UE3 - General Blender plug-ins for Unreal Engine

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
Blender plug-ins for Unreal Engine 1/2/3

Recently I was doing some cleaning on my HD and realized that I have a lot of good things that I can share with you guys. For now, I will publish only tree plug-ins, but I have more and I will update this thread soon as they will be updated to Blender 2.60.

3D Studio Max ASE Ascii Import/Export (.ase) - v1.1
Not too much to say - it can import two types of ase (standard and non-standard) and export to standard type supported by UE 2/3.

Import Support:
-Blender 2,60
-Multiple Mesh Groups
-Multiple Material ID
-UV Texutre

Export Support:
UE 2/3

Unreal Engine G16/BMP HeightMap Import/Export (*.bmp) - v1.2
BMP HeightMap (16 Bits G16, 8 Bits GrayScale) Import/Convert/Export from/to G16. Difference between the others tools is that exported G16 is a true HeightMap - imported terrain don't need an additional smoothing.
Z scale and Z location are disabled because of compatibility with range 0-255.

Import Support:
G16 HeightMap (*.bmp)
8bit GrayScale BitMap (*.bmp)
24bit RGB Gray BitMap (*.bmp)
-Blender 2,60
-UV Texutre

Export Support:
G16 HeightMap (*.bmp)
UE 2/3

Update:
- removed small bug in vertex height calculation and added support for RGB gray scale bitmap (24bit). In HeightMaps folder you can find predefined terrain bitmaps - in case if you want to create something from the beginning...

Unreal Engine T3D Ascii Import (.t3d) - v1.1
Can import RedBuilder, regular Brush or StaticMesh exported by UEditor/UCC with any shape. Especially useful when you want to recover original collision for exported StaticMesh - for those curious I can explain how...

Import Support:
-Blender 2,60
-Multiple Mesh Groups
-Multiple Material ID
-UV Texutre (only for StaticMesh)
-UE 1/2

Last edited: