Inf-bootcamp : teaching new players how to play ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Inf-bootcamp : good idea ?

• I like it, count me in ...

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Yes, but I don't have the time to help ...

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • I don't care, let them learn on their own like I did ...

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • bad idea ...

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
I really hate to say this yurch....
but smaller mutators are the route to go for popularity.

with a small mut that only does one thing at a time, servers can loadout a combination of modifiers to suit their clients needs.
meaning the run and gunners can have their quake inf, while the realism freaqs can have mp5/beretta only matches.

why I dont like that is because it leaves many of us in a lurch. with extreme servers everywhere and no middle ground,
it shoots the idea of training in the foot.

smaller mutators might be more popular.
but larger ones are easier to deal with gameplay wise.

I say you stick to your guns and keep it large and multifacited.

[edit: the newbs will seek out help if the gameplay keeps knocking them on their ass. after a dozen rounds of being flanked and sniped, they WILL come knocking ;) ]

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Is that really too big?
It won't get too much larger -
And this one gives me a lot of power regarding anything involving weapons.
Ballistics, bobbing, directional changes - even weapon collisons.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
As someone with a 'highspeed'-internetconnection I don't know what exactly a modem-user would think too big.
But given an average speed of 3.6kbytes/second 300-400kbytes take more than a minute to download and that probably is with optimal speeds. If it's any slower, then you're waiting 3-4 minutes.