DM-Hope

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Well the engine hasn't changed - but PC specs have - you gotta push the envelope to the absolute maximum nowadays - even at the expense of gameplay in some instances - otherwise you will be stuck in a loop and never move forward - everyone will be too scared to go those extra polys in the name of gameplay and that is absolute bullsh*t

Lruce

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Stretching the engine a little is fine. But you can't give a 450 poly count the OK. If you want to make nicer maps then wait for the next engine. Maps have of course moved forward, mostly due to an increase in photo-realistic texture quality, better mappers, and an increase in poly counts but many ppl take the poly count too far IMO. I think 300 pushes the engine too far.

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
i have only contempt for people who are afraid of trying to push the engine and decide to "wait for u2 instead".

lame mother****ers. all of them. DAMN YOU ALL! GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Chrysaor

Lord of the Pants
Nov 3, 2001
Hiding in your Attic
Originally posted by mister_cope
i have only contempt for people who are afraid of trying to push the engine and decide to "wait for u2 instead".

lame mother****ers. all of them. DAMN YOU ALL! GRRRRRRRRRRR.

Why not just **** UT and start making **** in Max now? Then when U2 comes out you is all set?

Pushing then engine is fine, but it doesn't make the level very playable, and it will never be successful online.

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
frags, you should know by now that common sense has no place in these discussions.

p.s. Ur 'gh3y'

p.p.s 400 polys of davidmish 'inspired' leetness is not really that visually impressive.

p.p.ps ur still 'gh3y'

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
so does stubbing your toe on a doorframe when you get up for a piss in the night & are too lazy to turn the bathroom light on

Blueyes

Be nice to me...
Feb 11, 2004
Montreal, Canada
I say: welcome to all those nicely made 400+ polys maps and **** all this online immature playing crap!

Kicking a$$ is not my cup of tea anyway...i leave that for others. ;)