Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
The Last Samurai 9/10

Cruise was awesome!

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
The Langoliers - 7/10
Better than I expected. Good actors, great story and some crappy CGI.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I too just finished watching Cloverfield tonight, and I agree some of the 9/10
But I'm not in for 9/10, maybe 8.3/10. The idea of making the movie entirely done on cam got me off at the beginnings of the movie. Especially the whole party thing, it started getting boring. When the movie finished, it was totally in-your-teeths. No ending music, instant death, the end, black screen. No idea what happened aside that huge explosion, one thing for sure, the thing surely didn't died, if it actually survived to a stealth bomber attack without any scar (Right?).

Blah blah blah party... ZZZZZ Boring,

Boom. OMG WTF WAS THAT OMG OMG OMG!!! :tup:
Then Liberty's head fell off in the streets. :rolleyes: AFAIK the thing was standing in the around of time square, right? Oh and the guy's brother is annoying as ****. I think he's the main reason why I was stressed the whole god damn movie.

Anyway, the fact the alien thing or what ever it was, always was around them is kinda suspicious. Especially when his brother dies. Yeah, it's a movie... ,I know. I liked that spam scene where the tanks started taking assault as they were walking gently in the streets.

PS: Can someone tell me what happened to the infected girl? She got shot by the soldiers?

Mister_Prophet, I think night vision is just as worse as watching a horror movie - You know the girl is going to die in a horrible screamy death... And yeah, AVP2 Scene with teh google was clichée. For example. And movie sucked as I expected.

Last edited:

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Old Boy

10/10 - Wow. This was just sickeningly awesome, the twists and mind****s at every corner were super engaging (SUPERDUPER engaging). Yeah wow. Go watch this movie.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Old Boy

10/10 - Wow. This was just sickeningly awesome, the twists and mind****s at every corner were super engaging (SUPERDUPER engaging). Yeah wow. Go watch this movie.

Hell yes, you are an awesome person for watching this movie. :tup:

Now go watch Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance, the other two in the vengeance trilogy. Oldboy is by far the best of all three but the other two are definitely worthy of a watch. Chan-wook Park is an amazing director.

Also, watch City of God if you haven't. Another amazing feckin film. You will start to question American cinema after watching all of these. ;)

My ratings:

City of God - 9/10
Oldboy - 9/10
Lady Vengeance - 7.5/10 (so beautifully artistic, AMAZING musical score)
Sympathy for Mr Vengeance - 7/10 (make absolute certain that you know the female characters, two of them look alike and it ruined the film for me because I went through the whole movie thinking that this girl was someone else and it made no sense)

These ratings are subject to change, especially Mr Vengeance because I ruined the movie for myself by confusing two characters. I'm gonna have to watch it again.

MoogleRancha

Grim and Frostbitten Moogle
Jan 21, 2008
Festering in your mother's womb
Good Luck Chuck - Gross-out/strange comedy. 8.5/10
Hills Have Eyes 2 - I kinda liked it, but it was a little too farfetched/abstract for me at times. 7/10

lol rape scene
First one did it better.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
3 10 to yuma 8.9/10

and Weatherman 9/10

Im so happy that I found two decent movies in one week!

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
The Savages: 9/10
Laura Linney and Phillip Seymour Hoffman are two of the better actors of this generation and this film has plenty of depth for them to really get into the movie. It's frank and startlingly real and alternately depressing and amusing. Not to mention that I was extremely pleasantly surprised with the ending, as I've grown dissatisfied of the bleakly depressing or unsatisfactorily happy endings plaguing so many movies.

~Jason

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Superbad 7/10
It wasn't as good as the hype made me believe it would be. However the dick drawing jokes and the MkLovin stuff were some of the funniest comedy moment i've seen in a long while.
The rest of it brung up depressing memories of my own life.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
[VaLkyR]Anubis;2064620 said:
Transformers - That is a beautiful movie,bettest movie,really,9.5/10 (95%).You can't say something bad about this movie,it is just awesome.:)
Oh no, I can say plenty bad about this movie. Plot, character "development", writing, etc. It had great special effects and fights, but otherwise it blew big floppy donkey dicks.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Eastern Promises. I found it to be very easy to see through the identity of a certain characters from early on, but despite that flaw and a little illogical behaviour by some of the characters (see spoilers), it was still entertaining. I especially liked the rare yet graphic violence as well as Armin Mueller-Stahl's performance. As good as American Gangster - 8/10.

Why didn't Nikolai expect that Semyon would have the baby abducted? Why did Semyon only order the killing of Anna's uncle and not of Anna herself, as she clearly knew too much?

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
Knocked Up - 7/10
Some very funny moments, but the film was much too long; the less funny segments dragged on quite a bit. I also wasn't sold on Seth Rogen as a leading man, his delivery felt phoney even for a comedy (though he was perfectly suited for some of the stoner banter). On the other hand, Paul Rudd was surprisingly funny, and Katherine Heigl delivered the solid performance I've come to expect from her.
Superbad, on the other hand, was just pure hilarity from about a third of the way in. In my opinion, anyway.

Not exactly a movie, but I've been going through all my Sopranos DVDs over the past few days. Seeing them all so closely together, it really makes me realise how little action there was on the show. There's very little footage dedicated to showing them actually earning, instead the focus is very firmly on their down-time. You'd think Tony spent his entire life hanging out at the Bing and shouting at his kids...
It makes it hard to watch the show in a big chunk like I'm doing, because (particularly if you've seen it before) it actually numbs the brain.
Time allocation and long-term planning have always been problems with the show, in my opinion. It showed up most obviously in the final season, where the situation with the New York family came to a head far too late, and had quite an anticlimax.