UE1 - UT MH-Nukers][

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Okay, before I realized that Hook had setup his own MonsterHunt games I'd already been toying with this idea. Ideally, given Hook's love of various kinds of redeemers, I suspect he might like this as there are so few monsters you can fight with just redeemers where it's still something of a fair fight.

00caf7a1.png

Anyone that's ever played MH-ShootingGuys and gotten into the central tower knows there's a weird version of the SkaarjLord in it that's got a redeemer stuck out of it's lower torso. If i knew how to do it I'd've edited the thing so the redeemer was a little smaller, cuz it looks a little too big and awkward the way it currently is. Still, basically these SkaarjLords have 'redeemer penises' that fire an unlimited number of reddemers before they die.

00caggcr.png

00cah1dq.png

These redeemers are a little odd. There's no massive blastwave, as there is with a normal redeemer, but it does have the normal explosive strength that redeemers do. Put that right up there with about 136 of these things attacking you and you can see how this map might be a bit hard to handle.

00cakkpd.png

This is obviously yet another variant of the MH-Brutes][ map, which has basically become my favorite testing ground for any and all monsters I can find. Although I edited this particular map from MH-Butterflies (yes it had actual butterflies on it). This map has 3 redeemers on it, a bunch of standard weapons, and in the main base there's a bunch of InstaComboGib rifles...

00caprh6.png

...which is an instagib that works like a standard shockrifle, if you're unfamiliar with it.

00caqps1.png

Even with all that, this is still not an entirely fair map. Playing it with 7 bots getting my back, it averages anywhere between 16 to 25 minutes gameplay; MH-Brutes][ averages about 10 minutes. I'm going to attempt to upload this map with this post but not all forums allow for a 3.67MB file

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
probably...

Did you notice it's a map by Kaal979, so it might be stolen property (which it most likely is)?

After I learned who Kaal was I started asking around. That and checking mapping sites. I have found other maps that he clearly borrowed from or outright stole but so far I haven't found anything even closely resembling this. Well, there's a CTF version too but Kaal claimed that one too.

No one else seemed to recognize it either.

Anyways, the initial map design, ugly and badly angled as it is, I've edited to make it look somewhat more decent. I can only do so much. I've edited like 20 versions of this map, each with different monsters and some weapons, but this is the first time I've tried sharing it with others.

Couldn't host the file here but it's up on Hermskii's site and Hook's.