P90X BuFers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dirtmcgirt

dirtmcgirt
Apr 5, 2005
Durham
Any BuFers on the X? I wanna know how many of you have tried, completed or are in the process of completing the P90X program. Don't be afraid to post results either.
I'm on day 70, and so far I love the program. I'm gonna start my second round about May 20th, and I'm planning on putting more focus on my core. It's tough for guys with bad ab genetics. I've got about 10% body fat, I'm 6'2", 185 and even after 70 days of ab ripper x my 6 pack only wants to show when I flex my stomach. Other than that, I've had some awesome results.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
I have started it a few times, but seriously don't have the kind of schedule that allows me to work out for 7 hours a week, every week, and so I generally go three weeks, drop it entirely for two, start up for two days, stop for a week, etc., until about a month before classes end and the crush of grading student papers and writing papers of my own buries me to the point where no work will be done until the summer.

That being said, I love the workouts, as I already have weights in the house and the routines are interesting, challenging and easy to follow.

~Jason

dirtmcgirt

dirtmcgirt
Apr 5, 2005
Durham
Yeah, it's really tough to stay on top of. I'm proud to say I've never missed a workout. I know I've been privileged to have the time to do so.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
I'm on the BFG90XX regiment. I carry around about 300 lbs of weaponry and body armor and run an obstacle course.

bfg90xx.jpg

(Thumbs up if someone gets where I grabbed that pic from)

I've had it for like 2 years now. I've done 2 workouts. That's it. I did the first one and I was so sore for 2 days I didn't do any other ones. Then I did the ab ripper episode one morning and that was ok. I get up at 5am to go to work, I get home at 7pm. I don't really have the time to do it. I want too. I really do, but I just cant' seem to get myself up at 4am to do a workout. I'm also 6'2, currently 198lbs. I would like to get down to 180 or so.

Oh well. Who gives a crap anyways. You don't need a good healthy body if all you do is play video games lol.

p90x is alright but it has it's problems.

I do the ab ripper pretty frequently when I'm not being a fatass. Otherwise I just do my own workout and it works fine. I think it's important to develop a customized workout plan that works for you as it will keep you motivated and on track. It also needs to be able to change if required. Like Jackal said above, what if you're sore as **** after a workout and literally cannot move? Well in that case I would do a lesser workout.. but the p90x will just poop in your mouth.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I'll just rely on my genes and the fact that
I walk over 5 km every day. If anythign at all I need to gain 5 kg.

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
The things that P90X preach are what body builders and other physical fitness experts have been preaching for years upon years, but now it's in pretty packaging. Honestly, you can use these exercises but there is so much out there you can create your own.

I frequently stop at www.rossboxing.com and I have his book Never Gymless. The sheer magnitude of exercises in Never Gymless is insane, but can all be used to get to P90X goals.

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
Meh, P90X is ok imo. I did it for awhile and yeah I was seeing results, but it wasn't that appealing to me. I hate spending 1 - 1 1/2 hours working out when there are better, more efficient ways to do it. I've been doing Crossfit for awhile now, and I can say that it's more taxing then P90X and way more efficient. Plus it a Crossfit workout typically takes a fraction of the time that a P90X workout takes, and it's free! Over the past 7 months I've been doing Crossfit and eating a Paleo diet and I've lost over 40lbs and I've gotten a lot stronger. I also feel better, sleep better, and have a ton of energy throughout the day.

@Fr4g D3mon - Abs are made in the kitchen bro.

dirtmcgirt

dirtmcgirt
Apr 5, 2005
Durham
On the kitchen abs note, yeah. Sad thing is, I was dieting so much and eating so lean that it had a detrimental effect on gaining size in my arms and chest. I've decided to let nature take it's course and if I don't end up with the six pack of my dreams then so be it. I'd rather be a guy with a big chest and arms than an average guy with abs.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
As much as generic as guys with six packs can be, I salute them. It's hard training and abs are the hardest muscles to train next to legs. Training your upper chest is the best part of working out and it's the most attractive part of the masculine body next to something else, that's what she said.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
I'm on the BFG90XX regiment. I carry around about 300 lbs of weaponry and body armor and run an obstacle course.

bfg90xx.jpg

(Thumbs up if someone gets where I grabbed that pic from)

Immersion's Video Game Inventory Video.

I've started the P90X a few times, but I just don't really get into it. I'm more of the kind of person who prefers to go to a Gym rather than doing it at home. Just a bummer that I had to cancel my Gym membership last April. Budget cuts are a bitch.

SnaKe-Fu

Thread Killer.
Dec 26, 2000
California
www.7igaming.com
On the kitchen abs note, yeah. Sad thing is, I was dieting so much and eating so lean that it had a detrimental effect on gaining size in my arms and chest. I've decided to let nature take it's course and if I don't end up with the six pack of my dreams then so be it. I'd rather be a guy with a big chest and arms than an average guy with abs.

Hypertrophy of the arms and chest through body building isn't exactly natural, but if that is what you're going for then best of luck!