Trouble installing Ballistic Weapons v2.0

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

deathwish226

Mar 1, 2009
I am trying to install a mod for Unreal Tournament 2004:
http://wiki.runestorm.com/index.php?title=Ballistic_Weapons
However, when I get the UMOD for it, it isn't recognized by Windows and I can't install it. My version of Unreal Tournament is v3369.
When I get the ZIP for this mod, and extract the files into the game, I see the custom game modes for ballistic and the mutators and so forth, but when I do apply the mutators, I still have the basic weapons for Unreal Tournament 2004.
Not sure if this matters or not, but when I go to settings-weapons and have the list of weapons, including the ballistic weapons, there aren't any pictures that appear on the window that shows you what the weapon looks like.
Can anyone tell me what I might've done wrong or what I should do?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

War_Master

May 27, 2005
You didn't add the files in their corresponding folders. Extract the files from the zip to the UT2004 folder which places the mod's files inside their corresponding folders. That's what I remember doing and it was an easy install.