Sniper Rifle in U2: UT's or Unreal's

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What sniper rifle do YOU want?

• Unreal 1 rifle - one shot, one kill

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • UT sniper rifle - I like M16s with scopes

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Some new sniper rifle

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • What's a sniper rifle?

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
Oh, the poor rifle! *snik* :( Taking away the bullets of a rifle is taking away it's dignity. :( A rifle without bullets is not a rifle anymore.

Then it's more like a lasergun or something.

MxFxSunrise

Jul 21, 2000
Looking in from the outside
tribes dared to be diffrent with the [Dr.Evil Voice] "LAZER"[/Dr.Evil Voice] Rifle. why is everyone so chicken to change stuff around with out change there can be no evolution, with no evolution things run out of stuff to eat and die off :)con: you get my point)

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
sniper rifle is cool, something a lil different maybe, but its a good equalizer, even though icant use it much being ping challenged...
a laser sight would be cool, you could pin out ppl trying to take aim on you or see it on the wall next to you just before you get head popped!

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
Who cares about ping? Unreal2 has a single player modus! wouldn't it be cool to snipe birds, skaarj and seagoats?

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
Originally posted by Hybrid
Who cares about ping? Unreal2 has a single player modus! wouldn't it be cool to snipe birds, skaarj and seagoats?
absolutely! was just commenting that i dont get to use it much online cause no one stands still for me! ;)

and i still think itd be cool to see that laser sight pointing on a wall right next to you or thru fog or on a teammates head just before it goes splat! :)

Diving Mullah

Jan 11, 2000
Los Gatos, CA, USA
Visit site
a quantum Sniper Rifle

Very Slow to load!, Very low on ammo, but you can actually take people out from behind the walls, or inside the buildings.

The bullets would phase through barriers!

That would be a cool weapon. The FC runs and makes it back to base, sound the one shoot and boom your head pops out!

Mullah

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
One problem I forsee, U2 levels can be huge and open right? well, they better make sniper rifle ammo hard to come by then or the sniper rifle will be overly powerful. A slower rate of fire would be good as well :)

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Expect the sniper rifle to be harder to aim with. Standing will cause more movement in the reticle, but crouching allows for more stability. Prone position: not sure if it is or will be implemented.

What most game developers tend to forget is that while looking through a scope, slight movements will cause the image to move rapidly out of sight.

For example, in UT moving the SR while scoped in is slower. But that is not how a scope works. If you scope in on a target, one slight move to the left, right, up or down will cause the target to disappear. Grab a pair of binoculars and you will see what I'm talking about. If you are scoped in, then the mouse sensitivity will increase, instead of decrease.

Sniper rifles will be harder to use and require more skill than the traditional SR.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
in UT moving the SR while scoped in is slower

Yes, you are very right, but I think this is supposed to simulate that you are trying to aim precisely, rather than the normal mouselook, where you need to be able to change directions quickly to save your life.

Anyway, I don't want it to be any harder to aim. Please.:p

WildfireX

Mar 10, 2001
Visit site
Just use a mouse alias to in/decrease mouse sensetivity, as long as they don't remove the console...I hope not, good shooters need consoles! The ~ kind, not the LameCube kind.
Ah well some people say its cheap so maybe they'll remove the console, and people will say there's no weapon balance so they'll remove all the weapons and make only one player class and no multiplayer because some people have bad connections.
I just hope they make the game THEY want to make and not the game Johnny the Whiner wants to make. It seems like a lot of game companies have been scared of giving whiners the short end of the shaft. Hell, as long as U2 is fun...why do we care?

dEAdly_sIn

kIng_0f_hEAdsh0tz and Leader of Clan -=IFH=-
Jul 24, 2001
USA
www.crosswinds.net
How bout

How about a sniper rifle akin to the one in TFC?
You hold pri. fire to power it up, and headshots to alot more damage after powering up 100%....it could even knock off a HWG with all Health and Armor.....
sIn:sniper:

Status
Not open for further replies.