use a UT2003 map in UnrealEngine2 Runtime???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Deurrific

Nov 12, 2003
I have this big big problem and it is as follows.
I have a very big UT2003 map filled with all types of static meshes, the problem is that... I can't get the map to run in the UnrealEngine2 Runtime!!
Can anybody pls pls help me with this problem?!!

Deurrific

Nov 12, 2003
That wasn't a reply I was waiting for, nevertheless I thank you, but... Isn't there any nice conversion program made by somebody really cool?
If anybody knows if there is some kind of way around this compatibility problem, please let me know.
I really don't feel like it to creat the entire level again.

oxygen

Nov 16, 2002
Australia
You can export all the BSP and Static Meshes individually, and that will probably work. However you'll need to adjust the textures on BSP brushes and if your exporting meshes you don't have the original max or maya files (or whatever) for, you'll need to reapply smoothing groups and possibly skins.

Beware of all the copyright issues, etc.

LeCroix

Oct 26, 2003
Visit site
I need the opposite

i want to convert a .urt map to a .ut2 map (ut2k3) , does anyone know how to do that ?

thanks in advance!

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Simular or same problem...

It's a legit problem, I tried taking "Brushes Only" from a UTK3 map I created in UTk3 and exported them into the runtime as T3D, they tweak and rotate back to the way they are created, even if I do a "Transform Permanently" before build. This sucks. Tried copy/paste as well as a few other methods but still everything goes whack. Also tried using the map file simply renamed and it does the same thing. It will NOT bring the map in as it was created. Any ideas on this? I want to use the BSP brushes from my older map and populate it with Static Meshes in the new runtime. It's a Large map and would rather not create it from scratch all over again.