G400 HELP!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sandino

I'll Get Me Coat
Jan 27, 2000
Brighton, England
Could anyone help me? I'm running UT on a PC with:
PIII/600
128 Mb RAM
Matrox G400 32 Mb Dual Head (not MAX)
DirectX 7.0a
Latest Matrox drivers (last checked Monday this week)

With all graphics details set to low, no 3d audio on, and at 800x640 res I get a FPS of around 35? Anyone got any idea what is wrong since I imagine it should be around 45-50 or higher?

My ping is 130 odd with a modem, so it can't be a bad connection causing it.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Sandino

I'll Get Me Coat
Jan 27, 2000
Brighton, England
Thanks for the tip m8.
The trouble with Matrox cards is that their version of OpenGl (TurboGL) is even more unreliable than D3D... /~unreal/ubb/html/frown.gif. Others I've talked to have got at least 45, and sometimes 70 odd FPS with similar/worse setups using G400's with UT, so I'm completely confused as to what is wrong. I've tried 3dMark and the ratings seem fine for my setup, but UT...

Loibisch

The Odd Member
Jan 3, 2000
Germany
www.carpeimperium.com
Do you have ver 405b of UT? If not: get it.
There's a catch with all updates of UT that have come out, yet. The game runs twice! When you have started UT press [strg]+[alt]+[del] and you'll see two UT's running. One is named "Unreal Tournament" and the other "unrealtournament". Close the last one (close it manually until the task is gone).
Some people have noticed much higher Framerates when done that.
There's another way to solve that (without the need of closing one UT everytime).
Search the forum for the thread "25minutes to load, then it loads multiple copies", or similar. You will find this post dealing with another issue, but probably the same solution.
Hope that helps.

Loibisch

[This message has been edited by Loibisch (edited 01-28-2000).]