Half Nekked people

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Naked or no?

• Yes plzzzz! Show me teh SKINNN!!!1

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • No thanks, this isn't a swimsuit contest... :\

Votes: 34 47.2%

• Total voters

flo0tz

May 1, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
I mean, c'mon, you've seen selket in that extremely revealing armour, how is that supposed to offer any protection, THEY'RE USING LIVE FIREARMS. I say the most skin that should be shown are arms and head. :mad:

flo0tz

May 1, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
It would seem a little stupid, Malcom and the blazing power heroes loaded up with giant hulking armour plating, and then seeing a practically naked person taking the same amount of damage.

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
I must admit I also prefer a little bit more realism. OK, it`s still not really realistic, but gals like Selket should just be cheerleaders or something...

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
What about a compromise ?

If you pick the near naked models then you get less maximum armour.

ie :
someone like Malcolm would get 100 armour
Naked chick would get 50 (well ... that armoured bra & thong protects something ;))
a juggernaut like Gorge would get 150 armour

Sure, this is 'unreal' but a little bit of reality in the armour-department wouldn't hurt a bit.

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
Under Articstronghold's bridge
Actually less clothing uppers the armor class. The thing is that you brain will dedicate some precessing power on the unconsious level to TEH booty thus making your game coordination skills less effective (female players have been known to use genetics to cheat on this department of game mechanics by ignoring other female nudity).
...but I dont really mind..

So I say yes!, bring more naked women baring weapons normally mounted on battleships to shoot down enemy planes.

A final note about realistic play: Princess leia wore nothing more than her bikini when she killed the super-lizard Jaba-the-hut, and that was REAL footage. Star Wars did happen (long time ago in a galaxy far far away ... you know etc...etc...)

K.N.I.F.E

Dressed in Pink
Jun 4, 2005
In Nathan's base
kevan.org
Don't you know, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS are just like armor becouse they decrease the reaction time of the enemy and offer quick transportation unlike that bulky ugly armor.

BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
As I stated before (similar thread in the UT2003-4 section), I don't believe half naked people* are even slightly realistic. If you want p0rn, just use the internet. There's no reason to include it in the game.

However, I must admit that KNIFE's spoiler is a pretty convincing argument :mwink:

*of course, "people" means "females", here (in case you thought otherwise ;) )

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
"Sex" sells. It always does.

I mean, c'mon, you've seen selket in that extremely revealing armour, how is that supposed to offer any protection, THEY'RE USING LIVE FIREARMS. I say the most skin that should be shown are arms and head

If that comment is for real, it's friggin' hilarious!

Jun 23, 2004
www.jumpinjuggernuts.com
For the sake of realism I think there shouldn't be lots of skin showing. Woman characters can still have big breasts and etc, but there just has to be realistic armor. Big breasts in videogame characters is not a big deal, except for hypersensitive perverts or hypersensitive Oprahshow watchers.

Males like to show dominance though there muscles.(big biceps etc.)

Females in this current pop culture like to show dominance through their curves (big boobs)

If the male characters are exhibiting unreal and godlike physiques not commonly seen in real life, then the females should have curves unreal and godlike which are not commonly or naturally seen in RL.

In UC2 it was ok, that she didn't have armor, because she was a goddess-like badass, just as the men were godlike badasses.

If UT2k7 is going to be about Unreal Warfare and more realistic and less godlike looking models, the women should be decently covered in armor. It shouldn't be overdone to the point of pleasing 1900 aristocrats; there should still be nice curvatures and sexablility about them, but there isn't a need for half nekked characters walking around, unless they are supposed to be goddess-like or have some attribute that justifies them being able to walk around half nekked.

But HAI GUYZ SEX SELLS!!!!

Half nekked girls sure isn't going to stop me or any normal (not hypersensitive) person from buying the game.

*edit*
JaFO said:
Compared to the kind of armour that the UT2k7 Malcolm is showing that spandex-outfit the mercs are wearing qualifies as 'nearly nude' IMHO.

And it is 'nude' as in 'not really wearing any armour that matters'.
It's not 'nude' as in 'OMG I saw a nipple/navel ...'
Just read this and I think it pertains to this thread. Nice point, too.

I'm not against sexy looking characters in the game, but if there is a heavy armor theme in the human race and the female character looks like she is ridiculously unarmored compared to the males of a similar class then it would be inappropiate.

But I think wanting to cover up female characters because of prudeness is just a silly.

Last edited:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Think about it. When you enter the arena you are wearing 0 armor, so why shoud your character have any on? Epic should make it where once you pick up armor in game, that you can see it added on over the player model. This would make it the most realistic you can get for UT IMO.

Last edited: