Xbox version resources?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
I've been looking at the Unreal2 and XMP (for Windows) uscripts recently, and found that there are a whole lot of differences. Not too surprising, considering the time between the last U2 patch and the XMP release.*

But then I wonder if that's also the case for the Xbox version. Do the two games run on different engine builds? Does Unreal2 still use Golem and XMP use Unreal Mesh?

Does anyone here have an Xbox? Can we somehow get the resources like the Unreal Scripts and Mesh files out of the Xbox Unreal2 disc?

* BTW, the scripts look like XMP was based on a much earlier build of Unreal2 than the release. A lot of the stuff that was added (or commented out) in the Unreal2 release is not there (or not commented out) in the XMP scripts. In some cases it is understandable as XMP doesn't have anything that has to do with AI, except for the deployable turret.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
If it used UMeshes... Then woah.. We could get the Singularity Cannons and Laser Rifles back :D Actually, wonder why they left out the SC, I mean, it would fit as a Redeemer of XMP.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
I'm more interested in getting the AI code and the NPCs... Skaarj, Angels, Ghosts, Marines... if only they could come to XMP, mwahaha!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Or UT2004 ;) Though those guys over UT2C made Skaarj into usual meshes, as well as other classes but they don't appear correctly somehow. Skaarj are OK though.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
well I did get an XBox and Unreal 2 (which is kinda fun...) although I don't have Xbox Live or another Xbox to try XMP with. As for the uscripts, I'm looking into the whole mod thing.

Apparently I got a later version (1.6) of XBox, and I need a mod chip that can work with it. Then I need to install a "dashboard" that has FTP server capability, so I can download the disc contents from the Xbox to a PC connected to the same network...

It's an on-and-off thing for me. But I'd still hope someone already knowledgeable in Xbox modding can do it so I don't have to. :p

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
If you get the Xbox you could port a coop gametype too, there was a team making coop but it was cancelled.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
If I do get the scripts I can take a look...

But "porting" the coop gameplay is probably out of the question. Multiplayer support, whether split screen or network, has to be built into the engine, not something you can find in uscript.

The PC version of Unreal2 has no multiplayer interface, therefore it is next to impossible to add coop without the engine source code.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
No, it does not have multiplayer interface but you can create your own menus which will support that eventually. And it has hidden multiplayer unused gametypes and running server works as well...so

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
...works until someone tries to join, and only Listen servers. I bet there are some serious replication issues. Hopefully after 227 is released, we will get a chance to get Unreal II source and fix multiplayer issues.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Also I have heard from some folks that the XMP maps were fixed, all of them in xbox version, you know there are certain spots or maps where you can slip past the geometry which were not even fixed by the XMP patch, but they are fixed in the Xbox version.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Take it from an expert :D Some of the Xbox version mapholes were fixed, but there are also different mapholes in the Xbox version :lol:

Also, the stock maps for the PC version were already fixed (map names end with "-fix"), but few admins ran them.

Jul 8, 2008
well I did get an XBox and Unreal 2 (which is kinda fun...) although I don't have Xbox Live or another Xbox to try XMP with. As for the uscripts, I'm looking into the whole mod thing.

Apparently I got a later version (1.6) of XBox, and I need a mod chip that can work with it. Then I need to install a "dashboard" that has FTP server capability, so I can download the disc contents from the Xbox to a PC connected to the same network...

It's an on-and-off thing for me. But I'd still hope someone already knowledgeable in Xbox modding can do it so I don't have to. :p

This part is easy, i have all the files if you want them...

The hard part is decompiling the .u files to get the .uc scripts.

I tried wotgreal and UTPT, both gave errors :(

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Wow, really...

I do want those files :) Please upload them somewhere so me or someone can take a crack at it.

I had this idea because I saw some Unreal Championship uscripts already decompiled and available somewhere on the web... I forgot where though.

Jul 8, 2008
Here is the scripts folder, looks like they actually used a different extension of .u2s

Attachments

• Scripts.rar
    378.9 KB · Views: 6

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
That isn't the system file scripts, these scripts are mission specific, I guess Tak was interested in obtaining the real scripts from system files, not cutscene scripts.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Thanks....by the way what about the xmp maps? Some are fixed, would be good to look at these versions if they are compatible with PC. They might be...

By the way I looked in the packages but it seems some are missing, certain packages which are noted in the ini, but perhaps not, howveer I cannot figure out how the coop support is done there, beacuse i cannot find coop gametype, but I have watched unreal 2 xbox coop video (a splitscreen one though) so I know it is there.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2008
Thanks....by the way what about the xmp maps? Some are fixed, would be good to look at these versions if they are compatible with PC. They might be...

By the way I looked in the packages but it seems some are missing, certain packages which are noted in the ini, but perhaps not, howveer I cannot figure out how the coop support is done there, beacuse i cannot find coop gametype, but I have watched unreal 2 xbox coop video (a splitscreen one though) so I know it is there.

Nothing was taken from those files those are exact copies i am sure

EDIT: Here is the full XMP folder from the disk

http://www.adrive.com/public/7e5d6423f30a6c20a6ef2fc85c4c01c49d3ba0bbb075a3d61f783b6f196e429f.html

Last edited:

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Hey thx for the files :)
I'm not sure I can decompile these... But if I can't, hopefully someone else can do that before the files are gone