[NEWS] Every map in UT2007 will be set on the same planet

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kiwi

Sep 26, 2005
I remember since the first time I saw ut2004 demo that I said..."hey this map is crap...." (ctf one)

I play ctf mode and all the maps made for this mode were crap...and are crap I mean the one made by epic not the ones made by the community ;)

The maps are too big for that mode.... they look that they come from a designer more then a real level designer who played the game before

I dont really care if the maps are all set on one planet until they have a good gameplay....this is wat people want.... play online on a good map and not on a crap map but that look very goood with a lot of details etc..

Am I wrong ? :eek:

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
All we're gonna eventually end up seeing is more industrial maps anyway. I seem to recall most of classic UT's were concrete and rusted metal. Arcane is the only official DM map I can call to mind that even ahd a tree. Personally 2k3/4 had far more variety in terms of setting than UT99 did.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
I must admit Ive always had a soft spot for tokara forest, nice map...
Even better when using the spider mines makes for good ambush's!

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
-AEnubis- said:
I really like ports. I just want them to get a scale consistant so they are pheasible.

I'd love to be able to play waisten, achilles, bishop, closer, curse, codex, and deck back to back. Then throw a couple new maps in their, and it would be endless hours of fun.

New classics are good, but no reason for old classics to die.

My first thought on that statement though is: What maps can we think of that are really "un-earthly"? Tokara, and Magma are the only things that pops into my head, maybe spacenoxx, or lucious, but they hardly count. Most of ther played maps are stuff that could be seen on earth, and mostly becuse everything people from earth make will be derivative of that.

Let's see, (note: I make no comment as to whether or not people do or should/shouldn't like these maps, just listing them) Inferno, Citadel, Ascendancy, Dria, Mothership, Sulphur, Phobos, ElectricFields, Lava Giant, Smote, Orbital, and pretty much any of the "Egyptian" styled maps, since our egyptian ruins don't look anything like that. Granted, they never said it'd be on Earth, specificly, but they'd have to do them up like arenas that the Nahkti set-up, as opposed to established ancient cities. Would be pretty intresting to see Face3 or Avaris done-up in UC2 trappings, though...

To AEnubis: Gaah, forgot that one.... ^_^

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
The lava maps I can't dispute in normal circumstances, but some of that stuff I've seen pics during eruptions that were pretty wicked.

I've also been to Egypt, so, most of those styled maps, be they far from the "real thing" are still obviously inspired by it. There's more, no doubt, but terrain has a lot to do with that. The fact that most UT maps were indoors left for much less variety.