UCMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Predictions? Bets? Will it give the CBP a kick in the ass?

• OMFG!11 I can't wait for it!

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Not interested...

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Well, I guess that was a little pre-emptive of me. I mean, you guys do have a few members of the aforementioned composition on your team. I don't by any means put this as a CBP knock off.
Tell Sjosz he seriously needs to retweak the lighting on that aquatic level of his. It has an almost zonelit look about it. It's almost the same deal as was with Plutonic's CTF-Rivalry. More contrasts.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
hmmm... everybody else thought the lighting looked fine. i know in the last beta, somebody said he forgot to build the lighting :lol:
but the map is already final. :)

PostPunk

DESIGN JUNKIE
Jul 19, 2004
Reciprocity said:
Tell Sjosz he seriously needs to retweak the lighting on that aquatic level of his. It has an almost zonelit look about it. It's almost the same deal as was with Plutonic's CTF-Rivalry. More contrasts.

Hope you're not basing it on the wallpaper -- I seriously tweaked the lighting there... super aquamarine.

Last edited:

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Juggalo Kyle said:
hmmm... everybody else thought the lighting looked fine. i know in the last beta, somebody said he forgot to build the lighting :lol:
but the map is already final. :)

If that's what I'm looking at on the website under content, the beta I mean, then I won't bother you guys about it. If what's on the website is the final product..erm...

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
ok, so you looked at the pics in the content pages huh? Post Punk thought you might of been basing it off of the wall papers, and wanted to say that those pictures are altered, they have altered lighting, so it doesnt appear that way ingame. :)

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
souldividersjosz said:
Would Reciprocity please give feedback on my map's (Aquatica) lighting after playing it?

Just like I suspected. The lighting overall is just overly washed out. Lacks some projectors or strong contrasts between shades.
Oh and the crack in the window paneling in the median of the level is kinda precurious. The structure shows no other signs of decadence besides that one. It seems a little wierd to me.

ArcadiaVincennes

Level Designer
May 20, 2004
Joisee
www.avld.org
Well, sorry you're dissappointed by the lighting. Remember though - It takes place in an underwater arena which, by definition, would produce more subtle, slightly more ambiant lighting to begin with.
But, everyone's opinion is individual and valid enough on its own.

Thanks for trying the maps - I hope that you enjoyed the gameplay, and some, if not all, of the graphical goodness.

Thanks for the feedback, too!

Cheers!

-AV

Bellasadda

LevelDesigner
Oct 14, 2004
Austin, Tx
Reciprocity said:
Oh and the crack in the window paneling in the median of the level is kinda precurious. The structure shows no other signs of decadence besides that one. It seems a little wierd to me.

You know, if you pulled out a rocket launcher, you may find a bit more structure damage.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Thanks for the comment Reciprocity, I do not share your opinion, but I cannot blame anyone for having an opinion of their own. I am proud of this map I made. I hope you can still appreciate the gameplay it offers.

As for Derelict, Barballs meant his own creation, DM-UCMP-Derelict, not DM-HUT-Derelict from the HaloUT team

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Oh yeah, sjosz. It has some create CTF action to offer. I wouldn't shy away from toying with the lighting when you release this one individually though. Or are you guys keeping all the maps as is when they come out 1 by 1?

Hmm...I thought Derelict was pretty good. It had this look about it that said you'd blown the side off of Roughinery and cleared up the sky a bit. The gameplay was a little more lax than the aforementioned map, a welcome change.
I wasn't a big fan of the overlapping shadows though. They show that you have too many light sources or perhaps too high a radii of some. To that same effect, I've been to Earth nice place btw; supposing that this is the location of the map, the moon in the right size and scale but the sunlight actor is a little too pertinent and bright. Also, the light need more variance in colors. The blue is dominating the entire map. Make sure you get some yellows. The reds are just right. Notice I said "yellow", not "peach". ;)
The pipes with adrenaline and health are almost an overload. One or two less of those would even out the risk/reward factors.
Oh yeah, and I am interested to know..why did you use an xprojectmesh as opposed to a fluid surface for your pool?

Last edited: