Here's an example of a moron for you...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
Odd...I thought the Garand was a semiautomatic rifle along with its carbine couterpart. I know that the Model 1903 Springfield was a bolt action rifle based around the Mauser system and was still in use during WWII, but I was under the impression that the Garand was one of the first semi-automatic rifles to be brought into the War.

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
CS = EVIL! DESTROYER OF MINDS!

I don't know that much about guns, but I probably know more about them then someone who is stupid enough to say:

m16 fires magnem rounds stupid

Notice the colorful spelling of magnem?

CS = The opposite of Hooked on Phonics. Hooked on 1337.

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
(me)                (CS n00b)

chainsawrip6.gif

I think that sums it up...

[DiE]x8668k

Skilled
Oct 4, 2000
www.x8668k.com
Well, people that are talking about things they don't know anything about, still talk like they know everything about it. I simply dont argue with them, it doesn't matter what it is about, if they believe their friends Fiat UNO have a Formula 1 V10 engine, they will still believe it no matter what you say, so I dont try to convince them, takes to long for no use and if your unlucky they are the kind that starts to call you bad things. :(

And if I'm in a game, I'm there to play, not to chat.

And that I mostly have no idea what is true anyway. :D

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
This has to be the single most hilarious thread on these forums. :D

Unfortunately, this stupidity is probably going to be a downward spiral for a LOOOONG time... I mean, would any of YOU guys trust those morons with a gun, if only long enough to teach them the basics of firing it?

EDIT: 42nd post! Yay!

RavenStarSinger

I can make you die laughing or just shoot you
May 30, 2001
On the grassy knoll . . .
Visit site
Hmmmm. . . .

The Garand was a semi-automatic. In fact, it was probably a more reliable weapon than the M16Ax. The only real advantage to the M16 is auto (A1) or burst (A2) trigger groupings, which really only chews through more ammo, since the Garand was more accurate anyhow. I've spoken to numerous people who have shot the Incredible Toy Gun, and have been quite unimpressed with how easily the sights go off dead-center in the field. And if you accidentally drop it (think getting knocked over by a 'nade concussion) it usually jams up pretty bad until you can toy around with the reciever a bit (who the hell actually field-strips their rifle while actually under fire, huh?) The Garand is easy enough to maintain, clean, and operate, and moreover is durable under typical hostile conditions. Moreover, it REALLY does allow, with some finesse, for a true mastery of the rifle. I suppose it comes down to what you prefer. Myself, I'd choose a reliable Garand over any sub-machine gun or assault rifle available.

Anyhow, I would love to get my hands on a Moisen-Nagant bolt-action, as well, just to fire the 7mm wonder. In all honesty, I think I like bolt-actions more than any other weapon, but it's really not applicable on the modern battlefield for anyone except a sniper, and realistically, I know I can't move quietly enough, or sit still for long enough, to be a sniper. :/

As for stupid people . . . We're looking out, looking for you. We don't tolerate stupidity. In any shape or form. Stupid=Dead. Stupid=Nonperson. Learn it. Know it. And FARTEN THE SMUCK UP.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
CS = popular.
Popular = more people.
More People = less thinking on average.
Why?
First people = smart, trailblazers.
Followers = go after anything shiny. "interlergense" means to them something that causes whiny losers who can't play.

Need I say more?
We need a version of inf with shells laying around in piles. Whoever can put the right kinda shells in their gun (and not backwards!) can go play.
The others can sit in the pile and try to stick 12ga in thier akimbo beretta's all they want.

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
I am all up for that. Better yet... make it so that when you create a loadout... you have to pick the ammo for your gun on a VISUAL basis!! Muwahahaha!!

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Someday, someone had better start a nuclear war to wipe these species off the face of the planet.

My god, it sucks. Most of the reasonable, INTELLIGENT people are being drowned out by these ignorant pricks and the sheep who want to listen to them :(

If I become world dictator, all these ****ing idiots will have their tubes tied at birth alright.

RavenStarSinger

I can make you die laughing or just shoot you
May 30, 2001
On the grassy knoll . . .
Visit site
Not me!

I pronounce them "Owg" and "virrik"

Just kidding. In fact, I tend not to think of such things. Since I rarely say such things outloud (have never had a reasson to say "vrrc" out loud) I can't explain how my brain thinks it. It's something that words defy. It's not a direct pronounciation. It's like how you think of a word while once you have learned to fluently translate between languages, it becomes a "grey thing" in your brain with definition, but no actual form. I don't know if you understand what I mean. Think of if you saw something for the first time, like some weird object, that looked like nothing you had EVER seen before, and your mind just makes up some thought to comprehend what the eyes are seeing.

As for idiots . . . well, the way I look at it, don't revile them, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM! That's how PT Barnum made his riches. One born every minute, he says, although he was kinda optimistic. I tend to think of it in terms of milliseconds. What we need to do is make the idiot REGRET being an idiot, so that they'll change their ways. Then they can enter the fold of the thinking individual, and hence become a productive and informed member of society. At that point, we clobber them in the head and dispose of the body, because they'll probably want revenge for all the stuff we've fleeced from them :D

FiringAimlessly

Sep 18, 2001
I go with "Owg" (as in "powder") myself, since it is German...

Is it supposed to be a pun regarding eyes?

FiringAimlessly

Sep 18, 2001
Thanks.

Isn't it great to know that the Navy SEALS have fully automatic .66 assault weapons with helixial clips and pupbull designs to make them smaller? :p