ShootMania Storm

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I f*cking love instagib and miss instagib UT so much. In fact, I reinstalled UT3 just to see if anyone still played instagib and I found like 3 CTF servers full of bots, every single night! :(

Maybe UT2004 still has an instagib community?

Back on topic, I did look at ShootMania Storm. But people on the Steam forums keep complaining about how low the player count is. And that's never a good indicator to the longevity of a game. I just don't wanna throw away $20 for a game that's going to be dead soon.

Might consider it during a Steam sale if the player count picks up.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's pretty crappy. For one thing, there are a limited number of "mod slots" and you have to pay to ad more slots. Also, the movement is pretty terrible and mouse tracking is even worse. Despite these flaws, I jumped in a game and absolutely mutilated everyone in the game. It was embarrassing.