UT2007: More things Epic needs to do right.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Selerox said:
Agreed. It did the job of the old SR - but better - and had more character than most of the weapons in the game. I hate having to play against the ltg, but I can definitely say that it's a nice weapon.

I'm pretty apalled that Epic have seen fit to (so far at least), remove it. I think >95% of UT200x fans want it over the SR, and I'm pretty sure that a lot of UT99 fans wouldn't mind it.

It's kind of funny, because when UT2kx came out 95% of players hated the LG (including me), but now most of us love it. I think mainly because it's so awesome when used with the Amp. I love those one shot one kills :p.

BadAss84

BadAss[zero]
May 21, 2003
UK
Selerox said:
Keep vehicles the **** out of stock CTF. Make extra maps for vCTF, but if >10% of the overall CTF maps have vehicles in, I'll be seriously, seriously ****ed off. Ideally vCTF should be a seperate gametype completely and not even touch on traditional CTF. It may have flags, but it's an utterly different gametype.

Also, wtf are you on about for the Link primary? It's an utterly useless weapon mode right now, surely it should be made more useful (note that I don't nessesarily mean more powerful). If you drop the power, it'll be a non-weapon for anything other than ONS. You may as well remove it from the game completely and just make it ONS-only :tdown:

As for the sniper rifle? Dump it. Replace with the Lightning Gun, just like virtually everyone wants.

:tup: :tup: :tup:

I agree.

stas

Oct 18, 2005
Oh i forgot another thing no vehicule hitBOX? plx...With the raptor in 2k4 when u shoot between the wings it hits him and its for all vehikalz

Purr!!

Cat
Feb 4, 2006
UT99 sniper is ridiculous. Cat says no to that sniper, but the 2k sniper is a bit too bad. Cat says make a new and well balanced sniper.

I was just thinking how could you limit accuracy while not turning this into CS... well here's the result of my thoughts.

Make all weapons sway a little in a predictable and not too fast manner on the x axis, when your vector velocity exceeds the standard running vector velocity. This should leave the aiming untouched except when in mid dodge or fall *if you jump up and down, i assume you would not loose accuracy, but if you jump up and down and run forward, i assume that your vector velocity would be greater than just running forwards vector velocity, and so aim would be affected*.

I also propose that at dodge speed, this sway should be the width betweeen these characters at 1024x768 resolution -> | | for accuracy weapons, and double that for other weapons . (assuming dodge speed = 2x running) other speeds should keep proportionality.

But most importantly i propose that AIMING ACCURATLY WHILE DODGING SHOULD STILL BE AN ATTAINABLE SKILL... just more difficult.

Oh and no again to 6 rockets... any one who's been killed on 199 hp and 150 shield by some lucky **** with 6 rockets will vouch for that no.

No to redeemers as well... unless you make them move a little slower, or place more stuff to hide behind in the levels, and don't you dare make it go through stuff like walls and crates as i heard some one say, that combined with shooting them down was the only thing that saved me from thousands of deemer attacks on deck.

Make it so that you can't do a combo so quickly, this should make attemted standing combos and forward running combos virtual suicide.

Last edited:

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Purr!! said:
Oh and no again to 6 rockets... any one who's been killed on 199 hp and 150 shield by some lucky **** with 6 rockets will vouch for that no.

But you had to be lucky to get that, you couldn't charge and hold those 6 rockets like you can with the Bio Rifle's alt fire.

No to redeemers as well... unless you make them move a little slower, or place more stuff to hide behind in the levels, and don't you dare make it go through stuff like walls and crates as i heard some one say, that combined with shooting them down was the only thing that saved me from thousands of deemer attacks on deck.

I agree that the blast shouldn't go through scenery, but the Redeemer is fine as it is, even if it was regulated to 1 nuke from UT'99, it has good speed and manoverablity and shouldn't be touched.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Brizz said:
Well, I for one might be ready and willing to mod the sucker back in if an enterprising model creator were to assist me.

/me raises hand

If there's no LtG, and people want it back, I'd be happy to model a badass replacement for it :) Hell, if the Cannister sucks balls, I'll model a Bio Rifle too if you want.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
JailBreak won't be a stock gametype and everyone knows it. Jailbreak got it's own style and epic will come up with their own idea. Huh, like the Scorpion for example, the scorpion is kinda "useless" in ut2004 except against manta sometimes, when you see a tank all you do is try to get out of the scorpion and hide, now the scoprion is a "eject and boom" vehicle. So instead of wasting your scorpion in the middle of nowhere it end up on the enemy tank.

Agent_5

Replica?
Jan 24, 2004
UT
Dark Pulse said:
AVRiL: Fine as it is, I think. It's not too powerful, it can be avoided, and as such it should stay just how it is.
my only minor complaint about the avril is that it can be hard to tell what you're locked on to when there's a tight cluster of enemy vehicles. While it might not be necessary, an indicator telling what exactly you're locked on to and a way to cycle through targets that are around the players crosshair (by using the mousewheel with the rmb pressed) would be a nice touch.

Rk.

Sleezy bastard.
Nov 18, 2005
Candyland.
TBH, the avril could be a little less oversized but still feel a little more powerful, since it deals so freaken much damage.

Persefone

Ms God!
Jun 2, 2005
Radiosity said:
/me raises hand

If there's no LtG, and people want it back, I'd be happy to model a badass replacement for it :) Hell, if the Cannister sucks balls, I'll model a Bio Rifle too if you want.
When you finish, you can start modelling the Ripper and later I shall give you more homeworks...