Bring back 4 teams

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Would you like to see 4 teams return?

• More teams I say!

Votes: 82 85.4%
  • 2 is enough!

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • I still like toast!

Votes: 7 7.3%

• Total voters

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
You can be sure that ONS/CON will be 2 teams for the map, it'd be far too complex and with too high a chance of stalemate to think about it with more teams. But it would be interesting to see the team tactics involved - 'truce' with another and the backhanded trojan tactics involved with it.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
see with size of the con maps being like 3 ons maps it wouldn't be too complicated because at that scale your bound to be only fighting one enemy for one control point at any time whilst in the overall picture of battle more than two teams will stop any one team being too dominant, and allows for two weaker teams to join against one that is too strong
essentially this would make it a more random game than ONS avoiding any stalemates!

Vault

May 29, 2005
couldve sworn is was 1/12 men and not 1/10....... btw, im not colorblind..... now where was my red scarf... oh no i cant find it!

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Bring back the 4-team play!!!! Maybe even implement it into other games as well.

CTF:
Imagine Capture The Flag with four teams. It probably has already been made into a mod. Of course you'd need to get one of each of the other three flags in order to win the game but that would be very interesting.

Assault:
Or Assault? You could have three teams against one team (in a castle). It would be like Braveheart in a way when the English fought against three factions of the Irish/Scottish.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Ryans_Privates said:
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! Bring back the 4-team play!!!! Maybe even implement it into other games as well.

CTF:
Imagine Capture The Flag with four teams. It probably has already been made into a mod. Of course you'd need to get one of each of the other three flags in order to win the game but that would be very interesting.

Assault:
Or Assault? You could have three teams against one team (in a castle). It would be like Braveheart in a way when the English fought against three factions of the Irish/Scottish.
It's all in my sig. :)

Nosnos

Nali
Jan 6, 2003
Stockholm
www.unrealnorth.com
Would be sweet ^^ I hope that they implement a system where you can pick your own colors for teamcolor part of the model... like they have in Warhammer 40k Dawn of War... perhaps it isn't possible though :/

EL BOURIKO

May 24, 2005
I don t know about 4 teams (chaos???) , but 3 teams would spice up some game modes for sure

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
System in 40k: dawn of war would be interesting esp with customisable painting schemes/team symbols. Infact really high customisation of your player model or character creation could work. Depends though, if there were more than two teams their would probably have to be a system to stop any two teams looking the same or similar,

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
Under Articstronghold's bridge
Not having read anything beyond the first post I have this to say:

No more than 1 team needed in ONS. Just turn team damage off by default and let the players rush to the vehicles :)

Most of the time I have trouble remembering my team (it takes me about 10 minutes to realize that I was blue on the last match and now I am red so I better stop firing on red players lol)

My brains capacity is for 2 teams MAX. My humor capacity (as if I have one) is for 4 teams though

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
edhe said:
Where did you get your history/intelligence from, cereal packets?

For your info edhe, cereal packets are the pinnacle of human knowledge. This is where I learned english from (I am now trying with Chineese cereals)

Also replying in two consecutive posts instead of one shows how much my intelect has benefitted from cereal packets

braaaaaiiiii......eh.....ceeeeerreeeeeeaaaalllssss...

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
and as you have all already figured out by now I have nothing better to do at the moment.

If you want to spice up you game experience go 4 mixed gametypes. One team is going 4 the other team's core while the second goes 4 the flag of the other team.

And to be hip to the max, use the number 4 instead of the word for.

Four teams really made the Unreal series in general stand out when it comes to team games, I'd like to see 4-teams in the non-fortress-based gametypes. Also, I don't see why Epic didn't make a Team Last Man Standing in UT2004... seemed sort of unarbitrary to me.

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
That would be like TAM. Which is an awsome mod that allies competition and fun in a fast round by round style.

edit: i know most of u guys know about TAM. i just feel intelligent when i explain things.

Last edited by a moderator:

--Under

Underestimated user
Mar 21, 2004
that would be a good thing to learn since youre a TAM admin. :)

Last edited by a moderator: