Physical Unreal Tournament Copies?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hellkeeper

Soulless Automaton
Feb 16, 2014
France
hellkeeper.net
Since when did that happen? Last time I played ut2003 online it worked straight out of the "box", not physically though. Box..physical box, physical UT copies..hmm straight out of the box.

Don't know, but right now the first master doesn't work. I'm not sure exactly when it when down. I don't know if it's an old problem and it's definitive or if it's just for the last few weeks and it'll be back.

As for Unreal II, I think that's the only UT game which nobody seems to care about. The original Unreal has a small player base, whereas Unreal II hasn't.

Unreal II not having a multiplayer and being generally unstable means it's of no use to anyone. XMP could have something going on, but it came so late back in the days that it had but a tiny playerbase which dwindled quickly, and it started so low it quickly went to 0. Sometimes a couple of people get a game going but that's a rarity. At least the first Unreal still works great as a SP mod platform, and its compatibility with UT99 in many respects means it's kept alive by the beating heart of Unreal Tournament.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There's also the files from unreal 2 xbox version which had coop. But I don't have the dll files and the usual files don't work on Unreal 2 regular when I tried it. Only the editor loaded with them not the regular game. But I didn't have the libraries since the guy who put them up didn't have that.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Mate, if you would, i would be more than grateful. Anything I can do in return, just say the word. The only rarity I can offer is the Unreal 2 Special Edition from Korea; a Korea-only release, so it - like the Russian UT3 CE - is pretty hard to find.

The Ebay item seems alright, but the delivery is what gives me pause. Maybe that is the cost but also many sellers crank up the delivery prices to compensate for the lower cost of the item. Still, $65 isn't bad for such an item I suppose. As for the slight damage, a small bit of damage (creasing) to something like the manual is of no major concern; the rest of the packaging looks pretty good.

Anyhow, if you find something, please do let me know. Cheers.

We're having a big migraion from end of the office to another and in the process of looking through all the stuff that has accumulated at PR dept, I found a sealed DVD-Box of a standard Russian UT3 release. Will see if I can find a sealed CE as well.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Small Update! A demo CD for UT2K3 - no big deal in and of itself - but the CD jacket and CD logos are kinda cool.

IMG_7476.jpg

IMG_7483.jpg

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
That's very interesting...though not sure if worth it for the contents it has but I found the cover design always curious even though it's a lot of hype for so little in the end.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Indeed Leo. It sure isn't worth what I paid for it, at least content-wise. I picked it up for the collection, that's all. It is very hard to find boxed. Overhyped box blurbs....typos and all! ("You'r" ?!?)

The files on the CD only total 93MB and don't work out of the box. Another member of OU fixed the package and uploaded it some time ago, so again, I didn't buy it for the content, as I already had that in working order. There are some cool maps though.

It is just a curiosity I suppose. An illegally published curiosity at that!

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
They do work out of the box, but some files were nmissing and some of the maps using the new system files/mods dont work because they were made for version 200.

AlteredForms

Apr 9, 2014
United Kingdom
That is indeed a curiosity. Never seen it before , but I imagine it's one of those shovelware packs that some kid made in their mother's basement made in 1999.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
All of the maps afaik were taken from community mappers, not some. I recorded a video of the original version too.
There was however a german only pack which did have some exclusive maps which couldnt be obtained anywhere else.

Last edited:

Neon_Knight

Mar 2, 2009
Argentina
Unfortunately, physical, only UT2004. UT3 never had a release where I live, and I came too late for UT99 and UT2003. And I had no news of the UC releases here. :/

Last edited:

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Unfortunately, physical, only UT2004. UT3 never had a release where I live, and I came too late for UT99 and UT2003. And I had no news of the UC releases here. :/

Ebay is made for you! :)

Really, physical copies really aren't of much use unless you collect the games. Steam would be a better option for those who just want to play.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
All of the maps afaik were taken from community mappers, not some. I recorded a video of the original version too.
There was however a german only pack which did have some exclusive maps which couldnt be obtained anywhere else.

I never spoke of the source of any of the maps, unless you mean the guy talking in the vids. Which maps are exclusive to the German add-ons?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I don't remember which are exclusive, but there's a place you can get them. I don't have the files now.

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
I have 8 different .ISOs of add-on CDs, most of them as you said, are German. I assume that at least one of these has the exclusive maps, but I am not sure of all of the map names out there and which of the ones on the CDs would be the exclusive ones. They are around anyhow.