UE2 - UT2kX Teleporter that forces player's yaw

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2kxPartyBoy

Third world user
Jul 13, 2008
Pergamino
pabloperugino.com
Hi everybody . . .

I'm working on a map and I have encountered a problem that is quite annoying . . .

(Already asked this in Epic Games with no luck)

If you clicked on the link you will have seen that the map is a port of Wicked, a Quake Live map, it has 2 teleporters, to one of them you can enter from any direction and the other can only be entered from one direction because it is against a wall (like most) . . .

The problem that I have encountered is that in Quake Live, at exit, teleporters forces the players yaw to the direction that the teleporter is facing, no matter the direction you are looking at when you enter them, I CAN'T reproduce this effect because in UT2004 the player is not affected by the teleporter rotation and I can't find any option in the properties that forces this, thus, entering the first teleporter in the right direction leaves you facing the wall in the second teleporter, akward . . .

(bChangeYaw is not what I'm looking for, it only changes 180º the direction you are facing, only reverses the problem) . . .

I'm missing something ? . . .

I would really appreciate If you can enlighten me . . .

Last edited: