[Euro 2012] Prediction game.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Ahnabia and Bebasia are back! As before, I'm organizing a little prediction league for the upcoming football Euro Cup. The rules:

-Anyone can play, whenever they want. If you only predict half of the matches - that's fine, but you probably won't do too well in the scoreboard. You don't need to post whether you're in or not, just give your predictions in time and you're considered in.

-Group stage - Exact result correctly predicted: 6 points; general outcome correctly predicted: 3 points; one bonus point for the correct prediction of the number of goals of one team (does not apply if you already got six points from guessing the exact result), one bonus point for predicting the correct goal difference (does not apply if you already got six points from guessing the exact result, only applies if the general result was correctly predicted). Examples:

Actual result: Ahnabia 4:1 Bebasia
Prediction 1: Ahnabia 4:1 Bebasia - exact result correctly predicted, six points.
Prediction 2: Ahnabia 2:1 Bebasia - general result correctly predicted, one bonus point for correctly predicting amount of goals scored by one team, four points.
Prediction 3: Ahnabia 0:1 Bebasia - wrong result, one bonus point for correctly predicting amount of goals scored by one team, one point.
Prediction 4: Ahnabia 3:0 Bebasia - general result correctly predicted, one bonus point for correctly predicting the goal difference, four points.
Prediction 5: Ahnabia 1:4 Bebasia - wrong prediction, zero points.

-Elimination stage - Same rules as before, except when it comes to penalties: Predicting a draw (with the exact result of the draw) and the winner of the penalties nets you 6 points; predicting a draw (wrong result) and the winner nets 4 points; predicting the correct draw result but wrong winner also 4 points and predicting a draw (wrong result) and wrong winner 3 points. Examples:

Actual result: Ahnabia 2:2 Bebasia, Ahnabia wins in penalties.
Prediction 1: Ahnabia 3:2 Bebasia - one point.
Prediction 2: Ahnabia 2:2 Bebasia, Ahnabia wins in penalties - six points.
Prediction 3: Ahnabia 1:1 Bebasia, Ahnabia wins in penalties - four points.
Prediction 4: Ahnabia 2:2 Bebasia, Bebasia wins in penalties - four points.
Prediction 5: Ahnabia 1:1 Bebasia, Bebasia wins in penalties - three points.

-Predictions for each match must be made before kick-off. Any predictions coming in after that can not be accepted.

-Don't go back and edit your posts after kick-off, for whatever reason. I really can't guess whether you've only been correcting typos or fixing your predictions.

-Please keep discussions about the matches and teams themselves out of the thread. Just go to the discussion thread or open up a separate one for that, otherwise things will get horribly cluttered in here. Discussions or questions about the prediction game are fine of course.

-Whenever I make changes to the scoreboard, have a quick look to check whether your own score seems right. If I made a mistake, let me know.

I'll have the most up-to-date match schedule always ready in the second post of this thread, but I'll also make a separate entry whenever a new round starts so you won't miss it. The standings will be edited into the first (that is, this) post.

I hope you're up for the challenge and I hope you'll enjoy yourselves!

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
All times are Greenwich Mean Time.

Round 1: Group stage, first match day.

Poland : Greece. June 8th, 5pm.
Russia : Czech Republic. June 8th, 7:45pm.
Netherlands : Denmark. June 9th, 5pm.
Germany : Portugal. June 9th, 7:45pm.
Spain : Italy. June 10th, 5pm.
Ireland : Croatia. June 10th, 7:45pm.
France : England. June 11th, 5pm.
Ukraine : Sweden. June 11th, 7:45pm.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Has any sport brought more death to players and fans than soccer? I love playing it but I think it is boring to watch....well unless there are the previously mentioned riots!

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Has any sport brought more death to players and fans than soccer? I love playing it but I think it is boring to watch....well unless there are the previously mentioned riots!

Well, as it's the most popular sport on the planet and watched by more people than any other sport, then it's statistically most likely to have had more deaths to spectators.

As for deaths among actual players, I believe B.A.S.E. jumping has a higher death rate. I could be wrong (but I doubt it).