The necris story

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Glad I inspired you pineconeboy :)
Yes I know about me and switching tenses.. I should be more careful in the future.. :hmm:
Ah well, this is my first big story, it's my first story on a forum :)
I hope the second one will be better we'll see :)

Phoenix, where have you been? :D
I've read the entire "tournament story" ..
It's not bad! I'm really glad you came in though.. if it wasn't for you, the story would have died a cruel and painful death meaning.. well.. you created a good storyline..
But all of the sudden, I was reading the part were Creator was on callisto, searching for Phoenix :)

and .. ehm.. 4 guys jumped in right and made their own contribution and kind off ruined the story..
Luckily you jumped in and set things right.
:)

It's not bad. I hope you'll be starting a story on your own on puf real soon.

Oh the link :/ silly me .. i'll correct that small problem :D

And here's part 11...

Two more parts to come and then.. well.. then it's over. At least, this story is ;)

Part 11: A little, old man…

Visse frowned and the surprised look on her face immediately changed to that of a furious one. She reached for the person lying inside the skeleton, grabbed him and slapped his head.
“Wake up, you dirt miserable human”, she hissed.
All of the sudden he did. He blinked and stared at the 2 Necris in front of him.
He started shivering and said with a highly pitched voice:
“No pl..pl please don’t hurt me”.

It was the old man from the pic. The big, weird eyes and the sloppy hear on the head, yes.. it most definitely was him.
The little, old man started sweating and his hands were trembling.
Loque couldn’t believe his eyes. Was this supposed to be a joke? The large man who was insulting them a couple of trinitons ago, was nothing but a scared, little old man using a state of the art exo-skeleton.
He started laughing at the thought of it.
Visse slapped his cheek.
“Cut it out Loque”, she snarled,” this is no time for jokes and fun.. We’re about to give this little human rat a special treatment. She took out her evisceration knife. That knife was only used at special occasions.
“Wait Visse”, Loque quickly said,” I want to know why this human was using an exoskeleteon.. although I do have a good idea why..”
He studied the old man: bony legs, skin like parchment,…

“Get on your feet”, Visse shouted at the little man. It only took him one kraylin to obey the order the dangerous Necris had given.

“Yes ma’am”, the old, wrinkled guy said with a timid voice.
Visse looked him in the eyes and showed her white, sharp teeth.
The little old man almost pooped his pants.
“You know what this is?”, she said while pointing at the knife with her head,” I save this knife to disembowel my prey.. and I think it’s an appropriate time for using it.”
The little man swallowed and his eyes grew bigger with the second. It was as if they were going to burst out of their sockets.

“But I might change my mind”, she growled dangerously,” my friend Loque here wants to know why you’re wearing an exo skeleton….”
The little man turned his head towards Loque, only to be greeted by another angry looking Necris.
“B..B..”, the little man stumbled.
“SPEAK OR REST IN PIECES!”, Visse shouted.
The little man really started shivering now.. He swallowed twice, took a deep breath, wiped the sweat from his forehead and whispered:
“I. I was .. using that “, he stumbled, and Visse had about enough of it and put the knife on his throat.
She hissed. “Last .. chance, human rat”.
The little man couldn’t stop his body from trembling, but still tried his best controlling himself.
He swallowed once again, staring at the big knife on his throat.
Loque took him by his left ear and snarled: “Your name first!”

He let go of the man’s ear, as he was waving like a madman.
He sighed and started talking:
“M..my name is.. John summers.. I.. I am the .. the leader of this .. city..”
Loque frowned and started laughing. He couldn’t help himself. Visse sniggered.
“What.. what’s s..s..so funny,” the little man said with a trembling voice, still looking at the large knife on his throat. He could have sworn it was cutting his flesh.
“You HAVE to ask”, Loque said with a surprised voice and patted the man on his head,” how is it possible, that an old and little man like yourself can run a city?”
“Only trough treachery”, Visse continued while looking at the exo skeleton.
“Yeah”, Loque whispered,” I still want you to explain this thing with the skeleton to me, little man.”
The little man shook his head.
“Ok ok”, he said and shrugged, “look at me will ya ? I’m old, weak.. and .. butt ugly.. can you blame me?”
Visse had to agree with the guy: “ Yes sir, you’re more ugly than a decayed Tygron!”
Loque smiled at her.
“Nice skeleton by the way”, he said to the little man,” ultra modern, state of the art.”
The little man was still heavily trembling.
“How come he felt the blow to his head?”, he asked Visse.
“Simple .. look at all those sensors in the suit. The user connects him or herself with the suit trough these sensors, it has it’s advantages and disadvantages..
biggest disadvantage is feeling “pain. If we hit the exoskeleton on the head, the user will feel it. Just to give you an example here.”
Visse grinned.
Loque slapped his hands together and grabbed the skeleton.
“W..w..wait what are you going to do?”, the little man said with a trembling voice.
“Why.. destroy it of course”, Loque smirked.
“No do..”
But it was too late. Loque switched his gun to the highest frequency, threw the skeleton at the near wall and fired his weapon at it. The skeleton simply disintegrated.
Then he kneeled in front of the little man, called John Summers.
“Now I only have one more question for you”, Loque sighed,” can you please explain THIS to me?”
He took out a copy of the Unreal tournament game.
The man called John Summers uttered a cry of surprise when he saw the blue and black game box.
“Where .. wh.. where did you get that from”, he whispered. He reached for it, trying to grab it, but Visse still had to large knife sitting at his throat.
Louqe looked at the game box, then at the man called John Summers.
“On one of the previous small raids on earth.”, he said with a heavy voice,” I’ve been here before, in the streets of this big techno city..”
John Summers shook his head.
“Well, I’m waiting,” Loque impassively said.
John dropped his head to his chest, and sighed 3 times…
“It all started in the year 2009”, he said with a grim, still trembling voice,” I was a kid back then. A company called “époque rising” made this wonderful game. The gamers all over the world were captivated with the shear excitement and sphere the game offered. There was another game called “the quaking arena”, … but it wasn’t nearly as popular. The unreal tournament took the gamers world by storm.”
He paused for a second and looked at Visse.
“Could you please b.be careful with that thing”, he stumbled,” I think I felt it cutting through my skin.”
Visse hissed and pushed the knife deeper down his throat.
John Summer swallowed and a highly pitched scream left his mouth.
“Go on”, Visse ordered him and she looked at Loque. She knew this was important to him.
“Basically”, John continued,” this was the king of all videogames. It was released for many platforms such as the z-box, the Tintendo and let’s not forget about the p.c.
I was a young kid back then. Of course I had to buy me a copy of that game, all my friends did. 6 years later it was more popular than ever, and the “quaking arena” was nothing but a vague memory. Then it happened.
A corporation called “Avatar” bought the rights of the game, and transformed it into a real event. They simply made the game concept reality. From all over the world foolish, young fighters enlisted for the grand tournament.
A bunch of scientist at the Avatar corp created a new form of technology.
The fighters in the tournament would never actually die… it’s too long and boring to explain now..”
Loque frowned.” I don’t care, do explain this technology”, he whispered.
John sighed.
“Ok, every fighter in the tournament was connected to a mainframe. A virtual representation of the fighter entered the arenas, and fought for it’s so called “virtual” life..
the winner won huge amounts of money.
I was among them.”

Visse observed the man called John Summers for a while. She did not understand. How could he have been there? Sure, this man was old, but he couldn’t have reached the 350 years.. could he?
“How come you’re still alive”, she said using her most intimidating voice,” how can you explain that..if this event happened all these centuries ago..”
She wanted to put John under so much pressure, he would simply snap.
“Well, you see it went like this. Me and my friends enlisted in the games, and.. we made one hell of a team..”
“Hell”, Loque interrupted him”, what is .. hell?”
John looked at him and stumbled:”…H.. how do you m.. mean?”
“DOESN’T matter”, Visse shouted,” go on with the story.”
Loque mumbled something and agreed with Visse.
“Anyway, we won all the ctf.. capture the flag that is, events, and the assault, domination and last man standing games…Our so called “clan” had become notorious. We were the best of the best. No team of challengers could beat us.
I had a girlfriend back then..”
Loque opened his backpak and took the picture.
“This woman ?”, he said to John.
“Yes, that’s here”, he sighed and glanced at the shiny knife on his throat.
There was definitely a wound in his neck now. The blood was dripping on the blade.
“O..ok I’ll shorten the story for you… see.. she.. the tournament was so important to me.. to her as well.. but..”
Visse started growling. Somehow this sounded familiar.
“Eh, well…”, John continued while his voice was heavily trembling,” it was the year 2023.. we had won the biggest tournament of all. We had defeated the upcoming GS_destructa clan. We owned the tournament.
But then things started to go wrong. Our clan slowly fell apart… my girlfriend realised I cared more for the games, the millions watching the fights, the glory.. than her ..”
He felt the knife cutting in his throat.
Visse was really hissing now.
“H..h..hey lady”, John almost yelled,” y.. you .. you want me to finish the story .. or wh.. what?”
Loque grabbed Visse’s hand and took the knife. John fell to the floor.
He saw the wound in the human’s throat. Visse growled and walked towards the window. Loque looked at the knife, and put it back on John’s throat. This time, more careful. He really wanted to hear the story of “the unreal tournament”…

John continued his story. He asked Loque for the handkerchief lying on the nearby table, for taking care of that nasty wound.
Loque disagreed. “Finish the story first, human”, he snarled.
“Ok, our clan fell apart, I moved to Europe.. the name of one the continents back in… the 21st century. My live was empty. It had been insane if I would’ve continued fighting in the tournament solo. I was a team fighter. In a free for all I would have been slaughtered.
The years went by, I grew older.. developed an interest in the field of science, and worked with famous scientists. These people attempted building a “time machine”.. of course they did not succeed.
Then it happened. The earth quaked on march the 23rd, 2063. A mad man released a technovirus on humanity. 80% was online by then. Onliners had a virtual representation of him/herself. The techno virus would invade the consoles and attack their virtual person. The real body would suffer the same fate as the virtual one.
I was working on a break trough at that time, I had perfected the “time travel” machine.. my colleagues wouldn’t believe me though…
The techno virus worked fast. In no matter of time, half of earth’s population was death.
Lucky for me I wasn’t online at that current time. See, a major event took place when the techno virus was launched on the virtua net..and indeed.. 80% was watching it.
My console started flickering, I noticed the chaos and disorder when I looked outside the window of my apartment.
Maybe I was insane for doing so.. but I took some of my belongings, I panicked I guess.. took a copy of the ut game I had kept to myself for all those years.. and stepped inside the “time travel” machine.. I randomly entered a date.. and wound up in the year 2350.
At first I didn’t like what I saw.. humanity was broken, destroyed, robbed of it’s strong will..
But the time travel machine must had done something to my brain,.. I took advantage of the weak people living in the so called techno city.. and took charge. I let them build this construction, this “towering building”, and was the founder of the Liandri corp. Using the new technology, .. well.. there wasn’t that much.. humanity hadn’t made that much progress in the last 3 centuries..
And recreated the ut games.. added a couple of the new species as the nali and skaarj to it..but I grew hungry.. hungry for more.
So I started messing with the weak minds of the city people.
I created “little darling”, the white console..”. John paused and sighed..
“Go on”, Loque impassively said and slapped him in the face.
“Ok ok!”, John said with a quivering voice. He rubbed his hand over his large forehead and continued:” Little darling was able to create illusions. The illusions were nothing but “posters”, hanging on the city walls. Only those who were strong willed, had the spirit of the wolf sleeping inside them, could see them. They came to my building, I drugged them and connected them with the mainframe.. little darling..”
“The storm troopers”, Loque whispered.
John nodded.
“What about the yellow fluid and blue organs? What about the trooper we’ve found on the 3rd floor? Loque slapped John again in the face.
“Well, the ones with the yellow fluid etc.. WERE my elite guards.. you’ve killed them obviously .. and the others were common troopers.. as the ones who are fighting your friends down there. I wanted to perfect my elite guards, but something went wrong I guess.. their blood changed colour etc..I still can’t explain why..

I became obsessed with the Ut game once again, and organised private tournaments in a section of my penthouse. I used the holoroom technology, entered designs of many arenas in little darling’s dbase, and she transformed them to live settings. If one of my troopers died in the arena, .. he was immediately revived. We used no heavy artillery, as we wanted to keep the bodies in one piece.
“We?”, Loque mumbled.
John shook his head and rolled his eyes:” Me and little.. darling.. Anyway, everything seemed to go fine, a couple of days ago, one of my elite guards started rebelling.. I still don’t understand why.. I HAD robbed him of his free will! I ordered my other elite guards to terminate him. I never used the 3rd floor anymore so…I let him down there, to crumble away, decay..

“What about our friends?”, Visse asked the man with a firm voice and growled. She couldn’t hide the disgust and hatred she felt towards the man sitting on the floor, at her feet.
The man bowed his head.
“They’re o.k.. well most of them are.. I had ordered my elite guards to capture them, and.. save them.. I needed .. new .. healthy guards.. and although. I don’t like Necris.. I have to admit, you.. are fine warriors.
“WHERE.. ARE THEY!”, Loque all of the sudden yelled. He cringed his teeth. There was a chance his sister was still alive and kicking.
“I.. in the quarter down the hall”, John quickly said while looking at the knife, which once more made a scar in his neck.
Visse took the man by his hair, and kicked him in the arse. “Lead us the way, maggot”, she snarled,” and no sudden movements, or I’ll fry you alive.”
The man got to his feet once again, wiped his shady clothes, and turned towards the 2 Necris. Their guns were aimed at his head.
“Th.. this way”, he said with his cowardly, trembling voice.
He lead them to a darker quarter.
When Loque and Visse entered the room, they were baffled...

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
I don't really have to say much about that. Again, the twists and turns you take are amazing, in fact im sure you've been smoking something of Meelobee's :)

What I do want to say, is this:

evisceration knife.

Oh yes. You can almost hear the onomatopoeic quality of that. A name worthy to be in Unreal Warfare :)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
No you've got it all wrong, i was born this way :D

Evisceration knife yeah well... :) it's ok I guess.
Btw i've already written 52 pages on this story.. wonder how much more bigger it'll get.. two more parts to go.. yes... maybe i'll reach the 60 pages :D

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Ain't I spoiled; go to read almost the whole story in one day :)

For writing purposes, I'd like to offer a few more pointers (these are small issues, but it must be the English teacher in me bursting out ;) )

One: You used the term "pic" to describe a picture; it's online slang and perfectly normal in a conversation but when you're writing it sounds better to spell out the word "picture".

Two: Spell out numbers......don't write them. As in, "Six years later....." rather than "6 years later......". Dates are ok to leave as numbers (2009=good :) )

Three: Earlier on, when you were writing from the perspective of the two or three different Necris parties as they entered the Liandri building, you switched back and forth fairly often. It's easier to follow and understand if you write large blocks (maybe a whole chapter) from each party and switch around a little less.

Great job on the tie-together explanations from the shriveled old man :) I'd say this story is winding down but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Oh yeah, and "evisceration knife" caught my eye too, I had to L.O.L. ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Thanks for the comments Pineconeboy. I will take notice of it in future posts :)
you know what i mean.
Hm well switching that many times back and forth between different groups of Necris, I did that on purpose.
I didn't feel like focusing this story on.. :rolleyes: Loque and Visse.
THe others would've remained on the background?
And the numbers yes.. :) you're right.
More to come tomorrow!

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Originally posted by NeoNite

Hm well switching that many times back and forth between different groups of Necris, I did that on purpose.
I didn't feel like focusing this story on.. :rolleyes: Loque and Visse.
THe others would've remained on the background?

Absolutely, I know you did it on purpose, and it's an excellent storytelling technique. Brian Jacques used it to great effect in his books (the Redwall series; read 'em all when I was younger). You have a lot of different characters though; some mentioned only briefly and sometimes it is hard to keep track of them all and where they are.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Maybe I do :hmm:
But don't worry, for my next story, i will only be using 5 characters.
I'm busy writing it :)

(i've read books from michael crichton, and I really liked "Sphere".. the movie however :hmm:)

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
Just got back -

Dance practice went well for first time EVER!!!!!!!!!
Then Indian meal with gf

And now for a great end to a good day ....

/Me puts kettle on now. cys soon:)

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
That was a damn fine read. I'm a bit too tired and drunk to make coherent remarks!! ... But I mean ... theres so much in this section which is making sense of things. I like the way that othere team members are suddenly possibly alive.

Urgh .. my brain just isn't working at the moment... I'll just leave it as saying that it was really good to come home to this next great part of this great story. Phoenix mentions the twists and turns. Yep:)

And as Pine and Phoenix mention .. that evisceration knife is a classic :D

Quotes ... selection of some of the magic moments.
---------------------
“Ok ok”, he said and shrugged, “look at me will ya ? I’m old, weak.. and .. butt ugly.. can you blame me?”

Then it happened.
A corporation called “Avatar” bought the rights of the game, and transformed it into a real event.

..... Europe.. the name of one the continents back in… the 21st century.
----------------------

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hope he's feeling better now :D Cause here's part 12..
imho .. I'm not that satisfied with this part.. :hmm:
next part will be the last..
and after that..

:D

Part 12 : The reckoning…

A small Razor set down in front of the Capital Building, near the Necris troops.
The young pilot called Jiggar jumped out and she was carrying a large device. Some would be surprised a young woman of her size was able to carry a heavy thing like that ! But you should never underestimate Jiggar. Most Necris knew that. And Aryss was catching on.

“The executioner”, he shouted and heaved a sigh of relief.
“It took you long enough.”
Jiggar’s eyes grew larger from disbelief, then she started smiling.
“Oh you silly commander”, she grinned, “ you KNOW I’m the fastest pilot of the fleet, now do you?”
Aryss slapped her on the left shoulder. “Good work pilot”, he sighed, “we were really aching for this thing to arrive…”
Jiggard interrupted him.
“But the captain forgot to mention one thing though”, she smirked.
“And what’s that”, Aryss whispered while checking out the impressive executioner.
“Eh… you see.. you can only fire this thing once… if fired twice, it .. it will explode in your face…”
Aryss frowned and smiled.
Jiggar didn’t understand:” Is that a .. good thing or what commander?”
“I only need.. one shot, pilot”, he said with a confident tone in his voice.

“Here are your friends,” the man called John Summers said, while stepping back from the two Necris..
He was nothing more than a cowardly old man, alienated from the outside world.
The last time he had left his sanctuary, this dark building, was back in 2358. It had been a long time.
Loque looked at the walls, from the left to the right.. everywhere there were these kinds of pods. And inside them were his fellow Necris.
He became very anxious when searching those pods for his sister.
“Laque,” he yelled, “where are you?”
Visse raised her eyebrows when she saw John Summers heading for the door.
“And where the **** do you think you’re going?”, she hissed,” you’re staying right here. One more step, and I’ll blow your ****ing left leg off, got that maggot?”
John stopped moving. It was as if he had been spiked to the floor. And then it happened. He pooped his pants.
“Damn, Loque”, Visse said with an amused tone in her voice, “ the maggot has finally done it!”
But Loque didn’t hear her. He was searching for his sister.
The green fluid in the pods was blocking the view. Loque could only perceive the silhouettes of the Necris who where apparently drifting in there.
“How.. to drain these pods”, he shouted at John summers, who was still standing on the same spot, nailed to the floor. Loque really meant business, and he walked up to him.
John got lifted from the floor and was held a feet in the air by Loque’s strong arms.
He started sweating again.
“Let.. let.. l..let me she-she-show you”, he whispered with a trembling voice.
Loque threw him to the floor, and slowly John got back on his feet. The floor was stained by a small amount of poop.
“Oh really nice”, Visse sighed,” human poop.. what could be more disgusting?”
John walked up to a console near on the wall. He looked at the pods, then back at the console and entered a voice command:
“This is John Summers speaking”, he sighed, “I order the pods to be drained.”
And only one second later, the green fluid left the dark pods in the wall.
Loque immediately noticed his sister in the third pod. He ran up to it, and looked at her. She was still wearing her uniform, and appeared to be fine.
Then the pods opened. All the captive Necris fell out and Loque caught his sister, preventing her from hitting the cold, hard floor.
“Laque”, he laughed,” how are you sister?”
She looked at her brother, eyes half opened, and started smiling. She opened her mouth, coughed a couple of times and said with a silent voice:” Loque, I’m so happy to see you”.
“Feeling is mutual sis”, he whispered and held her in his arms.
“Do you find this amusing,” Visse snarled at the man called John Summers.
“N.. N..No”, he said with a trembling voice, afraid that the Necris woman would take out her evisceration knife again and put it on his throat.
“THEN STOP STARING AT THEM”, she shouted and knocked him in the stomach.
John gasped, and fell to the floor.
“Better if you just stay there, on the floor, where you belong”, Visse growled.
All of the sudden, she heard footsteps in the far end of the penthouse, quickly approaching..
“Loque, do you hear that”, she whispered, “we’ve got company.”
“Another one of your men?”, he asked the scared man called John Summers, lying on the floor.
“No, that’s impossible”, he stumbled, “you’ve eliminated all of them!”
Visse pointed her gun at the door.
All of the sudden, a man came looking from behind the wall, gun in the hand, finger on the trigger.
Visse uttered a sigh of pure relief..
“Barak! Where have you been? I thought, I mean, we thought you were death!”
Barak looked around him, at the walls, the pods and the old man lying on the floor, trembling…
“Well”, he said with a hoarse voice,” it’s a long story..”
“I want to know”, Loque said while helping his sister to her feet,” c’mon tell us!”
Barak swallowed and moistened his lips.
“See, my team walked into a storm troopers trap, when arriving on the third floor. I was the only one who was able to jump back in the lift, and made it back to the second floor. Although, those troopers had been able to hit my arm with their tasers and it was heavily bleeding.
I had to take care of the wound first, and then I went looking for other team members.
The damn thing is, at the very moment the turbolift carrying you guys to the third floor, closed it’s doors, .. I arrived.
Too late, someone had been messing with the controls I guess.
So I started panicking. I took the lifts back to the main hall.. but when I arrived down there, I paused for a moment, felt my heart pounding in my chest, and relaxed.. an inner voice told me to go after the five of you.. no matter what the odds where.
I made my way up to the third floor, and accidentally came across what appeared to a control room. Really, it was a coincidence.. someone had left the lights on.. I’m surprised none of you guys had noticed it?”
John Summers sighed.
“Damn little darling must’ve been doing a routine control of the building, checking the power, operating the light circuit, testing.. to maintain the functionality of the building, “ he mumbled.
Barak frowned.
“Who is this then?”
Visse smirked: “The .. leader of this.. city..”
Barak really couldn’t believe his eyes.
“Anyway”, he continued,” I went into the room, discovered a console, not too bad state of the art HUMAN technology.. only took me 3 trinitons to master the controls and access the mainframe. “
John sighed.
“Yes, little darling was connected to most, well the most important consoles in the building..”
Barak looked at the man again. He still couldn’t believe his eyes.
“You’re not joking right”, he asked Visse.
“Nope”, she answered him with a firm voice.
“Ok”, barak sighed,” the mainframe must’ve felt I was planning a “takeover” .. and tried blocking my way in ...it did “her” no good. Then I quickly disabled “her”, and fell to the floor.. I was very tired… and it felt as if I had done something really important.”
Loque smiled at him.
“Oh you did Barak. And I will guarantee you.. me, Visse and the people of Necron won’t forget what you’ve done.”
Barak rubbed his eyes. “Thanks Loque”, he yawned ,” I’m feeling a bit tired, can we leave now? The others .. are coming to their senses I see?”
And indeed, the other Necris were getting to their feet, still a bit dazed and confused.
Sure there were only 12 survivors out of the 30 Necris that went into the building.. but they knew the risks…
Laque walked up to Visse and shook her hand. “Thanks for not giving up on us, and holding on in there. You’ve proven yourself to be a true Necris, and a brave Blaidenmaiden.
Visse smiled and shrugged. “Ah, glad to be of your service, my leader.”

“We better start making our way down”, Loque said with a loud voice and waved at his fellow Necris to come standing next to him at the window.
“What is it, Loque”, Visse asked him.
“Our fellow fighters are about to break through the barricade”, he whispered and pointed at a small man down below, sitting on some debris, with a big nasty weapon in his hand.
“The executioner”, Visse said while throwing herself at the window. She wanted to be sure of what she was seeing...
“What about the human?”, Barak asked Loque.
“We’ll take him with us, back to Necron. The Raygi is still in need of a slave. And I’m sure this one will do nice.”
“No no no no no”, John said using his saddest voice,” don’t take me to your home planet! I.. I couldn’t possibly take that!”
Laque took him by neck and spitted in his face:” Coward,” she hissed, “you’re coming with us, and that’s final.”
The group of Necris left the room and were heading for the turbolift, leading to the third floor.
Before stepping in, Loque looked at the penthouse one more time.
Then he joined the others, and while the doors where closing, John uttered a cry of desperation.
The doors started closing, the cry echoed trough the many quarters of the penthouse, and then it died…

Aryss fired the executioner, the kickback of the large weapon made him hit the ground beneath him. The executioner fell next to him, making a heavy sound when hitting the concrete.
A green cloud fell upon the remaining humans behind the barricade. When it swallowed them, they began yelling and yelling, screaming like no human had ever done before.
10 seconds later, all went quiet.

One triniton passed.

The Necris came from behind the debris, and jumped over the barricade.
“Amazing”, a Necris sergeant said, while touching his moustache,” the blast of that weapon has reduced these humans to mere skeletons.”
“Cool”, a younger Necris shrieked.
The others agreed.
“And to think we could have done this at the beginning of the assault, would’ve saved us a lot of trouble, right commander?”, said the Necris sergeant. Aryss had joined his troops and looked at the skeletons lying behind the barricades.
“Well, yes”, he mumbled,” but the only purpose of this gun was using it in an emergency situation like this, but we never expected the humans to have ESRs.. and..”
He paused and took a deep breath.
“Think of it this way, sergeant. Next time, we’ll be more prepared…and ready .. for a human decoy.”
The sergeant nodded.

Aryss walked back from the barricade to the commanding Freylon, while the others were playing with the skeletons. Some of them used the bones as drumsticks, and nearby blaidenmaiden started dancing like the wicked mad cats they were.
Aryss opened a com channel to the Phalanx and notified Zenith of the victory.
“So, what happens now?”, he asked her with a weary voice. This fight had taken a lot from him.
“We have taken control of the techno cities,” Zenith replied,” and have captivated their leaders. 3 of them have confessed that they had been behind the horrible raid on Necron all these years ago. They had been operating on their own however, being head of the most influential corporations on earth, they had the necessary man and firepower for the job.
The others hadn’t the slightest idea.
So basically, we will punish these old humans, it doesn’t matter, they will pay for their crimes against us. We will stay in command of the techno cities and have reached an agreement with the other terran leaders. We won’t wipe out of what remains of mankind, if we can use their minerals/products and everything our little black heart desires. This was a one way agreement, and seeing they had no other choice, the humans agreed.
The Raygi will be sending another fleet to Earth real soon. Time to go home now.”
A heavy sigh crackled through the com channel, and Aryss looked up the sky and smiled.
“Yes Zenith, I had about enough of this planet by now..”
But Zenith had yet to tell him something .
“Eh Aryss”, she said using a husky voice,” the Raygi has put you in charge of the Necris who will be guarding earth. I’m sorry, your stay will be longer than ours. Within 6 terran weeks, someone else will replace you. The raygi has chosen you, cause of your strong leadership and determination.”
Aryss swore for half a triniton, then he seemed to relax, leaned against the wall of the Freylon.
“Ok Zenith”, he finally said,” I’ll give it my best try.”

At that very moment, the doors of the Capital Building opened. 12 Necris came walking through, accompanied by a crying human.
“We made it!”, Loque yelled.
“Damn right we did”, Visse shouted, “ we are Necris warriors!”
Aryss walked up to Loque and greeted him.
“Good to see you back”, he smiled,” but I only count 12 of you.. the others?”
Loque bowed his head.
“Oh”, Aryss sighed.
“But I’m glad 12 of you made it though.. it took you a long a time.. I was starting to worry about the lot of you!”
“You really shouldn’t have”, Laque grinned.
“Who is this? Is this the leader?”, Aryss asked her while looking in disbelief at the small trembling human standing in front of him.
“Unbelievable, isn’t it?”, Laque said with a contemptuous tone in her voice,” we’ll take him back to Necron, they Raygi needs another slave and .. well.. need I explain more.. this human “leader” will do fine. What happened here? Looks like we’ve been missing out on a lot!”
“I’ll tell you on the way back”, Aryss sighed.

“Malakai didn’t make it”, Laque said when Visse joined her.
Visse raised her eyebrows and sniffed.
“I know Laque”, she whispered,” one of the troopers must have killed him.. he was on one of the other teams and…you know this may sound very cruel and harsh…”
She paused and Laque looked at her, she was very worried about her fellow blaidenmaiden… and close friend.
“It’s over, he’s gone”, Visse continued,” I’m still alive, have the opportunity to go on with my life ..and I will”.
Laque caressed Visse her hair and whispered: “I understand girl, I know you’re a strong Necris.. I’m sure you’ll find the power within you to start all over again.”

“We’ve lost our leader”, Barak said with a grim voice, “ Malakai didn’t make it.”
“He was a son of a bitch”, Rhaynor answered almost immediately,” but a great leader..”
They looked at the sky for two trinitons, and didn’t say one word.
Then Loque had to ask his fellow Phayders the following question:
“Who’ll be our next leader?”
No Phayder was able to answer that question.
Loque smiled and said: “I nominate my friend Rhaynor.”
Rhaynor was baffled.
“Me?”
“Sure, why not”, Barak laughed.
“You’re a good fighter”, Loque said with a firm voice.
“And all of us did notice you have a strong personality”, Tchi whispered,” you have my vote.”
Tchi made it as well. He was still suffering from the strain, the stress he experienced while being inside the building, but he was starting to feel better.
“I don’t know guys”, Rhaynor said. He sounded doubtful. Was he really able to fill Malakai’s boots as the leader of the Phayder. He had to give it some though.

“Hey what are Jared and Barak doing nearby those human remains?”, Loque asked Tchi.
“Oh, see they promised their kid to bring back a human brain, intact or not.. it doesn’t matter.” Tchi seemed to smile, a faint smile, but he was having fun, and feeling better… and that’s what counted.

Moments later, the Necris headed for their vessels. Aryss stood at a nearby building, with 150 of his loyal troops. He waved at the Phayders and Blaidenmaiden.
“So long my friends, “he whispered,” hope to see you again soon…”

The ships set course for the Phalanx. Then they took of to the wormhole near Jupiter.
“Ok people”, Zenith shouted through an com channel whilst sitting in her chair on the bridge,” you’ve done a great job. One fifth of our invasion army stays back on earth, waiting for the change of guard. Hold on to your seats, as the Phalanx is about to jump into hyperspace!
The wormhole opened and the Phalanx dived in, followed by the remaining Razors and Gralinnz. As soon as the entire fleet had disappeared in there, the wormhole closed itself.

p.p.s.

Sorry Phoenix, I know you will probably hate the fact that the Necris won the bloody war :D
But this is my story, and i'll do whatever I want :p

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
[Budweisser frog-voice]True[/Budweisser frog-voice]

I think I'm still getting over it. :D

----------

Part 12 ... looking forward to this .... :)

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Visit site
Sorry Phoenix, I know you will probably hate the fact that the Necris won the bloody war :D
But this is my story, and i'll do whatever I want :p

!!!! I was only joking! Of course you could end the story however you wished! :confused:

To be fair tho, they were nasty bastards :) At least they decided not to wipe out al of mankind, which was a surprisingly nice act for them.

“He was a son of a bitch”, Rhaynor answered almost immediately,” but a great leader..”

Says it all really :D

I don't know why you were so disappointed with that piece, I thought it sort of brought the story into perspective. I suppose the lack of anything really happening with the executioner was the only bad thing, I thought it would kill Loque and Visse. But then, you haven't finished yet, for all I know you could be planning interesting for your last part, knowing the twists you have included before. But then you may not (im not pressuring honest!)

Last part...I dont like that thought, with me writing the last part of the Tournament thread tomorrow (it isnt my thread, but ill still do what i want with it ;)) There will be no more stories about...:(

Until we post our next ones that is :)

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
I've read it now.

Very nice :)

Lots of ends were getting tied up. It is all feeling very balanced. Good to see the bad Earth-people being sorted from those who did not know what has been happening.

I've enjoyed this.

Now 'part 12' ... is it the case that there is more to come? because this is feeling like the end ...I'm intrigued

The tying up of the ends ... This part has been kind of reviewing in my mind a lot of the previous episodes. Very important function.

Out of interest, you mention that you are not happy with this part ... I'm wondering, what is it about it that you're not happy with?

cya:)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Phoenix, I was only joking, you should know that by now :)
Hm yeah the executioner.. won't be the last you've from eh.. that gun :)

You're finishing the tournament story? WHen will you be posting the last part?
AH well, now you can start your own story on puf, this time it'll be organised, from the very beginning to the very very very end :)

Maybe .. maybe it's not .. the end of the Necris.. you know.. :)
(i'm not saying anything, wait til tomorrow.)

:D

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Visit site
Prepare yourself for part 13, the end of the Necris story :(

Hmm, ending the Necris story on part 13? Im glad no one in here's superstitious.....:D

Anyway, Im (hopefully) ending the Tournament Story

Tomorrow

although I might add an epilogue. But when I say tomorrow, that could mean the early hours of Saturday, cause I always end up rewriting loads of it.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Same here Phoenix, it takes me approximately one hour to write everything down, and about a half hour to edit the damn text :)
But it's worth it!

I wish it was already tomorrow ... :(
today sucks :)

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
AWESOME STORY!!!!! I'm new at the forums, and i stumbled across this one thru the "How do you talk in UT?" forum. your story rocks!!! Im really looking forward to the last part! :boom:

Status
Not open for further replies.