CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
Thanks for the config. I used the default name which is your name when u sent this. Check out this...while i was my normal self check the rest of my team. the other team camped and sent a heli out all the time, and airstrikes. Hid like noobs, i was running and gunning. At the start i could predict where they were from corners without hearing them, i just KNEW. Atleast i have not sucked today, i just keep getting killed from behind.

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/580/nobodyonmyteamof1.jpg

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
After a few weeks of nothing but normal mode, I hopped into "hardcore" mode today. Srsly... Way too easy. I don't see how so many people don't get it.

Oh, I had a kill streak of 33 on that Creek match. D:

Attachments

• shot0092.jpg
    shot0092.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 13
  • shot0093.jpg
    shot0093.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
After a few weeks of nothing but normal mode, I hopped into "hardcore" mode today. Srsly... Way too easy. I don't see how so many people don't get it.

Oh, I had a kill streak of 33 on that Creek match. D:

Maybe it's time to dump hardcore mode...i suck balls at it. anyway not even close to you but my best game on vacant. MP5 with silencer.

isuckws2.jpg

Maybe it's also time to let go of my dreams of 1, just 1 map being able to make 100 kills. Usually all i say is "time to step it up", and make myself feel as if i made a new gear and i sometimes go from uber crappy to average.

I like defeats setup, and i'm getting used to the layout, atleast in combat i usually go on 1 knee, here i lay on the ground. I never used wheelmouse, but using it for helis, airstrikes, and radar is easier...now if only everytime i reload i did not die. I swear i can't reload without someone knowing and killing me.

I'll have to change e back to knife because i have slow ass fingers.

Last edited:

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
If you're having trouble iron sight shooting people with the MP5, try the AK-74u, it's the same exact gun, just easier to iron sight people with. It's drawback is that it's has some sway and is harder to get a good bead on people further away because of the way the gun fires.

My standard load out for normal servers is:
AK-74u
Deagle
3xStun Grenades
Stopping Power
Steady Aim

I usually end up running around with a P90,MP5,M4, or another AK-74u that I find and replace my deagle with.

T2A: I keep getting kicked from that aaaaaaaHardcoreBJ server for some sound file md5 check, or something like that. Do you have your music on ingame still? (miles folder not renamed?)

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
If your having trouble iron sight shooting people with the MP5, try the AK-74u, it's the same exact gun, just easier to iron sight people with. It's drawback is that it's has some sway and is harder to get a good bead on people further away because of the way the gun fires.

T2A: I keep getting kicked from that aaaaaaaHardcoreBJ server for some sound file md5 check, or something like that. Do you have your music on ingame still? (miles folder not renamed?)

Red dot i have problems, but i just hold the finger down instead of quick burst shots. Normal iron sights are hard, the hole is so tiny it's lucky you can even kill anyone, the mp5 silencer is not so bad though. The screenshot above i had an easy time, infact too easy time. The gun is ready to shoot SO FAST compared to the red dot i find and next to no recoil like the MP5 red dot sight where the dot flys all over the place. I hate the acog...i like the mp5 now, i guess i am used to it now. Level 1 to level 36(current) that's all i been using, i was so used to Carbine, but now i hardly touch the gun. Backlot sucks for mp5 silencer i found out, vacant is perfect for it unless it was just a lucky game i had because the 2 after i sucked hard which i tell myself "yeah yeah this is my prize for being good on one map you ****in noob".

I have no idea what is worse...no internet, or getting raped.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
If your having trouble iron sight shooting people with the MP5, try the AK-74u, it's the same exact gun, just easier to iron sight people with. It's drawback is that it's has some sway and is harder to get a good bead on people further away because of the way the gun fires.
They're not the same gun. In trying out the no-dot MP5 I tested it against the AK-74u just in case (knowing that the competitive community loves it), and I found out they play very differently. Everything the MP5 does is faster, from reloading to going to and from iron sights. Even your movement ability is affected somewhat; running, jumping, going prone, and sighting all goes more fluidly with the MP5. Pretty sure you even run faster/further with it. The AK-74u, on the other hand, plays more like a small assault rifle than an SMG. I like the MP5 a lot more even though the AK-74u is a bit easier to aim in some instances. Plus you can silence the MP5 without the hip spread jumping up to that of an assault rifle.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
rofl I forgot about that stuff when looking at the stats, I just looked at recoil pitch and damage mainily :X I don't mind the extra reload time because of the lesser recoil though.

-AK-74u has medium walling capabilities, MP5 is small
-MP5 has a 2 for speed, the AK-74u is a 1
-MP5 reloades in 2.33, AK-74u in 2.5
-AK-74u has lower recoil hip and iron sighted
-AK-74u has some sight sway, MP5 has none
-MP5 does sight faster

edit: Also, has anyone found out how much the silencer reduces range, as in a number or a %?

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
750 - 1000 down to 350 - 700.

So, with a silenced SMG (that's not a Skorp), you do max damage up to 350 units away. That's over a 50% loss in range, which is why my MP5 isn't silenced. D:

It's even worse for assault rifles. Max damage range plummets from 1500 to 500.

The AK-74u's sighted recoil isn't low enough to warrant usage on its own, IMO, but the walling power could be helpful. Recoil varies between 5 and 15 units lower for each direction. It's actually rated as having slightly stronger recoil than the AK-47. Additionally, the MP5 recovers from its recoil a little quicker, so over time it theoretically wanders less far off the target.

I also don't think the AK-74u is more accurate from the hip. I think the MP5's spread is a tad smaller, and both leave a pretty good sized spread of bullet holes if you don't move the mouse when firing.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
750 - 1000 down to 350 - 700.

So, with a silenced SMG (that's not a Skorp), you do max damage up to 350 units away. That's over a 50% loss in range, which is why my MP5 isn't silenced. D:.

Wow, I was playing with the UZI today, silenced, took me a bunch of hit on the same target to kill it. Definitively, silenced weapons are not the best option for long range kill unless you're VERY good at aiming.

Seriously, I like to play with different weapons for a change, but nothing, nothing beats the M4 once you've went godlike with it.

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
I still find the AK-74u kills faster in either sighted or hip fire mode. Also, how did you get those numbers for the silenced stuff T? D:

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Wow, I was playing with the UZI today, silenced, took me a bunch of hit on the same target to kill it. Definitively, silenced weapons are not the best option for long range kill unless you're VERY good at aiming.
It's just a numbers game. 20-30 damage means anything over 350 units does 20 damage. With Stopping Power that's 28, so four shots per kill unless you get headshots. 350 units isn't very far away at all, so on an average map, most enemy encounters will be over 350 units away.

Playing the numbers game shows you why "hardcore" is statisically easy. Every gun does at least 20 damage, so every gun is a kill in two bullets or less no matter the distance or silencedness.

Seriously, I like to play with different weapons for a change, but nothing, nothing beats the M4 once you've went godlike with it.
Except the AK-47. They're roughly equal in killing potential overall, but if two people shoot at the same time and all rounds land on target, the AK-47 guy gets the kill. D:

I still find the AK-74u kills faster in either sighted or hip fire mode. Also, how did you get those numbers for the silenced stuff T? D:
Same place I got all the others.

"maxDamageRange" "1500"
"minDamageRange" "2000"

That means up to 1500 you get full damage, further than 2000 you get minimum, and in between is... in between. :eek:

I stand by the MP5 as my SMG of choice. Now that I'm more used to it, the AK-74u feels like a poor man's assault rifle. It makes your movements much slower overall, and if I felt like being slow I'd go for the long-range power of a real assault rifle. >:[___]

Last edited:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Same place I got all the others.

"maxDamageRange" "1500"
"minDamageRange" "2000"

That means up to 1500 you get full damage, further than 2000 you get minimum, and in between is... in between. :eek:

I'm talking about the numbers for the silencer range reduction.

As for the gun of choice, I think it's just my internet since I do see people killing others really fast and easily with the MP5, but when I try it takes longer. It does seem easier to use on highspeedz. gg harrible internetz

I started playing on that Softcore server you do and I've already got 2 cheat accusations tonight. Gewd stuff.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004

It's not about aiming, it's about how much good you are with long range teeny tiny mouse moves. I suck at those...always keep putting too much force into mine and overshoot it.

Mar 6, 2004
Then lower your sensitivity some then :p

I'm not too worried about long range, i can just lob some flash bangs and charge them going around.

By long range i mean backlot where the parkinglot building is (steel beams are there) there is that big building that you go into and can go upstairs to the big mounted gun, or the basement, to the other end where the gas station is. that's what i mean by long range.

Last edited:

Defeat

Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Oh wow, I completely forgot about the game files :> iFAIL I was just looking at the online charts people have compiled ;x

I've stopped using medium range weapons like the M4 or AK now. I've replaced that class with the ACOGed M40 sniper. I have to use bandolier on it or I run out of ammo. I still love how easy that thing is to use, and thanks again for showing me that T :}

Last edited: