Information on where to find books for

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tkip

Feb 26, 2000
Visit site
How to make maps for games. Unreal and Quake. Someone has said that there are some in existance on Quake but never seen anything for any other games. So......

:biorifle:

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
Here are a couple of suggestions: try Barnes and Noble or Borders.com and look for a book called "Making 3d Games" or something like that. I read it one time while I was there, and it helped a lot. Also, look at cliffy b's website (not the one on PU) for some mapping "commandments" to keep in mind when building a map. However, without a doubt the best thing to do is PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and PRACTICE more...oh yeah, and read lots of reviews at Nalicity; they tell you what not to do! Good luck.

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
In my opinion, dont bother finding books on making games. Just find all the tutorials you need on the web to get started. Try out this site: http://www.game-edit.com/tutorials/Unreal/ , surely you´ll find something there. And just like rmcollins3 said, just PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE and PRACTICE, and you´ll be satisfied with the results. Good Luck :)

GringoLoco

[Edited by quitgrin1 on December 28th, 2000 at 10:02 AM]

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
PRACTICE :)

The time you spend reading books (or with any other vulgar pass-time like dating girls or making sport ,etc...) you could put it to good use by experimenting with unrealed.