Constant Volume Sound Throughout level

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slayer1

Jun 17, 2000
Manchester, England
Visit site
Hi Guys,

My first UT2k4 map draws near to completion, and the answer to this conundrum would assist me greatly. I wish to have a constant wind effect throughout the level which doesn't vary in volume.

What's the best way to achieve this?

Sorry if there is already a topic on this. I attempted to find one but couldn't.

Slayer1

Jun 17, 2000
Manchester, England
Visit site
No suggestions then?

So far I've tried a blanket of ambient sound actors throughout the level (Yuk), and a ScriptedTrigger which caused the game to crash.

Here are some screenshots as well: -

shot000243vm.png

shot000213pt.png

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
?

Don't you place/copy the appropriate actor(s) all over the map/zones so in each zone the audio is there and at the volume set in the actor properties? Just a thought. I'm not Ued expert though....

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
volume sound starts from the center or something, so it still wont be everywhere afaik

add a scripted trigger with an ambient sound action, not a regular sound play action

what you want to do will be boring and iritating tho, wind sound everywhere will bore the hell out of everyone and will not be realistic, you need variation
your light also has some greenings cause of the intensity