Official BeyondUnreal Photography Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
This is really really good. I am guessing you turned over each and every one, or were they already that way?
Thanks :) They were already like that, all of them were warped and mishapen, some even had bent cutlery wrapped around them. I think someone must have found a box of factory rejects lying around the place.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
Slainchild, the second last pic is ecstatic!

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com

Jackal, I have the standard 18-55mm Canon kit lens and a Sigma 10-20mm. Hazel has the kit lens and a 70-300mm Tamron. About shots being sharp, I dunno, I don't do anything special afaik. I always shoot in manual mode, and get the shutter speed and focus right, then take a few shots with different settings (light level meter isn't always reliable, have to under-expose slightly most of the time) to get it right. I have white balance set to Auto when shooting, and just fix that and adjust stuff accordingly in the photoshop RAW editor. Using the PS sharpen filter after resizing often helps, but can make things look worse if the shot has a lot of small details already.

Of course you have to hold the camera steady or use a tripod if you don't want blurry photos to begin with. :p

I'm sure others here can give you some actual useful tips... :eek:

No that helps actually. I'm using the kit lens 28-135mm which I think is my issue. I have been wanting a 100mm macro and a 50mm L lens. I want both right this very second, but I have to chose which one to get lol.

I think once I actually get a better lens, my shots should turn out better.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
@ Slainchild

Some lovely shots there...the Sigma 10-20 really gives everything a new perspective when shooting. I loved mine (I sold it when I got a full frame camera)...it's much cheaper than equivalent Nikon or Canon lenses and both the build quality and image quality are excellent. Mine got covered by numerous waves while shooting at the coast, and never gave me a moments problem.

Here's a handful of shots taken on the coast not far from where I live in Lisbon...I love shooting the coastline.
Non of these are HDR, they are all one exposure taken in low light with neutral density graduated filters holding back the highlights in the sky, and in some cases, a straight neutral density filter (basically, darkened glass) to enable longer exposures.

Two minute exposure
marchstormatcarrasqueir.jpg

30 second exposure
praiadaursa.jpg

1 second exposure
praiadaamoeirainnovembe.jpg

20 second exposure
carrasquierainjanuaryii.jpg

400mm telephoto shot
lightabovecabodaroca.jpg

2 minute exposure
longexposureinguincho.jpg

2 second exposure
guinchoinseptember.jpg

30 second exposure
carrasquierainjanuary.jpg

4 second exposure
guinchoreflections.jpg

1 second exposure
praiadaamoeirainnovembe.jpg

2 minute exposure
carrasquieralongexposur.jpg

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Talking of tripods, how much does a cheap one cost these days ?