UE3 - UT3 Crashing when opening Generic Browser packages - reinstall does not help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Corpseprince

Apr 23, 2012
Hey guys,

So i've been getting this for the past few days, that when i am working on a map for UT3 and I want to open a package in the Generic Browser, it says

Unreal Editor 3 has stopped working

Reinstall didn't help, although i noticed that when i start the editor now i get a different banner (now you see Reaper, at first it was a huge construct) this may have something to do with the fact that i first had the Titan Pack.

I also want to ask what makes the difference between Additive and Substractive mode when you create a new map.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Have you saved over any of the default .upk files? If you have, that may be the cause of your problems.

Unreal Editor does not like modified default packages.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reinstall wouldn't fix that because it's a duplicate default .upk saved in one of your unpublished custom folders. This used to prevent me from launching the UT editor. Check there, otherwise wait for a response from someone with greater levels of expertise than myself.

Corpseprince

Apr 23, 2012
Many, many thanks

Deleting the sky.upk in my custom folder fixed the problem. Didn't know it was there anyhow.

Thanks again