UT EO Bloodbath - Wednesday 12/17 @ 8 PM EST

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
I'll check it out. You know, I've got perhaps over a hundred old demos. I should see if I can get them to work. I watched the video Sparky. Good stuff! You make envious, regaining your skills like that, and being able to go toe to toe with The Osk. ;-)

Oh! Oh! I have a screenshot. ;-) It's a rare map that lets me beat the Osk, but I've found one..... I don't think he liked it......

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/StNp9h1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
I'll check it out. You know, I've got perhaps over a hundred old demos. I should see if I can get them to work. I watched the video Sparky. Good stuff! You make envious, regaining your skills like that, and being able to go toe to toe with The Osk. ;-)

Oh! Oh! I have a screenshot. ;-) It's a rare map that lets me beat the Osk, but I've found one..... I don't think he liked it......

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/StNp9h1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

I caught the tail end of that match. The map tailor-made for your style.

The demos will probably work. Demo Manager (mod) allows you to see which mods/mutators/etc. you need installed and whether or not you have them in order to play the file. I'm curious to see if I am in any of those. Feel free to find somewhere to upload and I'll check some out!!!
(I have backed up all of mine to dropbox. The files aren't large. the 100+ I have are less than 700mb)

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
I caught the tail end of that match. The map tailor-made for your style.

The demos will probably work. Demo Manager (mod) allows you to see which mods/mutators/etc. you need installed and whether or not you have them in order to play the file. I'm curious to see if I am in any of those. Feel free to find somewhere to upload and I'll check some out!!!
(I have backed up all of mine to dropbox. The files aren't large. the 100+ I have are less than 700mb)

If you want I can upload them to Google Drive and share with whomever. Or we could use the account between us. Thoughts?

Edit: Edit for clarification, the google account that I created today lol. excessive.overkill@gmail

Last edited:

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Test video from last night.

[M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAF4imzW1Yg[/M]

Last edited:

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Yep, Osk was using OBS, and on a great computer, so that's the best it can get....... after having all the quality sucked out of it by Movie Maker editing and then Youtube. ;-) The raw footage probably doesn't look any different from actually playing.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Yep, Osk was using OBS, and on a great computer, so that's the best it can get....... after having all the quality sucked out of it by Movie Maker editing and then Youtube. ;-) The raw footage probably doesn't look any different from actually playing.

Well I'm not running a great computer. It's a laptop without any bells or whistles.

I'll see how OBS runs with UT. I may even try one of the other two video capturing programs running at the same time I play instead of recording the demo and playing back later.

I should be able to achieve better quality than the one I uploaded. I'll try another demo later while I'm doing some stuff around the house. I'll let it record at full screen and then run it through After Effects and see what comes out the other end.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
You'll want to find a guide for OBS, setting it up to actually record and use good quality is a bit involved, but once you get it there it's easy as two hotkeys. Quality 10, Bitrate high as you can do.... Osk had his 25K I think, I only do around 15K. Set it up using Game Capture & File Output. I may look at some of my demos today. I'm SURE you're in quite a few Sparky. ;-)

EDIT: 488 demos.......... I'm tired already. lol.

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
You'll want to find a guide for OBS, setting it up to actually record and use good quality is a bit involved, but once you get it there it's easy as two hotkeys. Quality 10, Bitrate high as you can do.... Osk had his 25K I think, I only do around 15K. Set it up using Game Capture & File Output. I may look at some of my demos today. I'm SURE you're in quite a few Sparky. ;-)

I'd love to see some footage from back in the day!!

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
SIGH

Copying over nearly 500 demos, my old UT directories, backups etc..... installing Demo Manager, finding that it actually tries to download missing files..... feeling like it's Christmas already! Result: demos I can play could be counted on one hand. *cries*

*shakes fist* Why'd you have to have so much obsolete beta stuff on your server that gets lost to the abyss in time! :mad:

lol :(

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
Was that recorded using OBS?

Yes unfortunately I did not like the degradation in quality when converting it through Win Movie Maker and then uploading it. I'm not entirely too sure if there is open source software out there that will take less of an impact when converting.

Rip

Nov 12, 2014
Yes unfortunately I did not like the degradation in quality when converting it through Win Movie Maker and then uploading it. I'm not entirely too sure if there is open source software out there that will take less of an impact when converting.

Well, OBS actually saves just right for youtube to begin with. Youtube likes mp4's and 720 or 1080 res. I think the problem is the editing software in the middle. But still, that came out looking pretty good on youtube.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
SIGH

Copying over nearly 500 demos, my old UT directories, backups etc..... installing Demo Manager, finding that it actually tries to download missing files..... feeling like it's Christmas already! Result: demos I can play could be counted on one hand. *cries*

*shakes fist* Why'd you have to have so much obsolete beta stuff on your server that gets lost to the abyss in time! :mad:

lol :(

Missing files? I'll scour the internet to find them.

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
Well, OBS actually saves just right for youtube to begin with. Youtube likes mp4's and 720 or 1080 res. I think the problem is the editing software in the middle. But still, that came out looking pretty good on youtube.

I used FRAPS for that first video. IT dumps a huge AVI file. I imported that into Adobe After Effects and converted to H.264 MP4. I think if I start with a better quality video it should be ok.

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014

Hmm...I should probably make better use of start/stop recording then and directly upload it to YouTube. I don't want to keep the mapvote and map switch stuff in there. I will give it a try tonight hopefully!

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
I used FRAPS for that first video. IT dumps a huge AVI file. I imported that into Adobe After Effects and converted to H.264 MP4. I think if I start with a better quality video it should be ok.

OBS does a fine job with initial quality. I was impressed.

Edit: I have it setup to make a mp4. That may be default.

Last edited:

xts-sparky

Nov 12, 2014
OBS does a fine job with initial quality. I was impressed.

Edit: I have it setup to make a mp4. That may be default.

What resolution are you recording at and at what framerate? How big of a file does 10 minutes or so end up?

oskeno

Nov 12, 2014
What resolution are you recording at and at what framerate? How big of a file does 10 minutes or so end up?

1920x1080 @ 60+ FPS. The UT multicore fix caps my FPS @ 64 for some unknown reason. It's either that or I get bad screen shakes like the game wants to run at double speed. 10 min file may be around 1.4 GB.

Also, below is a direct upload from OBS.

[M]http://youtu.be/bOMNDckeHeY[/M]