Presenting a fun and fast paced new INF league!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
I agree with you 100% keg but I want people to have a league where they get what they want. I dont want another ILCR. Although fun, I want this to be different.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Keganator said:
3v3 is the smallest number of people that you can have a decent game of DTAS. The old DTAS restricted games to 3v3 for that very reason.
I dunno what yer smokin' but I specifically remember doing that because having the round end with a single death is kinda lame. The < 2 death was added because I felt the attackers had the advantage using attrition-style tactics and I wanted to discourage it.
Because of the relative size of Infiltration maps, if you want to have *any* chance at being stealthy, you want to minimize the possible number of contacts in each game. Thus, 3 on a side would satisfy this condition. So, instead of combat being a slugfest between two sides, it would become more of a stealthy search and destroy/hide and capture fight.
We will never have anything resembling a true stealth because both teams are expecting contact at all times. The additon of two players does not change this, nor does it somehow prevent other players from 'using stealth'.
Besides, with the exceedingly poor situational awareness the inf player has, it's not like stealth is hard.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Just an idea I had in mind:

It would reduce the competition aspect of the league but might make it more enjoyable for a greater variety.

You could just defined the "Default set" of the game but leave it open to the opposing teams to agree on mostly anything non standard.

For example things like "reduced weaponset", "different gamemode", "larger teamsize", "weapons for teamsize tradeoff" (i.e. 2 vs 4 while the larger team is pistol only). So assuming your opponent is alright, you could play i.e. "pistol only foxhunt", TDM or 4 vs 4 EAS on the EAS maps in the map-pool.

All teams would define what kind of changes they are interested (shown in a table), to see wether it makes sence to even start negotiations. One team can always insist on default settings. I don't know how many teams would be interested but it would be a way to give it more variety and to give a motivation to teams who would dropout otherwise.

It would require a rather simple score system to make the different approaches possible.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
Nukeproof said:
Just an idea I had in mind:

It would reduce the competition aspect of the league but might make it more enjoyable for a greater variety.

You could just defined the "Default set" of the game but leave it open to the opposing teams to agree on mostly anything non standard.

yeah. as long as the teams agree on the rules or settings, they do whatever they want (knife only) (slow bullets+ evil m2hb + low gravity :D )

its simple.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Perhaps. If you and whoever your opponents are wishes. When I present the scoring system you will understand how open this is for everyone.