How to import an animation from a ukx file?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Josiah7

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
I have a animated mesh in a ukx package. I can open it in unrealed's animation browser fine, but how can I integrate it into my mod? Can I import it into an existing package?

This model is not going to be a player-pawn, and I want to script the animations so they loop in a certain sequence.

I understand I may have to create an "INT" file or a "U" package. I am not sure how to proceed.

I have tried polycounts site, but not much luck. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can do this? What files do I need to create in order to use this ukx package?

Thanks for ANY help!

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Probably not in the way you might want to do things in. Something which might work, is to find out what bones this animation uses and apply the same bone structure and names onto your mesh ... but I doubt that would work. What you probably want or need is the original PSA files. I think the player animation ones are around but I am unsure if the weapon animations are also avaliable.

Josiah7

Aug 5, 2001
Visit site
No no, I don't want to extract the animation. I want to use the mesh and animation as is.

I guess what I ment to ask is now that I have created a UKX file and a UTX file for my model, what next?

It is not a player model or I could just create a UPL file, and it is not a "bot" because it has it's own custom animations.

What else do I need to create in order to use such an animated model in the game?

Thanks again!