Register UT3 Retail Key With Steam

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
In response to point one: No, offline games still need to be played in online mode. But this only applies to valve games it seems (So that means HL2 and portal etc). Even though offline mode works for other games, steam has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

No, I used to think that too, but it doesn't work that way anymore - all games still can be played offline, even online only games like TF2.

[SD]JunGLe+=

Sine Deceptii
Feb 1, 2009
So dragging a copy of files to common folder....16 GB for one game? Do you unininstall the retail install afterwards?

zarathustra

Seen things you people wouldn't believe
Feb 3, 2009
Nr. Stonehenge
www.abovegod.com
I'd guess that uninstalling will delete the game, i.e. not a good idea. You're simply _moving_ the install folder - nothing to delete...

(P.S. 16 gigs?? You got a few million maps in your UT3 install?)

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
typically fall into one of three categories: doesn't play online, hyper-fanatical about running apps in the background, never tried it/tried when it was first launched.

None of the above. :)

shoptroll said:
Yeah should've elaborated on that.

Yes. You should have. :)

I was expressing some surprise with the :eek: because it seemed unlikely that Steam could be that awful in that respect.

Edit:
If not, then it's really worth a try
Steam really is a deal breaker for me but I do appreciate the recommendation.

Last edited:

zarathustra

Seen things you people wouldn't believe
Feb 3, 2009
Nr. Stonehenge
www.abovegod.com
Whoever it was that was owning me the other day in UT3 (I'm pretty sure I recognised some names from the forum) - good game! :)

I've still to learn exactly what each weapons does, & the maps too. That map with the big 'temple' in the middle was a bloody riot! I was physically hurting with laughing too much. :lol: What's it called?

Of the two servers you guys mentioned, I found the fragbu one (at gameservers IIRC) but it was offline. No sign of the unrealgrrls one. IPs would be handy (hint, hint).

Thank you, Valve, for sticking UT3 up on Steam. I would never have tried it otherwise.

=]

P.S. My Steam Profile:
Code:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zarathustra2k1
(feel free to add me for UT3, L4D (expert runs) & source-type japeries. :)

Last edited:

[SD]JunGLe+=

Sine Deceptii
Feb 1, 2009
I'd guess that uninstalling will delete the game, i.e. not a good idea. You're simply _moving_ the install folder - nothing to delete...

(P.S. 16 gigs?? You got a few million maps in your UT3 install?)

Ohhhhh...when I heard hal say "drag" I envisioned a drag and drop copy... and 2 x 8GB installs as a result. Phewww... thank you for the clarification :)

Last edited: