UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
One thing you might be interested in is CTF-Morbid has doors that work.

They are meant to be opened by a Titan and work prefectly well this way.

That's why it says "Titan" on the doorplate and "Titan-mutator recommended" in the map-selection.

EDIT:
Didn't nELsOn's post, as it was one page further than the original post.

Last edited:

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Good grief.. People are complaining about how "starting with nearby locker weaponry" apparently 'ruins balance and OP's flak cannon"..

Quaglax

May the funk be with you...
Apr 25, 2006
ATL
Hey people, do you know if this patch actually has increased performance? Because I'm considering buying it, yet having only 20 FPS isn't all that good. Yet if the performance was improved, I wouldn't have any problems there!

Ya know I believe it might be. The UI just feels more solid and smooth at the same time and performance wise during gameplay it feels much better.

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
Ya know I believe it might be. The UI just feels more solid and smooth at the same time and performance wise during gameplay it feels much better.

A wise observation here, indeed the game feels somehow much better and many people are talking about, yesterday all the servers were full of people lots of fun :p (i was on deathmatch servers all the evening lol i need to check the other new stuff, and kill a TITAN of course!)

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Titan mode is fun. :)

And HOLY HACKSAUCE are the bots improved.
They're actually aggressive now. :D
Playing Greed vs a ton of very hard bots = RAEG. But fowkin sweet too.

And the new character lighting is eff'in awesome, especially when firing the stinger.

I'm finding (at least on Skilled) the bots are a bit stupider and not bloody insane and destroying you EVERY time u spawn. I is happy. Now for some RuneStorm content and i'll be happy.

C4ASESINO

Mar 2, 2009
Darkmatch is so awesome, reminds me of Unreal 1 so much....*attempts to hold back a tear, but fails*

I agree, but I won't cry but. I will create a club of fans of DARCKMATCH :lol:
not already seriously thank you EPIC, again:D very good product, I think that the ut3 this resuscitating and quick: eek: im happy(again)

Mott

Jan 17, 2005
No official domination and assault just make the game feel... lacking. UT99 and UT2K4 I played so hard, but even with the new patch and Titan pack it doesn't feel like Unreal Tournament. I am really happy Epic is trying to do something to get the community going again, but come one we need domination and Assault here!

I am thankful though for all the work done for free.

Agent4054

Jan 25, 2008
I'm REALLY happy with this patch and pack. My LAN group have been holding UT2k4 tourneys in place of UT3 for our past couple events. I'm hoping that this update will push UT3 into some well-deserved limelight and be a welcome addition to our events. I can't wait!

Wander

kittens give Morbo gas
Aug 11, 2008
My experiences playing the Titan Pack so far:

Pros:

+ Greed and Betrayal are both awesome gametypes! I spent more time in them than I previously imagined I ever would and I'll continue to play them a lot.
+ UI looks much better.
+ Much better dynamic music system: now you actually get to hear the entire songs during Deathmatch games, finally!
+ The Turbine remake is awesome!
+ The new levels are visually very impressive.
+ WAR-Hostile makes me wish all the more for a next Unreal game, incredible map!
+ New characters are pretty, too bad there are only two of them.
+ Lots of original gimmicks in most of the maps (e.g. OceanRelic, Darkmatch (awesome map for Betrayal), the Turrets in Rails).

Negatives:

- Characters like Kensai or Johnson still remain locked.

Other:

IMO I think the Titan mutator is a bit overrated. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, it really is a cool way to experience everything you've played before from a new perspective, but I don't think it's that awesome like Epic in their latest interviews described. In that respect I think it's a VERY GOOD thing they left the Titan mutator optional and don't force us to play the game with, which had crossed their minds, judging from the interview. I think the addition of Greed and Betrayal are more significant than the inclusion of the Titan mutator.

Is it me, or have the visuals in the stock UT3 maps become more colourful? If so, add this to the pros list.

Also, I haven't figured out yet whether or not the new maps have been integrated in Single Player. If not, add this to the negatives list (hey, it's still short anyway ;) )

Conclusion: Did the Titan Pack revive UT3 for me?

Yes! Although UT3 was never really dead to me, I found myself playing UT3 significantly more vigorously than I did before, and I believe I'll probably continue to do so for a while.

The best improvement to me was the dynamic music system. I was delighted to hear the entire mix of songs from which you could hear only short parts, and those same parts over and over again. It may sound stupid, but this really changed the experience I have playing this game for the better.

Can we expect a BU review of this pack in the near future?

Last edited:

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Wow. It's nice to see a server browser with a number of populated regular weapons CTF servers.

Unfortunately the one I went to had this gay "Titan transformation" mod where your player can grow to three times its normal size with extra hit points and what not but can't carry the flag. Was nice having the winning full flag cap in a game of Coret that finished 1-0.

Sadly, not too much has really changed other than the looks. The looks of the UI are much better but it still feels clunky and slow and consolized and is far inferior to having a UT99 UWindows or UT 2004 UI style. The Mapvote menu looks like it's improved a little bit.

Not sure what I need to do to set up a Throw Weapons keybind.

Now--this is how UT3 should have been released back in November of 2007. If it had been released this way it probably wouldn't have become a dead game.

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
No official domination and assault just make the game feel... lacking. UT99 and UT2K4 I played so hard, but even with the new patch and Titan pack it doesn't feel like Unreal Tournament. I am really happy Epic is trying to do something to get the community going again, but come one we need domination and Assault here!

I am thankful though for all the work done for free.

Warfare is domination and assault!

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Wander, you should use the Titan mutator in Greed. It shines in that gametype.
It's great in Team Games too. That stomp lets you get a lot of multi-kills and that's quite satisfying (and cheap).

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Love the Titan Pack and patch 2.0. Online experience feels alot smoother for me. Also the new maps and gametypes are fun to play - especially Greed. Good to see old remakes like Turbine but honestly layout is only thing that reminds me original. The atmosphere is completely lost, but oh well.. it's UT3.
I'm really thankful that Epic has invested so much work and time into this free expansion and this genuinely makes this company stand out from others. Good job!