Timesplitters 4 has been cancelled, all hope for FPS genre completely dead

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Hard Reset and SS3 aren't happy 'bout this

It wouldn't have probably saved the FPS genre at all.

Last edited:

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
atm i just want armed assault 3.
FPS used to be my fave subgenre...
but then again ive also kinda lost interest in gaming in general.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Who says it was cancelled? It was never really announced in the first place. Well, besides before FRD got shut down.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
As far as I'm concerned modern, single-player FPS = Bioshock.

At least FPS that works and is entertaining to play.

Please don't go on about UT there hasn't been a new one in years; at least one worth playing for any length of time.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond

Please don't go on about UT there hasn't been a new one in years; at least one worth playing for any length of time.
I wouldn't have mentioned UT even if there has been a recent release of one as UT is almost all about multiplayer.

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
As has already been said, Free Radical has been absorbed. Timesplitters would have been a perfect launch title for the new generation, but I dont think anyone saw that happening. There hasn't been an announcement on a new TS4...until now...that its not under development

Its kind of strage. A few months back I started googling for information on what the hell happened the the TS series and found out what has been stated.

With that said, I wouldnt be surprised if the TS IP gets some much needed dev time. If Crytek's only intentions of grabbing Free Radical was to absorb the talent, they're wasting a good IP.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site

bioshock sucks, what a massive disappointment that was goddamn.

i should actually start up ss3 one of these days i only bought it during a steam sale....

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I was really hoping for more monkeys in my FPS games. I was really, really hoping for that, and a gun that launched monkeys.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I find myself agreeing with yours.

Speaking of FPS I'm back into Borderlands at the moment. Also good fun but Bioshock was unique.
Can't complain about that, Borderlands is easily one of my top ten games of the last decade.