terrain holes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

atozix

Jan 18, 2004
Hi ALLL:)

This is more or a comment, but any suggestionsss welcome..

If you make terrain with vertical or steeply sloped cliffs, then you cant walk or fly through it , but when pressed hard up against it you can see through it at places, either partially or completely...

Now a tedious solution is to place blocking volumes appropriately, to prevent close up approach.... Or static mesh cliffs...

Now this is a bummer as it entails a lot of fiddling in a large level with lots of cliff faces that may be quite uneven..

I can get what i want visually , but it has the limitations mentioned...:(

Any easy ways to make cliffs that you cant see through close up????

NOTE: I quite like the effect of stretched textures, created by terrain manipulation, rather than using static mesh cliffs....

cheeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrssssssssssss a

Last edited:

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
Because terrain can only be lofted vertically, and most steep cliffs have rocky outcrops and such, most of the cliffs in UT2003/4 are terrain leading up to the cliffs, static meshes for the actual vertical rise, and then terrain on top. I think there are some rocks in the Runtime art.

atozix

Jan 18, 2004
Hi Vito ... :)

yes, thx... but i will use blocking volumes in places , for as i say , i like the stretched texture effect...................

cheeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssss a