Glass Texture Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Almost all of the textures have funky lines in them. Some of them don't but they're colored glass. The funky lines just make it easier to notice that it's glass. Personally I like since I have in real-life actually walked into a slide-glass door. Luckily everybody was there to notice... but that's another story! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Load up the GenIn.utx file and look at the Glass section.

golgo_13

Nov 25, 1999
Malvern, PA, USA,
www.geocities.com
Thanks, will do

So I guess the name "Wanderer" just wasn't cleverly made up? /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif I walked into a screen door once, and like yourself, everyone was there to see, nearly broke the thing too...

[This message has been edited by golgo_13 (edited 01-17-2000).]

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
I walked into a door while sleep walking. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Also my name isn't made up either, I used to be a ruler of an evil kingdom.

bullet2.gif

"What's your major malfunction numbnuts!
Didn't Mommy or Daddy hold you enough when you were a child?!"
*Blam* -FMJ

[This message has been edited by Darkliege (edited 01-17-2000).]

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Nah, the name has to do with my personality type when it comes to making maps for a mod. I'll make 3 or 4 and then move on to the next one. I just don't stick around long enough that's all.

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
Just pick any texture and make it transparent (add it as a special). There are plenty of monotone gray concrete textures out there to use. You'll end up being able to see the glass, but also able to look through it just fine. You can then add an invisible collision hull (another special) next to it to prevent people from walking through it.

Mute.