December XMP nights!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Hi everybody! After a less-than-exciting Novemeber, December had a pretty good start tonight, which shows signs of life again.

XMP never dies; it can always be revived by a teamate ;)

First a reminder the schedule is every Wednesday, 8pm to 10pm EST, Chaptor 1 server. December Wednesdays are:
3, 10, 17, 24, 31
(Yes we will play on x'mas eve and new years eve too!)

Tonight's (Dec 3) players included:
  • Angeldust
  • Tak
  • Leo
  • Yoshiko
  • ZombieWooF
  • Snake
  • Hayabusa
  • togmkn
  • arcturus
  • serk
  • pfk

Maps included:
  • Misty Mountains
  • Sirocco
  • Garden Baseline
  • Sunset Beach Frontline (always a crowd-gatherer)
  • Alcazar Skyline

Well what can I say, I was there mapvoting for all my maps lololol...

We did try playing Garden Sideline, but that map needs to be errr... adjusted, and I will do that soon.

So everyone come and play, we got players again. Altho I have to remind everyone that sometimes you have to be patient. Come early at 8 pm EST, and stay there for a while, at least until 10 pm EST, and the reward is some friggin GGs (sometimes happen early, sometimes late...).

See you next Wednesday!

Attachments

• xmp081203.JPG
    xmp081203.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 29

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
sorry i've been forgetting, with all these new games out and women to conquer, it makes it hard to remember. Anyone playing left 4 dead? Add me to you steam list

either noahtaylor
or [pet]snake

PETsnake

www.p3t.org bitch
Feb 25, 2004
sorry i've been forgetting, with all these new games out and women to conquer, it makes it hard to remember. Anyone playing left 4 dead? Add me to you steam list

either noahtaylor
or [pet]snake

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Sorry guys I totally forgot it was Wednesday last nite... Came back from a 3-day ski trip Monday night, so my day-of-week counting was a bit off... (it's already Thursday today Tak!)

Also I forgot to report on last week's games (Dec 10). So here's the screen shots (attached) and what happened:

Players:
  • idiot
  • Tak
  • ZombieWooF
  • pfk
  • SmotPoker
  • Snake (Sodom?)
  • crow (striker, pain, Gaybot)
  • ent
  • Jackal
  • Asta
  • CanadianBacon
  • ... and probably more I didn't capture on screenshots

Maps I played in order:
  • RGB
  • Sirocco
  • Lowlands
  • Alcazar Skyline
  • Kaminari
  • Naularn
  • Nakoja
  • Derby
  • Garden Sideline
  • RGB
  • Misty Mountains
  • ... and possibly others I wasn't there to play

So it was pretty good. Wonder how it was yesterday tho. Anyone played yesterday?

Anyway, I'll see you on X'mas Eve!

Attachments

• xmp081210.JPG
    xmp081210.JPG
    419.5 KB · Views: 14

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
I got my celly (housemate) setup and playing on the same line. Trippy to see another view at the same time in game. There were some good matches. Too bad most people I know are Mac heads. There would be several more.

Ho, How is it you are so fukking fast. I know I'm not slow (a bit thick perhaps) I mean like I'm a ripping fast guitar/violin fiend (although I tend to concentrate on acoustic/classical/fingerstyle) Anyway..., I can produce rapid finger movement as fast as anybody yet in XMP, I go to try and hit, even lead to hit some of you guys, and a phemtosecond before I hit the trigger, you jump forty feet in the air behind me and put 2 caps in my ass dead with yer pistol. Is it my ping, movement binds, hax, or are you Steve Fukking Vai?

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I've been told i am just a fast ****er but you are probbaly not timing the shots right. Instead of always aiming for me right away, try timing my movement down so when you shoot you know exactly when to shoot me If i am having problems i try doing that and it works better. Then again i find rangers the hardest class to aim at because they are paper thin. It's also a server problem, Many, many MANY of my misses would be hits if the servers knew what hit detection really is, XMP is more luck then skill it seems like. Unless you're crazy aim (I slack off, if i know i am missing if im feeling not lazy i will adjust my aim mid combat, or else i will go with it not caring that i am missing) and fast as hell fingers i am average finger speed unless i am high on addrenaline, then i am crazy fast).

I still need to make an XMP video, one day i will buy what Tak has and make a video of myself, then slap it on my youtube account. I have a bad video of me playing on UTXMP on my xfire, it as lagging like hell from using fraps.

Last edited:

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Oh yeah haha I haven't made videos lately... I still have a really old one from maybe end of Oct that I haven't uploaded to YouTube.

Actually I recently bought an old XBox (hopefully get around to hack it and download the UScript of Unreal2 Xbox one day...) So I disconnected my V-mate (the MP4 video recorder) from the TV. But if people are still interested in seeing my weekly suckage in motion, I can hook it back up :)

BTW my integrated Ati graphics can only do TV-out or monitor, not both at the same time, that's why I need to play thru TV-out while recording - what you see on youtube is what I get in real time :(

WS.6

Nov 21, 2008
Sorry guys I totally forgot it was Wednesday last nite... Came back from a 3-day ski trip Monday night, so my day-of-week counting was a bit off... (it's already Thursday today Tak!)

Also I forgot to report on last week's games (Dec 10). So here's the screen shots (attached) and what happened:

Players:
idiot
Tak
ZombieWooF
pfk
SmotPoker
Snake (Sodom?)
crow (striker, pain, Gaybot) What does this mean? fix it
Jackal
Asta
CanadianBacon
... and probably more I didn't capture on screenshots

Maps I played in order:
RGB
Sirocco
Lowlands
Alcazar Skyline
Kaminari
Naularn
Nakoja
Derby
Garden Sideline
RGB
Misty Mountains
... and possibly others I wasn't there to play

So it was pretty good. Wonder how it was yesterday tho. Anyone played yesterday?

Anyway, I'll see you on X'mas Eve!

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
It means I am suspecting they are the same player... I list the name that the player uses the most (or most known as), and in brackets the names I think he switched to during the game.

I use very simple methods to make these guesses, such as presence (not being there at the same time), ping, play style, etc. And in some cases the player disclaims it himself (CanadianBacon is ho) or I simply catch him switching name during the game (by watching scoreboard or messages).

If I made a mistake, which is entirely possible, please correct it :) Were you one of those names I put under "crow"?

Now thx for bumping the thread... I think we need a new one! lol

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
There are few cheaters, who probably don't use that much of cheats when there is wednesday nights, but use speedfiring boost cheats and aimbots etc, it was even too clear the other day i played alone and there's nothing to do with it, I guess many can agree me who have seen it.
I don't mind though and play with them but sometimes its too irritating if they maximize potential of their cheats especially when there are little count of plyers normally, i mean these cheaters scare away the new guys that come in game (there were several but they sadly left beacuse of disgust over it) and I play the game not only on wednesday nights, in fact lately i played it at other days and it was still populated a lot.

I mean you cheaters out there: think about it, you are actually hurting the game, if you exceed it.

Last edited: