November XMP nights!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Schedule for November:
Wednesdays at 8pm EST - Chapter One server

I usually stay for 2 to 3 hours, depending on the turn out. So come early guys!

I will start posting screenshots again (if I remember to take them). As well as videos on YouTube. Stay tuned. And see you in game!

Mar 6, 2004
It's getting a bit boring if you ask me, i'm usually finding something else to do. XMP is no fun with 3-6 people at all.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
In terms of strategies, I think XMP gametype is fun once you get 4 people; all the strategies are possible once you have 2 people on each team.

However most maps are simply too large. So I try to make the original maps work with 4 people with my modifications.

2 to 3 people is more like duel though.

Besides, we do get 10 people once in a while on Wednesday. (BTW I don't think they ever got 10 in UTXMP...) So anyway I would keep coming, and I hope more people agree.

Rymosrac

Nov 6, 2008
Okay, lurkfest over.

Man, you guys just HAD to do it on wednesdays. You'd have another regular if I didn't have fencing those nights. Hope I can get in on the action in future months.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Don't blame us... It's all Toky's fault (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=178666).

Besides, XMP > fencing. Why poke someone with a floppy stick when instead you could be gutblowing someone? :D (just kidding, no offense to fencing...)

But seriously, if changing the day of week can get a lot more players, we should. It's just really hard to know what is the best day. At the moment it stays on Wednesday because it has worked in the past and because it's been like that for a few months some players expect the games on Wednesdays (altho they don't come every week). So I would not suggest changing it now unless a lot of players (like 10 or so) want it. Sorry :(

Mar 6, 2004
I am doubting that is the real Toky. He came for 1 match and has not been back since and he was all "i watch http://ms.aybab2u.com/ several times a day and nobody is ever on and been wanting to play this game for ages" along those lines.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Changing the day wouldn't get me playing, but changing the time to euro-based really could :) Also, weekends should get more players than weekdays.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I've got broken computer (power supply) and I am using laptop now only..so I can't play since I don't have it installed here.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Well, get it and install it! :)
Aida: Something else has been bothering me. You could have U2XMP installed on your laptop. In fact, you *should* have. Why did you smuggle it out and drop it? You even liked the game.
Maybe not a direct quote, but to the point ;)

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Actually people seem to have "better" things to do on weekends (altho that cannot be true given that XMP is better than anything). So again we fall back to Wednesdays.

The players coming to play are usually in USA or Canada, so the same players prolly won't go if we set a Euro time, even on weekends. So you'd either need to gather a totally different crowd for Euro timezones, or just hang out with us at our time :p

Mar 6, 2004
Actually people seem to have "better" things to do on weekends (altho that cannot be true given that XMP is better than anything). So again we fall back to Wednesdays.

The players coming to play are usually in USA or Canada, so the same players prolly won't go if we set a Euro time, even on weekends. So you'd either need to gather a totally different crowd for Euro timezones, or just hang out with us at our time :p

Life > XMP

XMP is getting overrated when people say nothing is better to do then play XMP.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Cool, another player :D

btw, my Life < XMP... which I think is normal :p I don't get to do anything in Life that is more exciting than a good arti run, nor do I have a rocket launcher. If I had to compare it to a game, I would say it's like GTA - about 80% of the time it's friggin boring.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Well, get it and install it! :)

Maybe not a direct quote, but to the point ;)

I am lazy to do all the settings and loads of downloaded maps and cache, it would be all lost and I like playing on my normal keyboard, this laptop keyboard is very different to play and I am not used to play xmp with it.....
So I will have to wait until I get my computer to repair...