Alt-fire for impact hammer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DieHardDeus

%k made %o's head a splode.
Dec 21, 2005
What if its alt fire picked things up, then first fire made a cannon ball out of the object and fired it a high speeds(like in HL2 with the grav gun)?

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Simple question, simple answer.

In my book, anything proposed that has even the slightest similarity to the HL2DM gravgun is a truly awful idea.

Sec fire on the IH should be the deflection mode, just like UT99.

Da Spadger

Insert stupid title here.
Jul 16, 2004
It should make the announcer yell "STOP! IT'S HAMMERTIME!" and remove all weapons and vehicles except for the IH. :D:tup:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Da Spadger said:
It should make the announcer yell "STOP! IT'S HAMMERTIME!" and remove all weapons and vehicles except for the IH. :D:tup:
NOW THAT'S MY KIND OF WEAPON. :D

KoshiJoshi

Certified FlakMonkey
Dec 13, 2005
England
I already miss the shield gun. it was so much easier to use...please give the impact hammer a shield...please...

innociv

Mar 25, 2005
God no. I hate HL2DM/CTF so much.

Should jsut be the same as UT99. Though it would be great if you could use it to soften your fall just like the shield of the shield gun in ut2003/4.. the one thing i like about it over the impact hammer.

Thromp

Dec 19, 2005
The IH needs some way to reduce fall damage. Maybe a tertiary fire compression mode. It fully extends and acts as a shock upon impact to keep you alive when jumping from heights that would normally prove fatal.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
briach said:
How about no reflecting or shielding at all.

If it can't block sniper it shouldn't be able to block rockets or shock.

But sniper is hitscan. How can the IH deflect that?
As far as deflecting shock balls, I'm cool with that.

And no shield, please.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Uh, we don't know that sniper is hit-scan currently.

If it was able to defelct every projectile (as it was in UT) then that would be as fair as it could get. Then only shaft, and beams would be garunteed not deflectable. The rest is still up in the air.

innociv

Mar 25, 2005
Nemephosis said:
And I'll be the first one to download it :D
I'll download it off the servers running it ;P Which every server should be running something that awesome!

stas

Oct 18, 2005
honestly i dont like impact hammer:( shield gun rox..i remember in urban and torlan it saved my life tons of times from tank shot just turn it aprox. to the place where tank shell will land and it absorbs alot