JB map pack #2?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
a quick howto:

1) launch umodwizard & select ut2004, the correct path to your game is needed.

2) create a group (name does not matter) by clicking on "create group", and add some files by clicking on "add files" ;)

3) when you've finished adding your stuff, it should look like in this picture.

4) ini entrys, skip this page by clicking on "next", it's not needed for a mappack anyway.

5) add some requirements, like ut2004 with minimum 3355 as version or jailbreak greater or equal 2004b (hint: 2004b version of jailbreak is number 102, i've just entered 2004b for demonstration purposes)

oops no more picture space left :eek:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 3
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 4

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
mkai, here we go.

6) add some fancy information, ...well picture explains it i guess ;)

7) logo position (340x82@256colors max) & ut4mod file name

8) by clicking on "generate" a dosbox will popup and create that ut4mod file. it'll be located into your ut2004/System folder

9) launch your newly created ut4mod installer, and it could look like shown in here.

easy eh ? hf :)

edit: wrong picture

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com

The files I add -- should they be in their correct location when I pick them, or will the Umod installer know where to put maps etc?
Do the groups mean anything?
Should the readme and the logo already be added as files to the umod?
What does 'cleanup files' mean? Will it wipe the files I've added or what?

Anyway, unless there's a way round this problem with all UMODs on UT2004, I'm not in a position to test anything I make.
I'm running the latest patch.

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
erhm..

tarquin said:
The files I add -- should they be in their correct location when I pick them, or will the Umod installer know where to put maps etc?
easiest way is: you install your files into your ut2004. then you pick the maps/meshes/.u-files directly from your game. then paths are correct.

tarquin said:
Do the groups mean anything?
you can create multiple groups to make something like shown here:
http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/UmodInstaller/groups.jpg
but for your mappack, just go for one group & you should be fine.

tarquin said:
Should the readme and the logo already be added as files to the umod?
yes. logo wont be shown if not. and at the end of an ut4mod installation there's a little button called "readme" wich will be linked to your readme.

tarquin said:
What does 'cleanup files' mean? Will it wipe the files I've added or what?
YES IT WILL KILL YOUR ENTIRE HARDDISK !!1
nah it'll delete those helper-files wich are created during the compiling. ;)

now stop asking questions AND TEST IT, you'll see, it's easy.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
4WD said:
easiest way is: you install your files into your ut2004. then you pick the maps/meshes/.u-files directly from your game. then paths are correct.

Easiest way for me is to make a folder of all the files for the map pack, called 'JB map pack' and pick them from there instead of going through all the other folders.
Will that work though?

4WD said:
YES IT WILL KILL YOUR ENTIRE HARDDISK !!

Well, what a stupid option to put in. Why wouldn't I want to remove the helper files? Or why not? 'cleanup' doesn't really say anything meaningful.

As said above, I can't test my umod files. So I'll have to leave this until I find out how to do that.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Man Tarquin i really hope you get the Umod working!

TheSpoonDog said:
Yes. Though I've realized more and more that the level was designed specifically for CTF and doesn't really suit Jailbreak... but then again, the original UT JB-Hydro32 didn't really either, and was still fun. We'll see.

Such simply words, hope it happens spoondog your maps are so awesome!

Last edited:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Yup, it has.

And it doesn't work if I put the maps in a sensible, out of the way place :( :stick: What's the point of computers if they can't make things easier???

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
dude just make it a rar and zip file than when its iut someone who knows HOW to make UMods and doesn't have a F**ked up version of UT2l4 can make the UMod, than all will be well!