old uc players deserve respect from pc players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TraCK

Amateur Sketch
Apr 14, 2005
Kansas City
Whenever I go to friends house for Halo parties I usually win. It's sad because some of these guys play online for hours and hours a night and I come over with virtually no experience and I win most of the games. I don't even have an xbox.

The fact that you are a UC player gives you a high presidence over other console players, I've never played UC but it looks very cool. My "hate" for console gamers comes from the fact that most of them are just sooo dumb. It doesn't seem to be the case with you because you know what you're talking about but damn most console gamers I know don't even know what a graphics card is.

Last edited:

Jo0k

Apr 12, 2006
Whenever I go to friends house for Halo parties I usually win. It's sad because some of these guys play online for hours and hours a night and I come over with virtually no experience and I win most of the games. I don't even have an xbox.

The fact that you are a UC player gives you a high presidence over other console players, I've never played UC but it looks very cool. My "hate" for console gamers comes from the fact that most of them are just sooo dumb. It doesn't seem to be the case with you because you know what you're talking about but damn most console gamers I know don't even know what a graphics card is.

yes.

all i wanted someone to say here. because that is so true for most pc players who experience. thats why i mentioned '13 year old halo 2 players'. they are all there, and we all hate them. they single handedly pretty much ruined xbox live from what it used to be before halo 2. just be aware there are amazing xbox players out there on the other games the systems have to offer.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
... and here comes TraCK to bolster my point. ;)

Really... the console market is enormous compared to the PC game market. It's probably a dodgy point to make in saying that
most of them are just sooo dumb
Especially when you equate their intelligence to knowledge about PC hardware.

The reality is that more and more PC players also own and play a console of some sort. So that makes "most PC players" sooo dumb as well. :)

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Jo0k said:
alright first remember uc is basically dead. its 3 years old and you cant find over 800 people playing it per week. but 2k7 on 360 wont be.

You should probably stop kidding yourself about it being released on the 360 any time soon, Epic probably doesn't even have the man power to develop the game on 3 different platforms along with Gears of War at the same time.

Jo0k

Apr 12, 2006
LGD, a uc clan, recently won $250,000 for a bf2 tournament hosted by EA.

LGD Won the Biggest Console Tournament Ever ...
- Free Expenses Paid Trip, to a 4-Star Hotel, with classy bars and restaurants covered by EA.
- A total of $250,000.00 / Split 10 ways to each participating member
- Any Xbox or PC Electronic Arts game we wanted , we could chose whatever games we wanted from there storage rooms
- LGD players in the tournament will receive a free Copy Xbox 360 BF2 shippped March 14, 2006. One Day before the release of BF2 on XBOX360
- The Fame and Glory of being the #1 Clan For Battlefield 2 Modern Combat on the XBOX in the world.

www.teamlgd.com

Especially when you equate their intelligence to knowledge about PC hardware.

yes its tiring explaining simple concepts like q3 mods, or even a console and all the lingo, to most xbox players.

im stuck in a noobfest, but i love sticks to much to change. plus my pc=poop.

You should probably stop kidding yourself about it being released on the 360 any time soon, Epic probably doesn't even have the man power to develop the game on 3 different platforms along with Gears of War at the same time.

its really unlikly they wont do it. they have announced that pc comes first. and they are not sure about when ps3 is going to be released. some say its a launch title, but thats been denied. i expect 2k7 to come out for 360 at the same time or sometime following the release date on the ps3.

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Jo0k said:
uc is ut.
Mostly incorrect.
UC is a part of the Unreal storyline, but it independant of Unreal Tournament short of a few character names matching up

UC is more connected to UT2003, but again, only in character names and also weapons

Hedge

Wish I was with her
Sep 12, 2003
out in the boonies
Visit site
Well, I am tired of reading through this thread. I think I understand what you are trying to say. However, making threads like this probably aren't going to help you get the point across which you wish to convey.

chillypacman

Dec 19, 2005
listen up, ut2007 WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT be released on the xbox 360, why? Because epic have a franchise that already has proven itself in the console world, its called unreal championship.

I dont think epic are dumb enough to try and introduce the ut franchise to a market that are already familiar with another competant product.

Game developers generally make games that are targetted at consoles easier to play and handle than pc because obviously it makes money for them. WHy do you think ghost recon was delayed for the pc but already released for the xbox 360? TO deliver to the pc gamers who demand more.

Jo0k

Apr 12, 2006
Kyllian said:
Mostly incorrect.
UC is a part of the Unreal storyline, but it independant of Unreal Tournament short of a few character names matching up

UC is more connected to UT2003, but again, only in character names and also weapons

when i say uc is ut, i am not refering to the story line. when i say uc is ut, im refering to the movement, the physics, and the gameplay. ive played ut2k4, and its uc on comp mod with pumped up graphics, more maps, more options and a mouse.

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Hehe, I love this stuff...

I have nothing to add, other then: "I simply can't wait until there is an FPS medium where console "players" and pc players alike can duke it out in the same ground."

There may be exceptions, no, there will be exceptions to every rule. Most people though, will fall into categories, and sterotypes, that are mostly true, and the exceptions will be mad about it until they accept the fact that they are exceptions.

Most UT2k4 players that call me an equal can't believe I compete on the level I do, using a trackball as opposed to a mouse. That's minor, but I hear rumors that one of the best UT players used a stick. Point being, there will be exceptions, but I feel that with common ground, logic will be prooven 9 times out of 10. I haven't exactly inspired anyone to go out and buy a trackball.

If there is any disrespect, it's probably more routed in the ease of operation and aquisition of a console as opposed to a PC. It offers less, it's easier to run, and taking that route is hard to respect, especially by players who are also talented mappers, and the like who are capable of giving something back to their resepctive communities. Something I don't feel, but could concieve.

Console games, even on the net, are very 2d in that respect.

I'd love too see the game that does it though. I'd be great just for the expansion of the player base.

I said it before, but I'll end on the note again, yes, there is always exceptions, but respect takes time to earn.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
PC FPS > Console FPS

I think it's more accurate that UT players don't really think about UC players (or UC for that matter) at all. Console FPS games are pretty much a non-factor for most PC FPS gamers. If we liked console FPS games, we'd be playing them. We don't, so we aren't.

Most PC FPS players genuinely don't care about the console side of things. I'd be more in favour of Epic actively distancing the UT series from consoles, because consolisation screws up our game. We get a PC game, you get the port, that's how it should work. Epic tried porting a console game to PC with UT2003, and it was an unmitigated disaster. It's the main reason I want to see our (PC Gamers) needs be put above yours (Console Gamers).

I'm happy that you enjoy UC, but tbh I don't care about it.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
I think it's a shame the OP hasa to be so aggressive about it.
As hal pointed out, consoles and PCs ARE NOT mutually exclusive, many of us own both and form our opinions on that.

For me the problem with console gaming online is that there is a far higher percentage of idiot kids who game on consoles than there are on computers. Now, I KNOW that can't generalise about all console gamers, one of my best mates is the same age as me (34) and loves playing online on his 360 but won't touch games on computers. He's hardly a Halo 2 noob and, being the IT coordinator at my organisation, knows a fair bit abot PCs and Macs.

But the fact is, when I'm round at his house playing CoD 2 (which is a nice game), the Xbox 360 servers are just full of idiots and team killing. I have yet to play a single satisfying game there.
I think consoles are fine for SP or perhaps for LANning, but while XBOX live is a brilliant idea, with a great interface...the people using it ruin the overall experience.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned about console titles is that by necessity, they aren't supposed to keep you hooked for that long. Consoles are sold at a loss, manufacturers depend on licensed game sales to make a profit and therefore a game like UT, which has an effective lifespan of years because of it's sophistication in weapons, moves and gameplay, coupled with its support in terms of mods, map packs and community input, has no financial benefit to console makers.
They want to sell lots of games, not just one that people will spend months getting to grips with (lets face it, you can master most console games in a matter of weeks from scratch - in UT you're a noob for at least for first couple of months).
Console games NEED to have a high turnover for the sake of profits, PC games on the other hand have no obligation to the hardware, they just need to cover develpment costs of the game.

Because of this they will forver be games aimed at differnt markets and therefore, different kinds of gamers.

It's not about looking down on or disrespecting, it's just about choosing what you like the most.

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I CRiSiS I said:
OK, ok, ok for the stupid ass nubs who dont know and keep on irritating me about ut07 not comming out for the 360 here look at this **** http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox-360/unreal-tournament-2007/692957p1.html damn dumasses, we're not living in the stone age u know...heres something to help out the nubs next time when they dont know whats going on -----------WWW.GOOGLE.COM----!

It's on the internet, so it must be true. :lol:

Here's a crazy idea, listen to the developer of the game when they say it isn't planned for Xbox 360, which they've said many times.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Israphel said:
Another thing that hasn't been mentioned about console titles is that by necessity, they aren't supposed to keep you hooked for that long. Consoles are sold at a loss, manufacturers depend on licensed game sales to make a profit and therefore a game like UT, which has an effective lifespan of years because of it's sophistication in weapons, moves and gameplay, coupled with its support in terms of mods, map packs and community input, has no financial benefit to console makers.
They want to sell lots of games, not just one that people will spend months getting to grips with (lets face it, you can master most console games in a matter of weeks from scratch - in UT you're a noob for at least for first couple of months).
Console games NEED to have a high turnover for the sake of profits, PC games on the other hand have no obligation to the hardware, they just need to cover develpment costs of the game.
Excellent post! :tup:

I would add to the quoted section above that the original UC requires even more "practicing" than UT2003 did, simply because the control scheme is not conducive to a controller. How many UC players can do a boost-jump-flying-combo-in-midair-for-double-kill in UC? I would doubt there is one, however that became somewhat common near the end of 2k3's life.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
chillypacman said:
Because epic have a franchise that already has proven itself in the console world, its called unreal championship.

Too bad they've already announced it would come to the PS3.

I CRiSiS I said:
OK, ok, ok for the stupid ass nubs who dont know and keep on irritating me about ut07 not comming out for the 360 here look at this **** http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox-360/unreal-tournament-2007/692957p1.html damn dumasses, we're not living in the stone age u know...heres something to help out the nubs next time when they dont know whats going on -----------WWW.GOOGLE.COM----!

Before you get all bent out of shape, why don't you GOOGLE an official source that says UT2007 is coming out for Xbox 360? It doesn't exist.

There are a handful of sites that have previews for it based on the demos they've seen for the PS3 and PC. That's an assumption.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Ok so seriously I was gonna make a decent reply but I skipped ahead. I dont really feel in the mood to hear news on xbox gamers and xbox comps in a thread for a ps3/pc game. Perhaps this should be moved to the correct forum as it has nothing to do with 2k7.

Btw respect is earnt!!

Edit: so I took at look at the link and it does infact say xbox 360, pitty theres no backwards compatability for uc2. Anyways Im pretty sure in numerous clips that it was a ps3/pc title and said nothing of the 360 version.

Last edited: