Chronicles of Spellborn Beta Test Begins

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Beta testing is underway for the upcoming U-Engine 2.5 MMORPG, The Chronicles of Spellborn. Don't worry if you're not among the selected as a larger scale stress-test will take place in early 2006. Interested? Fill out your application today, and increase your chances of being picked by actively posting the the Chronicles of Spellborn forums.

Developed by Spellborn International, The Chronicles of Spellborn will introduce gameplay that challenges MMO gaming conventions. No longer will back stories be irrelevant, players will move back and forth in time to experience the storyline.
The Spellborn team has thrown out the old "auto lock" MMO attack system. Players will actively maneuver and aim in combat while they manipulate a "skill deck"
that allows them to string together hundreds of different possible attack combinations.
Also, armour and weapons do NOT affect combat so players can dress exactly how they like from the very start. Finally, the successes and failures of every player from the lowest to the highest levels will determine the fate of their House and the rest of the world.

pum

Oct 15, 2005
Nicely done in the art department, especially those backdrops. I doubt I'll get in on the beta, but it'd be nice to have a taste of the gameplay, just to see if someone's finally got the battle system business right.

Zenny

I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.
Mar 14, 2003
Washington DC
It looks like a very decent mmorpg, but there are a lot of mmorpg's out there today. hopefully it will be able to reach "critical mass" and be given a real shot by the mass majority

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
TomWithTheWeather said:
It's called style. ;)
Agreed, but I hope they will have some beefier models. I dont like to play as skinny characters.

U

Unregistered

cole_bie said:
Agreed, but I hope they will have some beefier models. I dont like to play as skinny characters.

I am under NDA since im part of the closed beta, but dont worry about skinny chars ;)

Spellborns style is quite unique, and as you can see from the screenshots, the world is just fantastic.. I suggest reading up on the FAQ on the general english forum and read up on the spellborn scrolls, the game is going to be amazing :D

NozzeM

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys, yep, me and hourences work on site for spellborn and angelheart is working on contract from the UK. In this game you will see things that you have never seen before with unreal engine 2.5, the sheer size of the maps is way larger than anything you have seen in ut2k4 while still having lots of detail.

As for the skinny characters, there's gonna be several body sizes to choose from so i'm sure there's something for everyone. The strange proportions are a design choice, everything in the game will be in it's own special fantasy style. Aside from this we'll have so many different options for character costumisation that you'll never see someone who looks the same.

The style of the game may look a bit like wow on the surface to some of you but i can tell you that it looks so much different when you see the complete picture, it's really a style and universe of it's own which is unlike any other game.

Last edited: