It Wont Launch!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trancewave

Mar 17, 2004
GAAAAAHHHHH!!! I am about to nuke this damn CD-ROM cuz it won't freakin work. It installed with no problems, but when I click on the shortcut or exe, it won't launch the game. I updated my video card drivers and sound card drivers and tried closing out all background applications and it STILL didn't work. The troubleshooting doesn't show any other solutions and I REALLY need help before I go berserk...

by the way, I got the Special Edition and thought it was the DVD drive, so we returned it for the regular version. I uninstalled then reinstalled and it is still messing with me. I really need help with this. I searched the forums but couldnt find a topic about this. If there was then someone redirect me.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
This is a very common problem, it has to do with the secuROM protection settings. you'll need a no-cd crack to play. Nice going Epic. :tdown:

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
/rant mode ON

When are publishers going to wake up and realize that Macrovision Securom does nothing but hassle the legitamite customers?

The warez release of UT2K4 happened on the same day it began shipping, i.e. it was out before customers had it. The warez monkeyz don't have any problems with getting around securom. It does nothing to prevent piracy.

The only thing I've ever seen securom do is give the paying customer problems.

/rant mode OFF

:)

Trancewave

Mar 17, 2004
Alright I got the no-CD crack and its working fine now. Thanks for the help. I do agree though, its pretty pathetic we have to resort to this merely to get the game to work...