EPIC: Idea's And Must Haves Ingame

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lauren

Powered By ZΛLMΛN
Apr 25, 2005
DM_Rankin
What are the idea's?

Hi all i whas thinking to let EPIC add Meelee weapons in the next ut titel.

What you think of some getches of UC2 like uniq Adrialine combo's and some more annon sounds, Like the standards of classic, 2003, 2004 and maybe the new ones of UC2 to because they are so cool and everyone loves them.

I have also see some Necris Races in next ut titel. maybe they can add Lauren and Brock of UC2 in the Necris Races. And maybe aslo add the ut2k3 2k4 lightning rifle.

More Idea's post it here! :biorifle:

-Cheers

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I'm not sure, what it's like in UT2004. I don't think you can disable adrenaline?
I never really liked it :hmm:

Would probably be a good thing if it was a choice. Well, I'd like it.
Or maybe get rid of the adrenaline pills...

What I'd like to see is this:

An option to enable/disable the thirdperson camera switching on when you get fragged.

It's... nothing major, I know. But I wouldn't mind it being included in the options menu...

Melee weapons?

A superdeluxe Katana :)
Without the telefragging option. Well, make it selectable maybe.

And being able to literally decapitate your enemy with it!

Make it a mutator: Katana arena.

Lauren

Powered By ZΛLMΛN
Apr 25, 2005
DM_Rankin
I got UC2 for Xbox and the Adri Sets are cool.

lvampire is one of them when you damage him you get the damaged health of him.

And one is he makes 2 chars like cloning herself so the enemy dont know what is the real one to kill hehe.

Meelee Weapon drop ''when killed'' he drops his gun incl his meelee weapons so you can drop yours and use his meelee arts.

Yups 1ste person cam when you die.
i also wanna have 1ste person in tanks an planes so you see the cockpit and dashboards.''High quality not like ut2k4"

Demorecorder like all ut but fixed 1ste person view. So we can see THE GUN! when you look the demo

Lauren

Powered By ZΛLMΛN
Apr 25, 2005
DM_Rankin
DOH!! but everyone is bad in 1 thing so quiet and just read because everyone can read this expect you? that wierd huh

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
I say can the whole adrenaline system...it's just silly. I prefer pickups.

About the melee weapons, no. They should keep the UT and UC franchises apart, but I wouldn't mind seing an alternative melee weapon included as a mutator (like the UT chainsaw).

And what do you mean add the lightning rifle? They just removed it...? I'm sure they will put in a lot of effort into balancing the weapons and as an end result the new sniper rifle will probably be noticeable different from the nerfed UT2k4 version.

NeoNite, UT2kx did include a mutator to disable adrenaline, so I wouldn't worry about it if envy has adrenaline aswell. ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Majik- said:
NeoNite, UT2kx did include a mutator to disable adrenaline, so I wouldn't worry about it if envy has adrenaline aswell. ;)

I don't remember retail ut2003 having it.. probably some patch?
Or only UT2004?

Really, I've never liked it :O)

Alexis_1987

Alexis
Apr 27, 2005
England
ri.sytes.net
I think adrenaline made the game more interesting instead of people going around with the same movement speed/damage/RoF etc all the time. The SC's look drooly, but im wondering how itll play multiplay when even Counter Strike Source is a strain on most machines.

iron12

Mar 28, 2005
Majik- said:
I say can the whole adrenaline system...it's just silly. I prefer pickups.

About the melee weapons, no. They should keep the UT and UC franchises apart, but I wouldn't mind seing an alternative melee weapon included as a mutator (like the UT chainsaw).

And what do you mean add the lightning rifle? They just removed it...? I'm sure they will put in a lot of effort into balancing the weapons and as an end result the new sniper rifle will probably be noticeable different from the nerfed UT2k4 version.

agree.

SiN-BiN

Aug 21, 2004
Majik- said:

I prefer the Lightening Gun to the Sniper Rifle. The Lightening gun had more character, it was more original. The Sniper Rifle you can find in almost every FPS game but the Lightening gun is unique to Unreal.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Oh yeah? There is a "lightning gun" in Quake3 arena, you know. Maybe not exactly the same, but nevertheless...

(No, it's nothing like a "sniperrifle" or "railgun". It can hit targets at a certain long range though...)

Unique to unreal, yes.. but not that unique otherwise.

But coming up with something truly unique is probably very hard...

I'd say, Unreal could use some organic weapons.. but then we'd be comparing to half life...

for example.

Last edited:

Nosnos

Nali
Jan 6, 2003
Stockholm
www.unrealnorth.com
Please no melee weapons... leave that for Unreal Championship, it fits the console gameplay much better imo. Don't get me wrong I like UC2 but I think the two series should be as different as they are now... I could do without adrenaline as well, it isn't a good thing imo, everyone uses the booster combo anyways and it only makes it easier for a dominating player/team to dominate even more since they will be able to use the combos more often...

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
The adrenaline system sucked. If anything, I prefer(ed) UT's relics to mix up a game. Well, exept for the speed relic (way too fast) and the skull (vengence? way too cheap. :p)

I would like to see the killing of all the jumpdodge combos and the return of jump boots. :)

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
NeoNite said:
I'm not sure, what it's like in UT2004. I don't think you can disable adrenaline?
Sure you can Neo, there's a stock mutator called NoAdrenaline, or something like that in the game that well... you know. :D

Arsenalvendetta

.: Death do us Apart :.
Apr 2, 2005
Nosnos said:
Please no melee weapons... leave that for Unreal Championship, it fits the console gameplay much better imo. Don't get me wrong I like UC2 but I think the two series should be as different as they are now... I could do without adrenaline as well, it isn't a good thing imo, everyone uses the booster combo anyways and it only makes it easier for a dominating player/team to dominate even more since they will be able to use the combos more often...

Agreed. Honestly now, which guy in a manta will take you seriously if you are carrying a chain saw on foot. Its bad enough carrying an assault rifle in a 'must have better gun' map like DM-Curse4. I wouldn't mind seeing the Shield gun in Envy because of its three characters: defence, offence and deflect.
I also agree to 'no adrenaline'. I ABSOLUTELY hate it when Bots go invisible and shot me and then I go invisible and get shot!

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
then thats a bot problem, not a people problem... like the AI is lame for not recognizing the invisibility adrenaline, and the adrenaline system in general was kinda sad too...

rhirud

Fast learning novice
Feb 20, 2004
I also hate it when I jump from round a corner and there's a rocket traveling where I'm about to land. Same goes for when approaching a tank quietly from behind - the turret can swivel and splatter you - the bots have no blind spot.