Monsterhunt mayhem: The good, the bad and the ugly

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
0_0 people don't read my posts I guess.
Ok, once again. On the top of the japanese site there's a link to the english version...

It's more engrish than english, but it'll do don't worry.

Last edited:

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
I can read, and sometimes that link doesn't work. I know the creator of that site, I emailed him about the mutator UTJMH; becuase I didn't want the noobs features in it (Health spawns, regeneration, ammo regeneration), just the announcer. (Double kill, multi kill, ect...)

Anyway, after trying the link twice I got it to work; but I didn't find anything useful. They need to just stick with japanese.

Thanks.

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
Yea, I went to it.

I haven't played with my server or played on it in a while, so I don't remember which are new, and which aren't. :-\

In a little while I am gonna download all the maps off my server, and start sorting them out with their correct textures and what not.

We need a good monster hunt site, in English, for information/news about Monster Hunt.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!

I`m a bit of a baby though... but if you`re willing to hold my hand a little I`m sure I can give a quality map(or idea) every month or so.... At any rate I`d love to help out, so go ahead and add one drone to your army :p

And just what is your server name/address btw?

Skillz said:
Hey guys,

I run a MH server myself. Though I NEVER play on it. Unless I just so happen to see that the noobs that play in the server, just so happen to accidenlty choose one of the better maps mentioned above. Other than that, I just leave the server running becasue "noobs?" like it. *shrugs*

I have been so busy as of late, so I haven't had time to do much of anything; including keeping up with the UT/MH scene. So can someone point me in the right direction to get all the new maps? Whether they are good or bad, I can careless; I am sure the noobs will like it either way.

On another note. I read somewhere, someone said something about making your own map, but then someone saying they don't have enough time? Also someone about a book author?

Why don't we create a small team of mappers, even if you don't know how to map; it's not that hard to learn. Just get with me and I can locate some really good tutorials. Even if we put out a good map every month or two months. It will still be worth it!

I have plenty of web space, so keeping a up to date vertsion of the map won't be a problem; just so long as we keep uploading what we have done to the server frequently. Other details will have to be worked out. If anyone is interested let me know.

-Skillz

And as far as what maps to put on your server:

Gekouju
Crystal Reactor
TGES1-whatever
Default maps that come with dling MH

A few more that I can`t remember...

Maybe Assassination, Skyland1... Eh, not sure...

Obviously it`s not my server, but I will say that haveing a proper no BullShi MH server would be very cool.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Hurry

I haven't played MonsterHunt in a while but I do like it. I hope some folks make some new maps. I'd think they flock to making these kinds of maps above all others because these require the most thought and creativity of any UT game type. Hurry up and make some maps. Then hurry up and put them ALL in one spot where we can get them. Right now I have 78 MH maps. Yes many, many of them SUK! Some are fun enough to carry the game. Real achievable mission type maps are the best. I hate fighting giant anythings. Monsters should be placed properly in maps. blah blah blah. I'm not a mapper, just a complainer. Still, hurry and make some maps! Let's play. MH rules.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Lol btw I made a mistake. I think I got at least 20 map which are worth saving.
Well, there are several versions of the TGES maps :)

Can anyone tell me what to do in ATAA-2? You know, the one with all the respawning skaarj.
I think you're supposed to shoot the crystals (where the behemoths spawn), but nothing really happens.(or maybe i'm not patient enough. Hell it's been a while I played this one) A tad confusing that map 0_0
ATAA1 is better 0_-

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Hey

Hi Skillz! I think you are right about that map not being finished. I read somewhere, a long time ago that someone else had opened the editor, found out what was wrong and fixed their version of it. Don't ask where I saw that it was way too long ago. I will install MH on my system tonight. It's been off for a while now. Hope I can rememebr how.

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
NeoNite said:
Monsterhunt is the mod itself, and UTJMH is a japanese monsterhunt mutator.

It seems like you can only download UTJMH 2.1 now?
I mean, i've looked for links to dl the later versions but no luck so far.

It's just a mutator which enhances the gameplay. -> Recharging ammo, health regenerates (you can easily configure everything in an .ini file).
There's also the "strongmonster" part, which gives the monsters more health and nastier projectiles I guess. The brutes no longer shoot their typical lame rockets, but ... ut projectiles. Such as ut_rockets, pulse projectiles etc...

On more challenging maps like "the great escape" you can play without the "strongmonster" part. It's still fun. It won't get boring. But on other maps you'd better include "strongmonster". Otherwise the challenge will dissapear and you'll end up playing awefully easy maps.
Up to you.

So remember: You can download UTJMH 2.1

Click the link, you end up at the japanese site. Top of the site it says: english version here.
Click it. A new window opens redirecting you to the enlighs excite site. (be patient.)
At the top of the new page you'll see the different UTJMH versions. Go for the 2.1 version.

You can also download the UTJMH mutator from a server BUT.. you'll end up getting nothing else but the .u file. You won't be able to run a server with the mutator.

I'll also include a link to a site where you can download the mod itself.

Ok I FINALLY downloaden and installed version 2.1 :)

but there are 2 small mutators you can activate, but I dont hear the sounds of: double kill ludicrous kill and holy shiit on both mutators :(

Its the only reason I want it, So cant it hurt to turn off all the other options in the INI or are there some things I shoulnt touch? :(

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Are you sure all files are in the right folders?
You'll definitely need the .int file, otherwise the mutator won't work I guess.

UTJmh mutator

Oh yeah you probablydon't have an uax file? Although the UTjmh21zip should have UTJMHsnd19.uax included I guess..
Maybe you forgot putting it in the sound dir?

The ini file needs to be placed in the system dir btw.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
"Yamero" is fun :D

You'll hear it when you'll get Yarisugi!

Try MH-ATAA0 !!
There are tons and tons of pupae waiting to be blown to bits and pieces!
Instant yarisugi hehe :D