CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
I'd love to see someone's awesome score on a 50 player shipment map. I doubt it's even possible, even hiding the whole time which is how you get good scores on that map.

Staward

Lauda tuus animus
Jan 31, 2008
-23° 58' 3.15" -46° 20' 32.07"
Oh, i did this before, the hightest score was something about 200 kills. They prone by 2 barrels in front a spawn point and just open fire against people. You have a probability of 5% to spawn and get to walk somewhere else without getting shot. Not fun.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Overall ****ty maps, quite a few designed for tank and dumb sniper gameplay.
But at least there are bigger maps that can hold more than 12 players gracefully.

If MW2 has bigger maps it will be at least 50% better than CoD4. Well, in theory. Who knows what other nerfs they put into place because the console 'tards whined about it even though on PC the things they were whining about were perfectly balanced (M16, for instance).

But a lot of CoD4's suckiness comes from its small maps. Terrible spawns? Small maps. SMGs too good? Small maps. Underwhelming sniper rifles? Small maps. Tons of grenade spam? Small maps. LMGs have no legitimate use? Small maps.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I personally like 50 slot servers

Sigh, whatever floats your boat. Anyway, the question is how you do in a 24 player slot?

the problem is that people use the fact that the map is crowded with people and turn on martyrdom or then start spaming every wall they see, sometimes you can't stay alive for 10 seconds without stepping onto granade or being shot from the other side of the map with LMG's with Deep Impact.

Ok let's say it again in case you missed it. 50 People server. 50 None of those things are really a problem on regular player count servers mate. :)

Maps like crash and CO. support like 24 max, ideal is like 14-16. You have to expect a lot of non sense and start to see things in the game pointlessly. Grenades are more than abused and the action is just nonsense. People can just go mindless and obtain kills. That's not how the game is meant to be played.

Lately i haven't even been able to play a whole match because i get so angry that i decide just quit the game to chill out a bit.

Try non-50 slot servers? Do you play HC or normal?

The good thing about these servers..

.. Is that there's no good things about them.

you can really play, you ususally get a lot of kills

Obviously anyone knows you can get a lot of kills no matter what the player count is.

for beginner, they can get a lot of points each match and it can be really fun for those who like a lot of action, but it's just really hard to find a decent server in this settings...

I like a lot of action. That's how I see video games.
This is just mindless spam and luck factor to a dumb level.

Nuff said.

Short answer: That's not how the game is meant to be played.

But at least there are bigger maps that can hold more than 12 players gracefully.

This again? We all know their dumb sniper maps is either camp or get killed. you either get raped by tank or snipers if you get outside the spawn spot. This isn't anywhere better than 50 players on backlot.

Only map I liked was Castle. And that one was in the beta.

Last edited:

Zer0

Jan 19, 2008
In my opinion, the best player count is something like 5v5 for all the maps. We all know that most servers will have huge player counts for MW2 just like they did with CoD4 though. So overall I think bigger maps is probably better, even if you do get more sniping and camping (why does everyone whine about camping).
Server admins just insist on having 64 players in their server for some reason. v:)v

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
This again? We all know their dumb sniper maps is either camp or get killed. you either get raped by tank or snipers if you get outside the spawn spot. This isn't anywhere better than 50 players on backlot.
I'm not saying they have to be big and open. Just bigger than CoD4.

Every single CoD4 map was built with a maximum of 16 players in mind -- and some of them for far less. The fact that the average player count for PC servers is 24 means that the maps are just terrible for PC gameplay. It's to the point now that most PC players have no idea they suck because they play on overcrowded maps with 3x Frag and a Steady Aim MP5 that they never have to sight and still do alright. The maps are unsuited for how they are played. Period.

I'm not saying take a crappy map like Countdown or Bog and make them an even bigger circle of spawn camp failure just so more people can be crammed in. But take something like Strike or District and expand on its layout. Create more routes and new sections. This would eliminate most of the game's problems completely.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Instapost edit: T2A, I think they are planning to make the maps bigger already. My problem is how they really don't give a crap about the new content. IE, 96% of the MP maps in MW were made out of the single player. I could go on all day if you guys need proof.

Only maps like Creek, Chinatown, Killbox (or W/E this pos is called) seems to be entirely made from scratch. There might be a few others. Just a very few.

5v5 sounds good on paper if no one decides to camp and be part of the action. That is, no claymore setting up for sniper nests, like those useless sniper idiots on 3v3 servers I always TK-nade for the lol.

Haha boi. I sooo hope they keep the TK-nade in MW2. :crysmile:

Last edited:

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Oh, i did this before, the hightest score was something about 200 kills. They prone by 2 barrels in front a spawn point and just open fire against people. You have a probability of 5% to spawn and get to walk somewhere else without getting shot. Not fun.

less is definately more in shipment

lololshipment.jpg

iw did a pretty decent job putting out maps suitable for all the different gametypes, it's our fault if we join servers that 'are doing it wrong'

Mar 6, 2004
What is it about clans that make you worse? when i play cod4 clanless i am actually decent, but once the clan tag pops on i play so crappy. It's like when in a clan you are tied down by representing a name, but when you are solo you are free as a bird.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Night vision goggles. Cool so now I can go outside and pretend I'm some elite special forces running in the street with my future airsoft gun and fake outfit. Thanks to you, limited edition.

Oh wait, actually it's just going to stand on display whilst dust eat all of it. I bet the amount of money they'll get with this game is going to be nearly twice what they made with MW.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
'Pricing details have also emerged for the Prestige edition of Modern Warfare 2, which comes bundled with fully functioning night vision goggles and will be available exclusively at HMV in the UK for £119.99 GBP.'

ouch.

FuLLBLeeD

fart
Jan 23, 2008
Kansas
awwsmack.org
Night vision goggles. Cool so now I can go outside and pretend I'm some elite special forces running in the street with my future airsoft gun and fake outfit. Thanks to you, limited edition.

Oh wait, actually it's just going to stand on display whilst dust eat all of it. I bet the amount of money they'll get with this game is going to be nearly twice what they made with MW.

Kantham: Canadian Special Forces Elite Operative