Your top 5 levels.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
So, if you can list them here. It's probably not that easy (then again, maybe it is :D...)
You may/can include RTNP :O) or other sp map(pack)s...

Mine:

1. Napali haven.

I wasn't quite sure wether to choose between this one or Temple of Vandora/Bluff Eversmoking, but Napali haven is the ultimate winner in my book.
Beautiful level and I'll never get bored of looking at/playing it.
Pure unreal magic ;-) :O)

2.Temple of Vandora
3.Spirevillage
4.Bluff Eversmoking
5a.The Sunspire 5b.Gateway to Napali

The RTNP levels are also pretty good, but imho can't top the ones listed above
:O)

(yes it's probably, most likely, been done before but I just felt like posting this thread :D...)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
1. NyLeve's Falls

Reason? Simple. There was nothing to compare to the awe I felt walking out the Vortex Rikers and seeing this level. Absolutely incredible!

2. Na Pali Haven

Speaks for itself :p

3. The SunSpire

Again, another awe-inspiring level. Running out down below the sunspire and looking up was just incredible. Also, playing co-op and seeing my friend shooting asmd charges down at me and then jumping off the top and watching him fall with the rifle was classic... :)

4. Nali Castle

Yet another awe-inspiring level. Although the level itself wasn't a spectacular play, it looked incredible.

and last but not least...

5. Bluff Eversmoking

Another one I think speaks for itself.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
1. Temple of Chizra

A labyrinthine system of ancient corridors, passageways, and watery areas. The first time I played it was almost the best 40 minutes of my life! (The second time was still a very entertaining 25 minutes.)

2. Outpost 3J

After seeing all the ancient venues, you have to admit that Unreal is still very good for alien tech themes too. I have yet to see where such imaginative architecture came from, and the lighting gives you no clue whatsoever that the textures look like they do!

3. Serpent Canyon

The most underrated of all Unreal's maps! Pure ambience!

4. Nali Castle

A quiet infiltration that actually manages to get the blood pumping at the crunch points.

5. Na Pali Haven

Unreal did this first, and I have yet to see it outside of the Unreal genre. An entire city on top of a floating island is definitely not something to underestimate.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
1. Bluff Eversmoking

Huge, the most complete location in Unreal, with so many places you can go. Great ambience, story (Kira) and music.

2. The Sunspire

Genuinely creepy in the dark. Great use of the absence of light. Architecture ain't stunning, but very gratifying when you emerge into the barn at the top.

3. Chizra - Nali Water God

What TechnoJF said.

4. Na Pali Haven

Unfortunately it's dated badly. It's really low poly, and has slipped down in my estimations. Great music, but the visuals aren't what they used to be (except in the square with the statue).

5. Nali Castle

Another very complete location. Really deserves to be treated as one level with Serpent Canyon and DemonLord's Lair.

Nov 4, 2001
The Kitchen
1) Spire Valley (RTNP)
-This is a really quiet map... but the music along with the general atmosphere of it really REALLY grabbed me. That lone house in that wide clearing by the spire itself, all by itself, near that small cluster of Nali houses and those strange towers... it just had that atmosphere. I could go and stand on the porch of that house, looking at the spire, and feel like I'm actually there, all alone, in a place where I can think about things and relax in the calm night.

2) The Sun Spire
-I just can't get over this level. No matter how many times I play it, its always just as beautiful and exciting as it was the first time I played it.

3) Approaching the UMS-Prometheus & the Prometheus itself (RTNP)
-The military themed places are always really cool, but these levels were just totally awesome. The music completed each map perfectly. Especially Approaching the Prometheus... when I finally got past the predators and the music kicked into the chorus, and I looked out and saw the ship, it was such an amazing sight that I just stopped and stood there for awhile, staring at it.

4) Ruins >> Trench >> ISV-Kran Cluster
-Something about these maps just made them stand out in my mind so much.... totaly awesome maps. Especially the Kran... reading the logs of the captain of the ship and the maps' music really made me feel for the crew of the ship... they must have fought hard to try and evade the Skaarj, but didn't last.

5) Harobed Village
-The music, the giant expansive outdoor daylit map, and the first discovery of the flak cannon in that church... oh man. I loved this map so much... still do.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
IMO though, the Unreal SP community is really HURTING for a SP game based on the new engine. Well, one that is worth playing.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
I'd really like to see one... unfortunately, Na Pali Heaven is dead.

If we had the know-how at UnrealSP, we might have considered making our sequel for the U2 engine. Problem is we don't, and I for one don't have the urge to learn.

So we'll just make it for UT instead. That's what a lot of people would want anyway. :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
My RTNP top 5 hm...:

1)Spirevalley (there's an ut coop conversion which has 30 titans... fun as hell :O)...)

2)Watcher from the skies
3)Nagomi Sun
4)Bounds of foundry
5)Gala's peak

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Hellscrag said:
I'd really like to see one... unfortunately, Na Pali Heaven is dead.

If we had the know-how at UnrealSP, we might have considered making our sequel for the U2 engine. Problem is we don't, and I for one don't have the urge to learn.

So we'll just make it for UT instead. That's what a lot of people would want anyway. :)

I completely agree with you, but it doesn't change the fact that the Unreal SP community is in a world of hurt right now.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
while I do enjoy them, I'm talking specifically about the new engine. Everyone thinks Unreal2 was worthless whether they liked the game or not. A GOOD sp game for the new engine needs to be made. I would do it but I have absolutely no mapping skills whatsoever. I'm a coder :p

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
*thread archeology*

1. Na Pali Haven. I always loved this one...the atmosphere, this weird feeling of freedom...
2. Bluff Eversmoking. Truly epic - and this isn't supposed to be some kind of bad pun.
3. The Sunspire. Once again because of the atmosphere...
4. Nali Castle. Due to its appearance in the intro, it's a somewhat defining map for the whole game...
5. NyLeve's Falls, because it's a great introduction to Unreal's world.

Honorable mention: The Darkening, because I still remember how scary it was the first time I played through the game. I never was that glad again in any game when I finished a level :p