Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
[SCREENSHOT]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/darkusedius/Minecraft/ServerGames/map5-obliqueangle-day-1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd275/darkusedius/Minecraft/ServerGames/map5-obliqueangle-night-1.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

That terrain just looks great. Amazing what you can do with simple tools. :D

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
Well, that was the last straw. I'm not playing any longer until he fixes these stability issues. That's the hundredth time I've lost half a chest worth of loot because of freezes. Player inventory stays the same after the crash, but any changes to the world since the last save are lost, so for example if you hollowed out a room or placed a bunch of signs that will all be lost, but whatever you used from your inventory will not be back when you restart. And if you die, then it freezes on your way to pick up your dropped items, they'll be gone when you get there. **** this.

I just had the same problem...I had this awesome house I made on the top of a mountain and then the game crashed and when I got back in I lost most of the items I got from clearing out the mountain. I also don't like how there is no way to find your items that you lost when you die. Also a map would be a nice feature to add...

Last edited:

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
you cant die in multiplayer, therefore you cant lose anything you are carrying, ever.

just use your inventory for your tools, diamonds and ores, and leave piles of rock dirt and sand in chests, because they are easy and quick to replace anyway.

also if youre really that broke up about losing an item, just whine at an admin to cheat you a replacement.

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon
you cant die in multiplayer, therefore you cant lose anything you are carrying, ever.

just use your inventory for your tools, diamonds and ores, and leave piles of rock dirt and sand in chests, because they are easy and quick to replace anyway.

also if youre really that broke up about losing an item, just whine at an admin to cheat you a replacement.

It was in single player that this happed...I have given up playing the game till it becomes more a wee bit more stable...

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Yeah, the newest version of the game (1.1.2_01) is quite unstable and crashes fairly regularly. I dunno what Notch changed but it ****ed up something big. I wish we could go back to 1.1.2, that was pretty stable.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Yeah, the newest version of the game (1.1.2_01) is quite unstable and crashes fairly regularly. I dunno what Notch changed but it ****ed up something big. I wish we could go back to 1.1.2, that was pretty stable.

Can you post the new map? It'll help me plan my road. :p

Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, I know. My comment still stands.

I wonder if there would be any way to import a simplified real-world terrain map into it. :D

Once it is out of beta i'm sure the mods will be doing that. I would like to see some real time textures so the building looks more like a real building not just some blocks.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
I keep wondering whether or not to join in the minecraft and then I see something truly crazy that I will never be able to compete with, like the pillar of autumn recreated perfectly...

Well you don't have to create ridiculous monuments perfectly. It's fun just to create your own structures :) Sure, people will always do ridiculous things like that, but they do it in nearly every game.

Breadtruck

All's Well That Ends Well
Feb 6, 2005
Maine
About to start up the game and see if I can make a base in the sky :tup: Also might try making an underwater one.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Last edited:

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Well you don't have to create ridiculous monuments perfectly. It's fun just to create your own structures :) Sure, people will always do ridiculous things like that, but they do it in nearly every game.

As someone who used to build levels for UT I can't say I wouldn't try to out-do people as much as possible. I played the trial version and built a castle for about 2 hours last night, I would probably recreate minas tirith or some other crazy ****.

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
Mvlbc.jpg

Hurrah here is my big almost finished town wall! Now I need an actual town to put in it.