Batman dies in the new movie. Your thoughts?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
I think people who want to have certain types of guns and weaponry (automatics, grenades) as well as armor, should be required to undergo mental health evaluations first.

I also think they should disallow or tighten down gun shows and the like.

I think people who want to have certain types of guns and weaponry (automatics, grenades) as well as armor, should be required to undergo mental health evaluations first.

I also think they should disallow or tighten down gun shows and the like.

I don't think we can build an asylum big enough for all law enforcement and military personnel in the country who would qualify.

Best we could do is to start putting up fences around all the rectangle states now, and help Texas finish up that fence they been working on, by wrapping it around the entire state.

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
Ah yes, the "More CCW shining knights in the making" versus "BAN ALL GUNS"..
Neither of which work in the long run.

Fact is, guns are a dime a dozen in America.
If you somehow can't get a gun from legitimate stores (and let's face it, they are lenient), there's a mindbogglingly large, if highly unorganized black market to turn to.
Nevermind the already large amount of functional weaponry in the general public's possession - a common target for theft.

And besides, while a kitchen knife isn't much against a gun, it's still a dangerous tool when in the wrong hands.
And even still, that's only fighting a symptom, and not the cause to violence.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/JfRss.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Check out this goof ass. I betcha he doesn't get executed and just sits in prison for the rest of his life while our tax dollars take care of his food, entertainment, ect. He going to live the high life son.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
I caught the court hearing live on TV. The guy looked like he didn't know where he was and had random emotions going through his mind based on his facial expressions. Half of the time he looked like he was falling asleep. He was either tortured a lot over the past few days and had zero sleep or he is so psychotic that anyone that saw him in this condition and didn't report him should have to go to jail too. It was hard to tell, but he definitely was a long ways from normal.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
what do you mean "something like this?"

are you surprised?

I betcha he doesn't get executed and just sits in prison for the rest of his life while our tax dollars take care of his food, entertainment, ect. He going to live the high life son.
I'd rather he not be executed.
the death penalty is stupid anyhow.

it's obviously not a deterrent because we've been executing people for murder for thousands of years... and people still murder.
it's obviously not a punishment; death is the easy way out.
it's obviously not a resolution for the victims; they're still dead and they ain't comin' back.

I would much rather that people like this are just automatically given life without the possibility for parole. federal prison is not "the high life." shit food, shit entertainment, shit cell with a shit bed, and shit neighbors who wants to fuck and stab you in the shower. having to live in those conditions - under constant fear and anxiety with irreconcilable feelings of guilt - until you slowly waste away and die all alone is a much greater punishment than the death penalty can ever be.

He was either tortured a lot over the past few days and had zero sleep or he is so psychotic that anyone that saw him in this condition and didn't report him should have to go to jail too. It was hard to tell, but he definitely was a long ways from normal.
I think this is an unfair analysis.

the guy just looked tired.
everyone's clamoring about "OMG HE'S SO CHILLING AND PSYCHOTIC."

no.
he's tired as fuck and bored. I don't blame him.

you know he's barely gotten a wink of sleep since Thursday night and he knows that the initial court hearing is little more than a bunch of standard procedure crap that he doesn't really need to listen to. and he probably doesn't care. so he was nodding off. big deal.

also I'm sure that he didn't look that way in the weeks prior to the crime.
his hair was not dyed, for one. and from all the student/administrator accounts (people who knew him while he was enrolled in that Neuroscience program) he was a bright and intelligent young man albeit a little shy.

I sincerely doubt that he was walking around looking as disheveled as he did this morning for all the weeks leading up the crime.
he probably looked completely normal most of the time.

Last edited:

Luv_Studd

Aug 17, 1999
VT
Visit site
I don't think we can build an asylum big enough for all law enforcement and military personnel in the country who would qualify.

Best we could do is to start putting up fences around all the rectangle states now, and help Texas finish up that fence they been working on, by wrapping it around the entire state.

Exceptions to military and certain law enforcement, of course.

So, wanting a military or automatic assault rifle as a civilian would require passing a mental health screening... why is that so difficult to imagine?:rolleyes:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com

:rolleyes: ... bigotry at its finest huh? :/ How about we just build a fence around you and save time and money.

The supposed proclivity of Texans to carry guns (largely exaggerated, though I myself used to have a concealed handgun lic. and was all for the proposed open carry law) certainly makes would be criminals a bit more hesitant.

People who won't follow existing laws are very unlikely to obey even stricter laws.

what do you mean "something like this?"

are you surprised?

I'd rather he not be executed.
the death penalty is stupid anyhow.

it's obviously not a deterrent because we've been executing people for murder for thousands of years... and people still murder.
it's obviously not a punishment; death is the easy way out.
it's obviously not a resolution for the victims; they're still dead and they ain't comin' back.

I would much rather that people like this are just automatically given life without the possibility for parole. federal prison is not "the high life." shit food, shit entertainment, shit cell with a shit bed, and shit neighbors who wants to fuck and stab you in the shower. having to live in those conditions - under constant fear and anxiety with irreconcilable feelings of guilt - until you slowly waste away and die all alone is a much greater punishment than the death penalty can ever be.

I think this is an unfair analysis.

the guy just looked tired.
everyone's clamoring about "OMG HE'S SO CHILLING AND PSYCHOTIC."

no.
he's tired as fuck and bored. I don't blame him.

you know he's barely gotten a wink of sleep since Thursday night and he knows that the initial court hearing is little more than a bunch of standard procedure crap that he doesn't really need to listen to. and he probably doesn't care. so he was nodding off. big deal.

also I'm sure that he didn't look that way in the weeks prior to the crime.
his hair was not dyed, for one. and from all the student/administrator accounts (people who knew him while he was enrolled in that Neuroscience program) he was a bright and intelligent young man albeit a little shy.

I sincerely doubt that he was walking around looking as disheveled as he did this morning for all the weeks leading up the crime.
he probably looked completely normal most of the time.

So by your logic if somebody does something horrible to others we should make them a burden on society and keep them in mental anguish for the rest of there life?

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011

I've never understood this. What does it solve to make him suffer indefinitely? Who is benefitting? It seems to me that the whole idea of life imprisonment is motivated by a primitive, beastly craving for biblical vengeance.

If he's really a threat, why not shoot him on sight? The judicial theatrics seem cowardly and insincere.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
[GU]elmur_fud;2568248 said:
So by your logic if somebody does something horrible to others we should make them a burden on society and keep them in mental anguish for the rest of there life?
well first of all, they wouldn't be a burden if we would drastically reform the prison and legal system. they would balance out very nicely if we took everyone who is already in jail for non-violent drug possession and turned them free.

but yes.
the death penalty is useless.

it costs the state extra to prosecute someone for the death penalty and then they still spend (on average) about 25 years JUST WAITING for appeals and shit to run their course before they ever get around to being executed. so they're already a huge burden. it's not like they get sentenced and walked out to the hangman's noose the next day.

the death penalty takes forever as it is.
I'd rather they just suffer within their own mind while wasting away on government-made bread and corn while fearing the safety of their asshole.

I've never understood this. What does it solve to make him suffer indefinitely? Who is benefitting? It seems to me that the whole idea of life imprisonment is motivated by a primitive, beastly craving for biblical vengeance.
I've never understood this.

what does it solve to execute him about 25 years after the fact?
who is benefiting?

it seems to me that the whole idea of capital punishment is motivated by a primitive, barbaric need for biblical vengeance; an eye for an eye.

...see how that works? :p

If he's really a threat, why not shoot him on sight?
unfortunately he wasn't a threat once police arrived on site.

he was standing by his car and surrendered without incident.

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
what does it solve to execute him about 25 years after the fact?

Nothing, thus my recommendation to shoot him on sight.

it seems to me that the whole idea of capital punishment is motivated by a primitive, barbaric need for biblical vengeance; an eye for an eye.

No. Is he a threat? If so, shoot him. This isn't vengeance, it's self-defense.

unfortunately he wasn't a threat once police arrived on site.

If he truly isn't a threat then let him go, close this thread and forget about the whole thing. If you think that's not a safe idea (i.e. your previous assessment was incorrect and he actually is a threat) then shoot him.

What I find worst about life sentences is not the empty desire for people to suffer, which is thoroughly reprehensible in itself. It's the cowardice that I can't stand. If he needs to die, kill him. Don't stand about wringing your hands and sucking your thumb hoping he'll die on his own so you don't have to do it.

Last edited:

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006

No. Is he a threat? If so, shoot him. This isn't vengeance, it's self-defense.

If he truly isn't a threat then let him go, close this thread and forget about the whole thing. If you think that's not a safe idea (i.e. your previous assessment was incorrect and he actually is a threat) then shoot him.

What I find worst about life sentences is not the empty desire for people to suffer, which is thoroughly reprehensible in itself. It's the cowardice that I can't stand. If he needs to die, kill him. Don't stand about wringing your hands and sucking your thumb hoping he'll die on his own so you don't have to do it.

cant-tell-if-stupid-or-trolling.jpg

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?

Is he a threat? If so, shoot him. This isn't vengeance, it's self-defense.
oh.

well now you're talking about street justice.
I was talking about capital punishment.

apples, oranges.
I'm all for street justice. but if the street doesn't sort it out and the perp happens to enter the legal system, then the death penalty is a useless punishment.

ok you lost me.

1.) the desire for someone to suffer isn't empty, it's based on the recognition of reality. death is the easy way out and someone who has caused such harm merits nothing more than to live in suffering because they don't deserve the easy way out. if I was wishing for someone to suffer who didn't deserve suffering then I suppose my wish would be empty. but this isn't the case.

2.) cowardice?
look, I didn't join the police because I'm afraid of putting down bad guys. I didn't join the police because that's a shit job with shit pay. and we have plenty of people who need those jobs (read: plenty of people who never graduated college). it's the same reason I didn't join the Army. cowardice? no, I'm just too smart for that crap.

and you are too.
don't be a hypocrite. I know you're not about to volunteer your ass to put down criminals on a firing squad :p

3.) "If he needs to die, kill him"
who said he needs to die? he needs to be punished. death is no punishment.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
How is the death penalty useless if someone deserves it? I get the argument that they stay in the system forever and that certainly is useless, but I think someone being killed for killing a bunch of people is fair. It's not necessarily meant to stop people from murdering, it's exacting a fair judgement on someone who has taken other lives.