German "gamers" are stinky freaks with relationship problems!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Polychron

Poliwrath
Sep 13, 2003
In a bubble
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_XGtWDyz9w[/M]

Haha, this is probably the best "scandal" of the week in the German media!

The German blogs and gaming boards are running hot, because RTL – Europe's second-largest TV, radio, and production company – recently aired a brief report about the GamesCom (the major European games trade fair in Cologne) and their infamous visitors, the so called "gamers".

In that report a very fashion-conscious female student was asked to categorize the convention visitors and give her personal opinion about the usual appearance of a typical PC gamer.

The report basically divided the PC gamers into three categories:

1. Freaks, who like to cross-dress.
  2. Unshaved, sweaty and smelly guys with severe body hygiene problems running around in over sized T-Shirts.
  3. Extremely shy and introverted guys, unable to interact with the female gender and will likely never have a girlfriend.

As a reaction, an overwhelming number of German gamers, who felt being heavily offended by this aired report, are now taking actions to prepare a law suit. :lol:

I just want to add:
THIS GIRL IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

If you ever have visited the E3 or a similar trade show or a huge LAN party, you know that it is all true! The majority of the PC gamers just fits perfectly into the categories described above.

We just have to be honest with ourselves! PC gamers are freaks with social disabilities and many even forget to care about their own body and appearance! Denying this fact or even taking this matter to a court is absolutely ridiculous and immature!

EDIT:
Please move to Off Topic.

Last edited:

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
zOMG, a TV channel reciting every stereotype about gamers in existence. Particularly a TV channel that is known for its well-balanced, fair, matter-of-fact and objective reports, especially regarding games and those who play them. [/sarcasm]

Seriously though - observing this is basically like watching little children fighting.
No one's going to win, it's ridiculous but it's still fun to watch.

And tbh, a lot of what the girl in the video said is true, indeed. I was at GamesCom 2010 and you can really categorize (at least most) people. I actually felt out of place for having had a shower that very morning, not dressing as *random game character*, not lusting after the "booth babes" and having a girlfriend. Maybe I'm just an exception, though. Who knows...

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Laugh at guys who play video games...

Girls.png

Spend hours on FarmVille.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I liked the groups of completely normal or frat-ish people they just didn't bother to mention or acknowledge. But yeah, conventions have a higher degree of people that are over-the-edge involved and strange. Shocking.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
This Space For Rent. Please Don't Disturb The Current Occupants

Been to Nvidia's 500 people LAN'S.
Never smelt any stinky gamers there.
Heck. I have LANed for 2 years in a row once.
Never smelt any bad people.
But.
I guess none were German :D

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
"Bring a buddy to Superbowl."
"Bring your friend to gardening techniques and cooking recepies"

^ Could be arguable.
Stereotypes.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
If for whatever reason the fact that the average gamer is stinky and fail at scoring with chicks holds truth, the club douches would have increased chances at scoring threesomes.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
it's funny because the average RTL viewer is unemployed, drinks, has no outlook in life and stinks