New shooter from "Epic studios" co-published by EA

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Whatever it is I can guarantee that you'll play as a steroid popping warrior with a dark past wearing 2 tons worth of armor that has flashlights all over it. It will be announced this year and then released in 2013. The story was penned by Mike Capps while on the toilet and WarTourist has been replaced by a parrot as the game producer.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Whatever it is I can guarantee that you'll play as a steroid popping warrior with a dark past wearing 2 tons worth of armor that has flashlights all over it. It will be announced this year and then released in 2013. The story was penned by Mike Capps while on the toilet and WarTourist has been replaced by a parrot as the game producer.

LMAO +1 For the WIN !!

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Epic Games + EA probably = Epic Fail.

What I would like to see is:

Epic Games + Stardock
Before you play BUY OBJECT DESKTOP OBJECT DESKTOP YOU KNOW YOU WANT OBJECTS AND DESKTOPS TOGETHER YES PLEASE YES PLEASE YES PLEASE BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!

"We don't advertise"

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
I'll pray for a new awesome MP game too (and without any sort of damn! auto-aim... :mad:) whatever the platform is.

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Before you play BUY OBJECT DESKTOP OBJECT DESKTOP YOU KNOW YOU WANT OBJECTS AND DESKTOPS TOGETHER YES PLEASE YES PLEASE YES PLEASE BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!!!

"We don't advertise"

I'm a big Sins of a Solar Empire player (currently my main game) and I think Impulse is relatively benign and I like the way that Stardock is handling DRM. I play Sins of a Solar Empire online all the time and it never advertises anything. The only time I might see an ad is when I load up Impulse once every two or three months to patch the game.

Most importantly, unlike Midway and EA, the CEO of Stardock is probably smart enough not to pressure Epic to release a game before it's ready and he won't insist that it be consolized.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
My point is that Impulse as a platform offers you nothing and advertises to you. In that way, it's no different than Direct2Drive and several other crappy digital download services. Does that make Impulse bad? No, but I'll never use it with that being one of the reasons.

EA Partners isn't going to be a big deal... or do you think EA is the reason why Valve's games were so horribly awful? (Yes, Valve uses EA Partners Program).

The thing is, Epic probably doesn't technically NEED a publisher, but they get them anyway. Other than co-publishing a game with Valve, EA Partners seems like the least intrusive publishing model available right now.

xear0

Jan 30, 2009
pc gaming is dead and gone forever. PLEASE LET THIS BE A CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE EPIC!!!!!! XBOX FTW!!!!!

PS. i'm being serious pc gaming sucks dick. Halo > you

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Right. I'm convinced Halo was designed for legally blind people with Parkinson's Disease.

evilmrfrank

Banned
Apr 22, 2005
Florida, US
www.evilmrfrank.com
Just thought you guys should be aware of something on the Epic Games level design job posting, has a rather strange requirement :p "Experience outside the FPS genre; we’d love to add experience from genres like MMOs, open worlds etc. to our team"

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I'm pretty sure this relates to an as yet unannounced Cliff Bleszinski project (not PCF).

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
well today (wednesday march 10th) kicks off the main GDC events. I guess we will hear something hopefully. iirc Microsoft usually did their keynote first followed by Sony and or Nintendo

Last edited:

Ma3a*

Null-Technology
Dec 25, 2005
...Sigh.

What I would want to see is EPIC Teaming up again with Digital Extremes, and Legend to make another UT, but knowing the current situation it's just a farfetched dream.

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
But will people play it online? The shooter market has become a bit saturated...
Not to mention that Brink is gonna steal away the UT crowd. That games looks sick.

That only leaves the Gears of War console crowd. The problem is will they want something other than GoW?